Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New carer

13»

Comments

• Options
    lucyking200lucyking200 Deactivated Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Hi Lucy what’s been happening today and how are you ? 
     Pm please 
    It is better to talk on the boards on your thread as then everyone can reply. If you just pm one person then they might not be able to respond for a while so it is better to post on here so whoever is there first can help
    Ok I’m not doing well 
    What’s going on? What have you been up to 
    Stressed and not much just a walk 
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    What is making you stressed? 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    What is making you stressed? 
    Online learning 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
     Pm please 
    It is better to talk on the boards on your thread as then everyone can reply. If you just pm one person then they might not be able to respond for a while so it is better to post on here so whoever is there first can help
    Just dropping in to echo this. People can have supportive conversations privately if they like but, as a general rule, if you're having a boards discussion and you need some support in the moment, it's best to keep that public for the reasons @Jellyelephant mentioned. It's also important nobody feels obligated to support anyone in private because that can be quite a tough thing to do. :)

Also, these guys make a really good point that you shouldn't be left to look after someone with complex health and care needs at the age of 15. The situation you're describing does sound really concerning and not above board, so it's definitely worth contacting your support worker as early as you can to tell them what's happened and get this straightened out, because nobody should be left in this position. You could even contact Childline on 0800 1111 or speak to one of their counsellors over text here: https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/

Would really urge you to speak to somebody today if possible @lucyking200. :) Is that something you're able to do?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Mike said:
     Pm please 
    Just dropping in to echo this. People can have supportive conversations privately if they like but, as a general rule, if you're having a boards discussion and you need some support in the moment, it's best to keep that public for the reasons @Jellyelephant mentioned. It's also important nobody feels obligated to support anyone in private because that can be quite a tough thing to do. :)

Also, these guys make a really good point that you shouldn't be left to look after someone with complex health and care needs at the age of 15. The situation you're describing does sound really concerning and not above board, so it's definitely worth contacting your support worker as early as you can to tell them what's happened and get this straightened out, because nobody should be left in this position. You could even contact Childline on 0800 1111 or speak to one of their counsellors over text here: https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/

Would really urge you to speak to somebody today if possible @lucyking200. :) Is that something you're able to do?
    Ok thanks already have 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
    Aah yes, you did mention that @lucyking200 - my mistake. Think I got the order of posts mixed up!

Let us know how the emergency placement turns out and how things develop. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Aah yes, you did mention that @lucyking200 - my mistake. Think I got the order of posts mixed up!

Let us know how the emergency placement turns out and how things develop. :)
    Will do it’s ok at the moment can you pm me please  stuff I need to discuss 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hope things are going ok
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    Hope things are going ok
    They are yes 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Lucy :) 

Have social services manage to find you another emergency placement yet ? As we mentioned on your other thread remember if you don’t feel like your getting on with your new placement give your social worker a ring as they can look at finding you a more suitable placement.

im sorry to hear about your friends parents , cancer isn’t a nice thing to watch a loved one go through . I hope there getting done support to :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Hey Lucy :) 

Have social services manage to find you another emergency placement yet ? As we mentioned on your other thread remember if you don’t feel like your getting on with your new placement give your social worker a ring as they can look at finding you a more suitable placement.

im sorry to hear about your friends parents , cancer isn’t a nice thing to watch a loved one go through . I hope there getting done support to :) 
    Yep they found me one 
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    Are you with ur foster placement now then? How is it? Did they get someone to care for your friend? 

What course are you doing online? What is it about the course that is stressful to you because I have spent many years in education so perhaps I can help if I know what is difficult 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @lucyking200

I just wanted to pop on to send you hugs and let you know we are here for you :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Are you with ur foster placement now then? How is it? Did they get someone to care for your friend? 

What course are you doing online? What is it about the course that is stressful to you because I have spent many years in education so perhaps I can help if I know what is difficult 
    Yep I am  it’s fine and someone looking after my friend customer service and getting told not much detail 
  • Options
    Hey @lucyking200

I just wanted to pop on to send you hugs and let you know we are here for you :heart:
    Thanks 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,499 Skive's The Limit
    Here if want to speak more about things
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Here if want to speak more about things
    I’m ok  tonight had a long meeting with social worker and new family 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    How are you doing today?
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    How are you doing today?