Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    mn5c13qi9qq5.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    This is what I got from one of my Amazon vouchers. A new watch band which I never knew I could change! Now looks clean and white!

TRIGGER WARNING Scars
    And excuse my hairy arm
    8an0ehy2ilqk.jpeg

Also got this for when I have video calls. I feel like my phone is too close to my face so I like to have it standing far away lol
    ozymojnp71tj.jpeg
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited February 2021
    Welcome back insomnia 😘
  • Options
    Oh what a fun night haha

@Dandelion @independent_ you about for a chat?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    @GreenTea sure am, how are you doing?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea sure am, how are you doing?

Just annoyed I can't sleep!
    How are you?
  • Options
    @GreenTea nothing worse than not being able to sleep! Anything you can do to relax?

I’m ok I guess, struggling a bit tbh but I just need to stay distracted lol.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea nothing worse than not being able to sleep! Anything you can do to relax?

I’m ok I guess, struggling a bit tbh but I just need to stay distracted lol.

Ay stick on some music! I know you like music. It might help?
  • Options
    What month does it start getting warm?
  • Options
    I'm loving a bit of lily Allen at the moment tbh.
    Was talking to some friends the other day and we came to a conclusion that the song "fuck you" is just great lol

Listened to anything new recently @independent_ ?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Ooohh @Shaunie I dunno what it is but I love having work books that have been put together . I got my workbook ready for CBT Mindfullness next week !
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Still can’t believe I have to have 4 fillings :(
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Was talking to some friends the other day and we came to a conclusion that the song "fuck you" is just great lol

Listen
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    Still can’t believe I have to have 4 fillings :(

Ahh no :( hopefully they go ok!. Hope you are ok!
  • Options
    @GreenTea I love music. I was thinking about watching netflix before bed but not sure now might just put music on instead :) you watching anything good at the moment?

That is a darn good question @Shaunie hopefully soon because OMG it’s so cold at the moment. Usually tends to get a bit warmer in April though.
  • Options
    Ooohh @Shaunie I dunno what it is but I love having work books that have been put together . I got my workbook ready for CBT Mindfullness next week !

That’s good! I wish these booklets was shorten down tho. I might make my own with shorten version . When did you start CBT?
  • Options
    @independent_ I've been watching a lot of Grey's anatomy. Only got one more day In isolation and then I'm free!
    Got a long 5 hour walk planned for Saturday haha
  • Options

That is a darn good question @Shaunie hopefully soon because OMG it’s so cold at the moment. Usually tends to get a bit warmer in April though. [/quote]

Really. I thought it’s getting warmer a bit since snow has felt felt warmer
  • Options
    So excited to go outsideeee
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »

Ooh Lily Alan is amazing! I don’t think I’ve heard that song but it sounds like it would be good lol.

Haven’t really found any new music lately, it tends to go through phases sometimes there’s loads of new stuff at once and then suddenly there’s none lol.
  • Options
    It's been far to long and I'm bored of bedroom workouts and just watching Grey's anatomy. Need adventure!
  • Options
    @Shaunie it’s something my GP surgery is running with a private company that they have funding for . I start it on Thursday next week .

I feel you on booklets mine has all 8 sessions in it so it’s like 180 pages long 🤣
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »

Ooh Lily Alan is amazing! I don’t think I’ve heard that song but it sounds like it would be good lol.

Haven’t really found any new music lately, it tends to go through phases sometimes there’s loads of new stuff at once and then suddenly there’s none lol.

Here's the link to the song on YouTube https://youtu.be/yFE6qQ3ySXE it's great lol
    To be fair there hasn't really been much that's come out
  • Options
    Eh @GreenTea I’m nervous especially since she’s making me have the numbing stuff this time round
  • Options
    @Shaunie it’s something my GP surgery is running with a private company that they have funding for . I start it on Thursday next week .

I feel you on booklets mine has all 8 sessions in it so it’s like 180 pages long 🤣

That’s good! Is it group online? Omgg that’s a lot
  • Options
    Eh @GreenTea I’m nervous especially since she’s making me have the numbing stuff this time round

You'll be ok, maybe stuck your headphones on and listen to some music to distract you?
  • Options
    meant Lily Allen lol im tired.

@Millie2787 aww hope the fillings go ok <3

@GreenTea ooh yayyy you can finally go outside!! I bet you’re looking forward to it!
  • Options
    @Shaunie Yeahhh it’s over zoom which makes me nervous but there’s no expectation to have my camera on in the beginning which makes me feel a little better

@GreenTea just wish she would refer me to the anxious patient dentist instead so they can give me some sort of sedation
  • Options
    meant Lily Allen lol im tired.

@Millie2787 aww hope the fillings go ok <3

@GreenTea ooh yayyy you can finally go outside!! I bet you’re looking forward to it!

Can't wait tbh. It's been a rough couple weeks. Would appreciate the Freedom!!
  • Options
    It’s really hard to concentrate when it’s over video. It’s like my in bed. I can’t get in the mindset ahah. Mines always at 10am which is way to early for me
  • Options
    @ShaunYeahhh it’s over zoom which makes me nervous but there’s no expectation to have my camera on in the beginning which makes me feel a little better

@GreenTea just wish she would refer me to the anxious patient dentist instead so they can give me some sort of sedation

Can you ring up and speak to them about how you are feeling and see if they refer you?