Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

SC Thread 12/08/20

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    WHAT?! @Eleanor i thought we were friends??? you're dropping this bomb shell on me now??? i think i'm 90% irn bru lol
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yh Laine. Just sucks when it's constant
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Laine said:
    Sounds like a plan @Shaunie if it's been a while good to chase it up! Still waiting for my cardiologist appointment haha

It's okay to have bad times @GreenTea it's good we can't always do 100% 💖

I like irn Bru @Liam not had it for ages tho!
    How long have you been waiting?

i got referred the same time to the BPD service and I am receiving their help now. Which is suprised mental health service is quicker. Very quick referral. It took me a whole year the last time I was referred to BPD

im just scared incase they lied to be about the referral to the throat people cause I wouldn’t shut up
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @milly It might be easier to say something again if people miss it, the comments come it quick so it's easy to accidentally miss a few :) It can be hard to go back and sift through them all <3
    Alis propriis volat 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Admittedly it's been tough @GreenTea the uncertain times have gotten to me, I try my best to keep busy with things I enjoy and keep going, I could easily crawl in bed and stay there sometimes so I do get you 💖

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Anyone got any suggestions for managing anxiety please? 
    Left fiddle toys, anxiety roll on etc at my house
    We're all here for you @milly im pretty much wide away so feel free to share away! 
    I'd live in a locked room if I could @Laine
    GreenTea said:
    Anyone got any suggestions for managing anxiety please? 
    Left fiddle toys, anxiety roll on etc at my house
    a plan for if you get to anxious in a situation
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @GreenTea My therapist taught me to do a meditation when I felt anxious, we worked on it in therapy where I would create a mental 'safe place' I could take myself to when I needed it and it's honestly the best thing I've ever learnt to do 
    Alis propriis volat 
    edited August 2020
    What’s your issue milly?
    @Eleanor
    That sounds like it's really helpful?
    my mam taught me something like that when i was younger and she first took me in. She'd make me imagine my fav  shape in my head and then imagine putting all of the things i love and enjoy in there and then imagine myself in the shape where its super safe and cosy and full of all of the things i love. It sounds daft but it really works! 
    Only about a week @Shaunie but usually when get appointments it's for like a month ahead so want it now haha they can't lie to you if they're putting a referral in they have to :) 

Yeah you can repeat yourself @milly

@GreenTea
    Music, relaxing techniques, colouring in, 
    Deep breathes, count to 10, watch something that makes you laugh, grounding, talk to someone x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

@GreenTea It honestly is a lifesaver! We did it guided for a long time where she would ask me to close my eyes and would prompt me with questions to think of somewhere I felt safe, I ended up thinking of the mountains. She would ask what's the weather like, am I sitting or standing etc. Then when things get tough I close my eyes and take myself there until I've calmed down and then slowly come back to the real world

Alis propriis volat 
    Oh rightt ah. 

I’m thinking of lying to them. Saying I’m getting ear pain and my throat hurts so eating less. 

Do you think I should?

Sounds like it helps Liam..
    Maybe I need to figure out my safety space
    Second that @Eleanor I love my happy place! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

@GreenTea I made a thread about it, let me find it and link it for you <3
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor said:
    @GreenTea It honestly is a lifesaver! We did it guided for a long time where she would ask me to close my eyes and would prompt me with questions to think of somewhere I felt safe, I ended up thinking of the mountains. She would ask what's the weather like, am I sitting or standing etc. Then when things get tough I close my eyes and take myself there until I've calmed down and then slowly come back to the real world

That sounds so useful
    Thank you @Eleanor

Sorry if my typing is off. I have a cat on me and my dog keeps nudging my arm away
    Yeah @GreenTea i've used it anytime ive felt overwhelmed since she taught it to me! And when she first took me in it was really nerve wracking for me because it was a new home,  with new people.  used to spend all night in the safe place in my mind haha 
    Liam said:
    Yeah @GreenTea i've used it anytime ive felt overwhelmed since she taught it to me! And when she first took me in it was really nerve wracking for me because it was a new home,  with new people.  used to spend all night in the safe place in my mind haha 

Glad it helps!
    It may be helpful to remain truthful @Shaunie lies may affect the care you get (tablets you don't need) and may lead you to trouble if they figure it out x

I'll give it a check too @Eleanor ! Been a while since I did my safe space x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Ah I hope you find it useful @Laine <3 

Might not be for everyone but thought no harm in sharing what got me through!
    Alis propriis volat 
    Na think I’m gunna have to lie tbh

think only way I will get rid of this constant anxiety
    I may also make a thread at some point of anxiety methods as I have used loads over years :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Feeling quite sad and in need of a hug or fist bump.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Laine said:
    I may also make a thread at some point of anxiety methods as I have used loads over years :) 

Ahhh that be cool!