Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,632 Legendary Poster
    Shaunie wrote: »
    That is a darn good question @Shaunie hopefully soon because OMG it’s so cold at the moment. Usually tends to get a bit warmer in April though.

Really. I thought it’s getting warmer a bit since snow has felt felt warmer [/quote]

I think it is a bit warmer but it’s still windy and raining so doesn’t really feel it lol :joy: but like proper nice weather is usually april @Shaunie
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I have a skiping rope In my room but no space to skip... Sad times
  • Options
    Aww @GreenTea not too long till you can go outside and have all the space in the world!! It’s Saturday you can go isn’t it?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Aw we ain’t got that long then!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Aww @GreenTea not too long till you can go outside and have all the space in the world!! It’s Saturday you can go isn’t it?

Yes Saturday. My isolation ends at 23:59 on Friday! It's been long but I did it. So freaking excited to see my friends
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »

Yes Saturday. My isolation ends at 23:59 on Friday! It's been long but I did it. So freaking excited to see my friends

Yayyyy!! You did it and you should be so proud of yourself. At the beginning you didn’t think you could. But you got there and you’ll enjoy that walk on Saturday just that bit more <3@GreenTea
  • Options

Yayyyy!! You did it and you should be so proud of yourself. At the beginning you didn’t think you could. But you got there and you’ll enjoy that walk on Saturday just that bit more <3@GreenTea

Thank you. I'm in a real bad place mentally though. Don't understand how people can sit in their rooms all the time. Do the same 4 walls not drive them insane?
    L
  • Options
    I want to go back to work. I’m so bored.

I think Boris anoucance a pathway on Monday?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Idek why I’m so bored. I normally don’t work that much anyways lol
  • Options
    @independent_ been to the beach at all recently?
  • Options

Thank you. I'm in a real bad place mentally though. Don't understand how people can sit in their rooms all the time. Do the same 4 walls not drive them insane?
    L

@GreenTea
    It’s a scary place outside
  • Options
    @Shaunie I suppose just knowing you’ll be able to have something to go out for a couple of times a week stops the boredom, I guess when you don’t have work being in the house seems endless.

@GreenTea I actually haven’t been to the beach for ages, it’s been such bad weather. Hopefully it’s not so rainy this weekend and we can go because I do miss the beach (and I’m sure Theo does too he loves the beach haha).
  • Options
    @Shaun I suppose just knowing you’ll be able to have something to go out for a couple of times a week stops the boredom, I guess when you don’t have work being in the house seems endless.

@GreenTea I actually haven’t been to the beach for ages, it’s been such bad weather. Hopefully it’s not so rainy this weekend and we can go because I do miss the beach (and I’m sure Theo does too he loves the beach haha).

Ahh I miss the beach too tbh. I'm hoping when lockdown is over, to do a weekend away to the coast!
  • Options
    He is going an ancounrment though? Do you think he will lift lockdown?
  • Options
    @Shaun I suppose just knowing you’ll be able to have something to go out for a couple of times a week stops the boredom, I guess when you don’t have work being in the house seems endless.

Ahh I miss the beach too tbh. I'm hoping when lockdown is over, to do a weekend away to the coast!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @GreenTea aww that sounds like it would be a lovely weekend! And gives you something to look forward to after this whole shitshow is over.

@Shaunie I think he will lift it in stages like he did with the last one, starting with things like you can meet in small groups of 6 outside. I don’t think shops and pubs will be open for a while yet I reckon late March/early April. I hope they don’t rush into it tbh if they do we could have another lockdown in a few weeks lol.
  • Options
    Oops it posted twice!

My WiFi is being so slow

@independent_ yh I've saved up so much during covid. Just want to treat myself!
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I can't wait until we get out of this lockdown. We're supposed to be going to France in July but think it's gonna have to be July 2022 :pensive:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    Anch0r33 wrote: »
    I can't wait until we get out of this lockdown. We're supposed to be going to France in July but think it's gonna have to be July 2022 :pensive:

Awh no :( is this with your sports?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @GreenTe that sounds like it would be a lovely weekend! And gives you something to look forward to after this whole shitshow is over.

@Shaunie I think he will lift it in stages like he did with the last one, starting with things like you can meet in small groups of 6 outside. I don’t think shops and pubs will be open for a while yet I reckon late March/early April. I hope they don’t rush into it tbh if they do we could have another lockdown in a few weeks lol.

Yeah or maybe with tiers
  • Options
    My wifi is also suddenly being very slow idk why it’d been fine all day! Good job I decided against watching netflix and went for music instead lol.

@GreenTea I’ve also saved a lot during lockdown just cause I’m not going out and spending money as much :joy:

@Anch0r33 aww that’s a shame, you’ll have something to look forward to though when hopefully Covid restrictions will be a thing of the past.
  • Options
    I honestly can not wait to see my friends on Monday 💕💕💕 missed their beautiful faces
  • Options
    @GreenTe that sounds like it would be a lovely weekend! And gives you something to look forward to after this whole shitshow is over.

Yeah or maybe with tiers

Ohh yeah I forgot about the tiers @Shaunie maybe he’ll put every area in tier 3 for a while and then let certain areas move down if they have low cases/good vaccination numbers.

I’m just speculating of course, I think Scotland will do it more slowly.
  • Options
    Oh yeah. Cause Scotland went later into lockdown right?
  • Options
    I'm magic!
  • Options
    I do wonder how I ever survived without a dog in the house ah

But omg you know older sister has Bella. The beagle puppy. We are going to do a dog swap lol. They have teddy and we have Bella for a day lol.
  • Options
    Ooh I’m not sure actually @Shaunie I think we went into lockdown at the same time as you guys but our government tends to be more cautious with lifting the restrictions.
  • Options
    I do wonder how I ever survived without a dog in the house ah

But omg you know older sister has Bella. The beagle puppy. We are going to do a dog swap lol. They have teddy and we have Bella for a day lol.

aww thats sweet lol
  • Options
    I reckon we will be in another lockdown by summer tbh.
  • Options
    @independent_

What music you listening to?