Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2021
    Dancer said:
    Unfortunately things have gotten really bad at the moment with covid so drastic action is necessary at short notice and that includes cancelling exams and a lot of operations 

get that but I have spent weeks , hours of teaching time , countless times crying and stressing over a real exam , an exam that would decide my future about going to uni . I’m sorry but if boris had taken action sooner instead of fannying about I wouldn’t and so many other students wouldn’t in this position 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Not again not again not again... Last thing I ever wanted. Whyyyy.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME ! He cancelled the exams in the summer , yet again voccoational exams have been forgotten about snd for the record I’ve still got to sit my exam on Friday 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    ITS so stupid im only gonna deteriorate from here and I bet I still have my french speaking exam tomorow ;/
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Dancer said:
    Unfortunately things have gotten really bad at the moment with covid so drastic action is necessary at short notice and that includes cancelling exams and a lot of operations 

get that but I have spent weeks , hours of teaching time , countless times crying and stressing over a real exam , an exam that would decide my future about going to uni . I’m sorry but if boris had taken action sooner instead of fannying about I wouldn’t and so many other students wouldn’t in this position 
    I can understand what you are saying. Exams can be really stressful to think about and when revising and then it all goes wrong when they have to get cancelled. If you want to talk about anything or even just to get a virtual hug or to vent then we all are here for you. You matter so much. <3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited January 2021
    Only way to fucking protect myself at this point is to fucking quit
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Alright 2 things.

1. Why is covid stuff everywhere? Would love to listen to spotify without the constant ads can we have a covid free day every week. Need some sanity haha

2. Sometimes it overwhelms me more than other times. Like this is the kind of thing I would have nightmares about and wake up feeling better. Now it's real and it still shocks me sometimes. I haven't woken up or just been relieved in ages it's mad

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @Laine Sending hugs <3 It's so frustrating that it's plastered everywhere - have you tried listening to music on another platform like YouTube? I don't think I've seen any Covid related adverts on there! I definitely feel you when you say you need some sanity - perhaps schedule some time everyday to take a mini digital detox? Just an hour or so where you're maybe playing with the dog or doing your new colouring book, something you know isn't going to be interrupted by something covid related :) 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I fucking hate covid like I have felt so angry about it the last few weeks. My nana spent the last year of her life shielding at home because of fucking covid and not getting to see us as much as usual. Not being able to go to her fave places and urgh it makes me so so mad 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    I think this pandemic is really taking its toll on me. I'm finding this lockdown really hard but can't figure out why. I worked through out this whole pandemic. I've been at work so not much has really changed. Maybe it's just the lack of socializing 
    edited January 2021
    Haven't seen my bestie of 11 years in 18 months. I really miss her. I hope covid goes soon do we can have our day trips out again soon
    I also really miss having a safe location when I'm not ok.
    When will people realise that breaking the rules is just going to drag this out longer?
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    My sister is pissing me off. She goes against all covid rules and won’t take the vaccine. Like isn’t that a bit selfish you work with very vulnerable people and travels to a different city. She said she is young so should live it. 🙄 tried to convince her to get it but she just ain’t having it when she has Astma. Covid is more likely to get her than a vaccine 

I’ve kept with the rules 100% apart from going to my older sisters when I felt unsafe home alone. But tbf it’s not like I have anyone to meet lol. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I what to go back to work. Kinda really bored. All I do is sleep. I thought I would be on furlough for two weeks. Not this long ah 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    If I didn't have my covid test tomorrow, id call in for a mental health day at home. 
    Fuck you covid
    This is a very good point about suicide and lockdown

older generation matter aswell. But yeah. 
    The comments mostly disagree with it but where is the Balance
    The vaccine has made me so poorly
    It makes me angry when I see stuff on the news about people deliberately breaking lockdown rules by having raves or parties or making unnecessary trips to somewhere. If people actually followed the rules then we could see infection rates go down but they don't even really seem to care.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • loloislazyloloislazy Posts: 14 Settling in
    the south africa strain of covid is in my town and at this point i want it to infect and kill me-
    ꨄ 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 ꨄ
    ꨄ 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨 ꨄ
    RIP Sir Tom Moore
    💔 RIP Sir Tom Moore 
    I just can't cope anymore.
    Really struggling with covid. I'm in so much pain. My body just hurts constantly. Last night I almost called an ambulance after rolling around on the floor in such horrible pain. It's eased a bit now..my cough is so bad, it hurts to cough. I can't smell and I can't taste. It's horrible. I've been wanting a bit of chocolate and I can eat some but because I can't taste it, my Brain things I haven't had it. I've spent all day today drifting in and out of sleep while trying to battle up some energy to take a shower.
    Covid has really knocked me. Hopefully I'll feel better soon
    When will I feel better?. 
    Having to check my oxygen saturation repeatedly because it took a dip earlier and now I'm really panicked I'm getting pneumonia again
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster

I got a call today from the GP saying that I was eligible to get the vaccination. 

I've been lumped into the 2 phase of vacation and in that it includes people aged 16-64 with underlying health conditions and or unpaid carers for the elderly and the disabled. My job classifies me as a key worker so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it. Either way, I didn't think that I had any underlying health issues.