Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kindness

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Housemate helped me out with my dishes today as struggled with Energy
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Samaritans let me know when i will not get replies from them

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I give my carer a pair of trousers and some pens 
    Teddy not weeing in the house for two days in a row. Very kind of him looolll
    and at weekend at work someone told me my teeth are really nice and white
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Good boy Teddy! That person at work sounds really kind.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Yesterday i was walking - someone was running in my direction cause the bus was coming so she was running to the bus stop. So i stop at the bus stop - pretending im getting on the bus. But i just actually wait for her to come. 
    Thought that was well nice for me lol
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    It costs nothing to be nice, well £1.79 for a cuppa and pack of biscuits 😂 there's this homeless guy that hangs about just outside the hotel and it's been raining for like 3 days straight I kid you not, so offered him a cuppa, he was so thankful 😊 then went just outside the hotel to have a smoke and some drunk creepy guy cornered me and was like 'well you look nice' and I was actually a bit scared (ptsd (but I actually think anyone would be a bit scared)) the only person that came to help was this homeless guy, not the people across the street but the guy I had been kind too just a few minutes before... moral of the story is ALWAYS be kind, you never know when it might be you needing a favour ✌
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Was suppose to give all this to the charity shop ages ago but so heavy to carry. Finally done it lol. I still have load more stuff i dont want anymore cause im way to fussy on clothes
    Working through my replies from when I was away and opened an unexpected letter from someone called Jess telling me I'm not alone and I have the strength to keep fighting 😊 really needed to hear this, Jess, I don't know who you are or how you got my address 😂 but thanks 💕 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Working through my replies from when I was away and opened an unexpected letter from someone called Jess telling me I'm not alone and I have the strength to keep fighting 😊 really needed to hear this, Jess, I don't know who you are or how you got my address 😂 but thanks 💕 
    Is there anyone called Jess on this website? Really nice thing for her to do either way.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Kasa2103 said:
    Is there anyone called Jess on this website? Really nice thing for her to do either way.
    No idea but posting this everywhere in the hopes she sees it 😂 
    I was in music for 2nd lesson and someone from another class left a pen behind. I asked the teacher if he knew who it belonged to (he is in the classroom for every lesson of the day.) He said I could have the pen.

Opened my prescription yesterday and found this inside 😁😁 
    I was upset earlier in dance and I left the room to calm down. A girl in my year came over and gave me a hug.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww, my mom's the best! She just showed up with balloons and a card because she wanted me to have something to wake up to tomorrow.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Today when I asked my H&SC course leader if it was okay if I picked my polo shirt up in the new year once I’ve been paid as she wants us to get it in the next few weeks she said she had a couple of second hand ones if I wanted one of those instead even though I said no I thought it was sweet she remembered money was a issue for me last year :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Was next to a man on a bus who wanted to go somewhere. I was getting off in town anyway but was wanting help for what to do next to get to the place. Showed him the bus to get on and told him to ask the bus driver to stop when its there. And he was really grateful for my help and shock my hand and huged me ah
    was when I was away but some old lady fell and I darted over to see if she was okay and help her up (there was about 20 other people in the café and not one other fucker offered to help) the staff didn't see it but saw me helping her up and asked what happened, then gave me a free coffee :)
    edited April 2020
    Bought the postie an Easter egg to say thank-you 😁💖 spread kindness like confetti 🎊

edited May 2020
    Giving this away for free on the app Olio (where people sell but can only be for free)
    Someones coming to pick it up soon

edited May 2020
    Now selling this on olio. It feels good to give things away for free and give it a new home :)

Post edited by Siena on
    Did some more kindness and sent a few More people things on their wishlists
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Got my dad a 'carnivorous plant' kit for his birthday. He loves weird pet projects like that, especially ones he can work on with his kids. Last year he got a pepper growing kit and loved it, hahah.

Not sure if a birthday present is considered kindness, but I forget them 90% of the time!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    It started raining so I grabbed the clothes in and started putting them on the maidens while mamm was shopping :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    SomePeople are sometimes too kind to me <3 
    Leaving out tea and coffee for my landlady when she's over 💕 small things make a big difference
    Treated myself to iPhone XR 😅
    Some People are too kind to me <3 esp on here 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Not at all @Shaunie it's the least you deserve with how kind and caring to everyone on here! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    My sister is running me a bath