Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I've got a plan!

1) organise a games night
    2) add some activities to my daily routine to improve my memory and concentration because its shocking lol
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I’m scared 🥺
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    2 positive cases at my school now. I have not been affected at all but it is really scary with all the news. My year group have not been affected but it is stressful and scary. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    edited October 2020
    I think it's annoying that some people think don't affect people's breathing at all.
    Obviously for most people it's just a mild annoyance. But for certain people with existing issues it can really have an impact especially for long periods of time. Having a better mask can help ofc. And anything with physical exertion is worse.
    Not to say people shouldn't wear a mask if they can as they are an important part of the strategy that was chosen just like to say that people don't get affected at all isn't true. 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    My youth groups have be cancelled all this week because of COVID 19 but we are doing remote 
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I want schools collages nursery’s to shut🥺😣
    Why?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Isolating until 25th November now due to being in contact with someone at school with COVID-19. And I was supposed to be seeing the external exam assessor on Monday to see if I can be considered for extra time in exams. That's all routine gone for me and I was excited about Dance. :(
  • EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    My school's been part of the trial testing thing. It's slightly terrifying the number of asymptomatic cases that have been discovered. I keep joking about it and stuff because well the drama is kind of entertaining but when you actually think about it it's frightening. Someone who sits next to me tested weak positive today and their full results from the normal test comes back tomorrow. This on top of my A level mocks next week is just great :anguished:
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Seen so many people moaning about schools being open still..
    Sorry that your childrens education, mental well being and social time is important. Sorry for trying to keep some form of normality!!
    Jeez it's lockdown, kids can still go outside to play at school. Shouldn't be doing it at homr
  • ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    I just want this to end now :(

I am happy we are getting a reprieve so I can finally see my family for Christmas - which I REALLY need. I preach the fact that holidays like this are true self-care days.

But I just want to be able to work again, see my friends, go on dates...
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited November 2020
    Big hugs felix! We all do. Hopefully soon enough x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Hanging on to hope I don’t have to isolate for another 14 days only just got out of a different 14 day isolation. I’m doing alright but I don’t know how much more being alone I can take. Also so sick of people violating rules and regulations, like they don’t even realise we’re in lockdown. This is more serious than so many people think! So no I’m not complaining about maybe having to self isolate again because if it’s what I have to do then I’ll do it but I am a little sick of being trapped indoors and my negative thoughts are starting to re enter my life. But I’m gonna get through this no matter what, and hopefully I’ll be back to sixth form on Monday!! Got my fingers crossed 
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
    We are in tier 3 BOO!!!!!
    We are in tier 3 BOO!!!!!
    Virtually everybody is!

I am travelling to see my mum who is luckily in Tier 2 over Christmas. But there is not that mcuh difference between all the tiers.
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Asymptomatic testing twice a week for work now. At least it’s the rapid ones so I can do it from home 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Going into teir 2 and one of my jobs sent out a really arsey email to staff about it and I am questioning my job ther
    So glad I can see family again - I know it is not for long, but a week should surffice. I need this. Covid has been horrid to me in more ways then one.
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Being a keyworker is stressful enough without my family constantly inviting me round and I have to keep reminding them I’m not allowed to visit then they act like it’s my fault or that I’m making excuses. 

Plus my parents split up so I get it from both sides, why don’t they understand that I don’t want to be fined or risk the clients at work??!!  the people I work with are 6 times more likely to have a really bad reaction to covid. 

I went to uni for 4 years and they visited about 8 times. But now there is a global pandemic apparently they can’t go a month without me -_- 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    I feel sad and lonely
    Two of my friends keep saying oh we should meet up but it hasn't happened yet

I have been self isolating since Saturday 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Don’t I just love being screwed over by boris once again 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Spending Christmas alone now. I was holding myself together for so long to get this...and it's been taken awag
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Family now won't have me round due to newest update :astonished:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    I just hate Bojo
  • phoebe_phoebe_ Deactivated Posts: 17 Settling in
    Big virtual hugs to those of you spending Christmas on your own <3

Try to do something for yourself like eat some nice food, watch a film you love or check in with friends/family via a video call.

Remember, it's just another day and we'll be together again soon.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I trusted my instincts and it saved a live and  It hasn't rale sunk in untill now. It's so important to follow your gut when it comes to these things. Please please if anyone close to you mentions suicide, don't let it slide, they are trying to tell you that they're not okay.