Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General chit chat

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hopefully they don’t ease the restrictions too quickly this time or else we’ll definitely go into another lockdown. Idk why we don’t just stay in lockdown till most of the vulnerable are vaccinated then relax it in stages after that..I’d rather be in a slightly longer lockdown this time than have to go into another one tbh
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hopefully they don’t ease the restrictions too quickly this time or else we’ll definitely go into another lockdown. Idk why we don’t just stay in lockdown till most of the vulnerable are vaccinated then relax it in stages after that..I’d rather be in a slightly longer lockdown this time than have to go into another one tbh

I reckon cases are gonna sore as soon as people are allowed to mix and we will be back in lockdown by Easter tbh
    They will lift restrictions too quickly because the economy is falling apart more and more, the longer the country is in lockdown, the harder it is on the economy.
    The government are looking to do the eat out scheme again and that alone caused cases to rise so quickly
    GreenTea wrote: »
    @independent_

What music you listening to?

Just my playlist lol the one with all the really random songs on it.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Might go do a midnight work out 😂

I reckon cases are gonna sore as soon as people are allowed to mix and we will be back in lockdown by Easter tbh
    They will lift restrictions too quickly because the economy is falling apart more and more, the longer the country is in lockdown, the harder it is on the economy.
    The government are looking to do the eat out scheme again and that alone caused cases to rise so quickly

Yeah they will definitely do that that’s what they did last time. There are so many better ways they could be handling it but that’s the government for you.
    I like how new Zealand are dealing with it. They were back to normal and then 3 cases appeared in a city so the whole city went into a short lockdown to ensure those cases were contained.

Our country is just a joke tbh
    OMG it’s so cold!!
    OMG it’s so cold!!

I'm really warm!
    I was warm earlier when the heating was on but our heating is set to go off at 10.30 so it switches off and then gradually over the next couple of hours the house gets colder and colder :joy:
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I use my sisters electric blanket. Most comfy thing going
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I was warm earlier when the heating was on but our heating is set to go off at 10.30 so it switches off and then gradually over the next couple of hours the house gets colder and colder :joy:

Fair enough! Time to snuggle under some blankets then!
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Another poor night's sleep incoming :D got a horrible migraine I'm just having to suffer through
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    As soon as he open schools again they will rocket . They’ve already admitted they know opening schools will push the R rate above one again and again he’s ignoring government scientists who are telling him not to
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    I can't wait until we get out of this lockdown. We're supposed to be going to France in July but think it's gonna have to be July 2022 :pensive:

Awh no :( is this with your sports?

Actually for a change it was supposed to be a holiday with my bfs family. We were taking the kids to Disneyland :/
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I can't wait until we get out of this lockdown. We're supposed to be going to France in July but think it's gonna have to be July 2022 :pensive:

Actually for a change it was supposed to be a holiday with my bfs family. We were taking the kids to Disneyland :/

I feel sorry for you that must be heartbreaking for the kids.

Ahh no :( hopefully by next year things are back to normal. I know they are really strict in Disney at the moment anyway. Like no eating in the park etc
    @Dancer

I read your message too late in support chat. Lol you have a very good memory!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    heyyy
    Hey @independent_
    How are you?
    uhh i think im still a bit tipsy lol how are you @Shaunie <3 ?
    Ah lol whata been drinking?
    Vodka lol @Shaunie my sister had vodka because her and her boyfriend were drinking it lol.

How have you been today?
    Evening, is this where the people who can't sleep hang around? :D
    Vodka lol @Shaunie my sister had vodka because her and her boyfriend were drinking it lol.

How have you been today?
    Ah nice. Wish I had some vodka.
    Not the best but thanks

Supernova wrote: »
    How are you @Supernova
    @Shaunie

Not the best but not awful either - thanks for asking. How about you?
    @Shaunie

Not the best but not awful either - thanks for asking. How about you?

Ah same I guess. What you been up to today ?
    @Shaunie

Well honestly, not a lot lol. Things are slow as they are for most people right now. It's a bit shit :p And you?
    @Shaunie

Well honestly, not a lot lol. Things are slow as they are for most people right now. It's a bit shit :p And you?
    Sameee

Yesss