Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Kindness

124»

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Bringing this back, a girl in my dorm is really struggling today with voices, me and my friend ordered milkshakes and got one for this girl as well, she cried she was so grateful 🥺🥺 she's now smiling and it's given her a bit of a distraction, it's the little things 🤗🤗 ALWAYS be kind. 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Aww @BubblesGoesBoo that sounds lovely of you, it really is the small things that can make our days! <3
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Brought some treats for some friends as a thank you for helping me through these lockdowns
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Emma_ said:
    Aww @BubblesGoesBoo that sounds lovely of you, it really is the small things that can make our days! <3

@Emma_ thankyou, not sure if you saw on the other thread but woke up a few days ago to find this on the end of my bed from her, and a wee note thanking me 🥺🥺

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    @BubblesGoesBoo aww that's lovely! <3

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Got some stuff on for someone on their Amazon wish list. (A user at The mix)

I love getting things for people

i think I should treat myself now but i don’t know what lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    The pharmacist was so lovely

She spoke to me in the consultation room. While I was crying lol. I told her how I go back to work tomorrow and thought I’d feel better for it but I don’t because everything will be going back to normal and face masks will not be a thing and I’m paranoid about my breath.

She said that everytime I collect my prescription on a Friday we can go into consultation room and talk and make a plan and she said she will do some research in how to help me

So kind
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    A few days ago I gave someone 70p cause I heard the toll person saying was 70p short so I gave the girl 70p. Normally don’t have change but actually did
    Pharmacist. Came to drop off my prescription after work
    x59rw60bga1j.jpeg
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Today, I helped an old lady reach a product at the very top shelf. Watching her smile made my day. :3
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Today I gave my carer the £10 and said I didn’t want the change
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    My neighbour ( a rangers fan) bought me a celtics football. Made me smile 😅
    @Dancer kindly gave me her Amazon £15 voucher <3. Literally so kind <3 made my day. Well more than my day to know I was even thought about. So lovely when place like the @TheMix spread so much love and kindness <3 thank you <3 teddy will also be thankful when I can buy him new yummy chews! And maybe a new toy!
    @Millie2787 sent me photos of Dottie and Louie. Made me smile when I woke up thank you <3
    Manager checked on me on Facebook message after I left work early yesterday. Eventho it’sa rules that staff don’t text managers
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    We were just talking about this thread today and thought it would be nice to get it going again.

Has anyone had any recent acts of kindness from anyone or something kind you've done for someone else?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A colleague of mine supported me when I hit rock bottom, she also brought my train ticket to visit my mum because it's what I needed at the time..
    I'm forever thankful for her kindness
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Managers at work are very very kind to me