Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New carer

Comments

• Options
    lucyking200lucyking200 Deactivated Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Liam said:
    Do you mind me asking who was taking care of her before tonight @lucyking200:)
    She had her parents but her parents aren’t well now 
    Oh that’s terrible she must be so stressed. Do both her parents have the same illness? Is it something that will improve or? X
    Yep cancer and nope 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Oh that’s terrible she must be so stressed. Do both her parents have the same illness? Is it something that will improve or? X
    They have cancer 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Hey. 

That does sount like a lot of responsiblity. But what about your foster family. Arent they helping ? Is it someone theyre fostering? How do you know her? Just thinking Maybe theres someone else would could support her too
    I left my foster family  and nope they aren’t and nope I know her as a friend 
    Oh no are you ok? What happened with your foster family? Do you have somewhere safe to stay??? 
    Not really just foster family decided  not to help anymore I’m staying with my friend 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    So where are you living now?  Sorry for questions just trying to understand more to better support you
    With friend 
    Oh no I think you should tell your social worker what is happening because they would not want you to leave care to stay with a friend and care for her. You should have someone who will look after you. This seems illegal I hope you will speak to social services or another adult who can help you 
    I will speak to  my support worker tomorrow when she is open
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Yep cancer and nope 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    They have cancer 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Hey. 

That does sount like a lot of responsiblity. But what about your foster family. Arent they helping ? Is it someone theyre fostering? How do you know her? Just thinking Maybe theres someone else would could support her too
    I left my foster family  and nope they aren’t and nope I know her as a friend 
    Oh no are you ok? What happened with your foster family? Do you have somewhere safe to stay??? 
    Not really just foster family decided  not to help anymore I’m staying with my friend 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    So where are you living now?  Sorry for questions just trying to understand more to better support you
    With friend 
    Oh no I think you should tell your social worker what is happening because they would not want you to leave care to stay with a friend and care for her. You should have someone who will look after you. This seems illegal I hope you will speak to social services or another adult who can help you 
    I will speak to  my support worker tomorrow when she is open
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Social workers have emergency contact details for things like this. Have you tired ring that?
    They normally have it for foster home breakdown in relationships and is 24/7 so the child isn't at risk of harm etc.
    Ideally they would move you to an emergency placement and if you told them about your friend they can help
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You should contact them now tbh.. I don't feel it safe to be caring for someone with such complex needs..alone..
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    I hope your social worker can help tomorrow so let us know what happens so we can make sure ur alright 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    I think you need help
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I have and they are going to find me a emergency placement   And they also said if I want to stay with my  friend I can but  they will get another adult to help 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    Blimey, both of them have cancer on top of having a child with complex needs? Also, which type of cancer do they have? And what's the severity? 

How on earth have you managed to relocate without the involvement of the social services despite you still being under their care? They are responsible for your welfare because you're still a child. It's neglectful to allow a child into a position where they are carers, let alone move on their own will. i'm baffled.

The parents should be eligible for carers, whether it be nurses or HCA's to help with the child. Hun I personally don't think that this is okay. You've just lost 3 significant family members, it's a lot to take on. I was a mess when my dad died. I commend you for trying to help but this doesn't sound healthy at all ♥️

Quick question, why are they going to find you an emergency placement if they said you can stay? 😅

Post edited by Salix_alba_2019 on
  • Options
    You need proper help I think. Its a bit hard for us to help you.  We dont know your situation very well it sounds confusing but maybe you need counselling ? Have you thought about counselling where you can be open and honest about things going on right now and your thoughts?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    You need proper help I think. Its a bit hard for us to help you.  We dont know your situation very well it sounds confusing but maybe you need counselling ? Have you thought about counselling where you can be open and honest about things going on right now and your thoughts?
    Nope I can get support here I’m  safe 
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    I think what @Shaunie and others meant @lucyking200 is that, the most any user on here can give is emotional support- and whilst that can be great, what may be best for you is some long-term 'proper' counselling as well as some practical support :)

What support did you say you were getting?- do you feel like you're getting enough?

And how are you finding things today?
    Yep I  had some counselling but it’s finished and have help from social worker and finding things better  today 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I think you might need more counselling. Do you? hope it is okay for me to say but you dont seem to be showing much upset for the lose of your family. I know everyone handles things differently some like to occupy their time but three people at the same time must be over whelming and you should feel those emotions. I personally dont think its healthy to bottle it up. Here if wanna talk more about it
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I think you might need more counselling. Do you? hope it is okay for me to say but you dont seem to be showing much upset for the lose of your family. I know everyone handles things differently some like to occupy their time but three people at the same time must be over whelming and you should feel those emotions. I personally dont think its healthy to bottle it up. Here if wanna talk more about it
    Yes  I do I  Will try and get more counselling  I am not doing good keep crying and crying  can you pm me??
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Yes  I do I  Will try and get more counselling  I am not doing good keep crying and crying  can you pm me??
    Im sorry. I have work in about half an hour so cant really pm. But people here are here to listen
  • Options
    Maybe you can tell us a bit more about your thoughts and feelings? Sometimes it helps to tell someone
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Shaunie said:
    Im sorry. I have work in about half an hour so cant really pm. But people here are here to listen
    Ok no worries 
  • Options
    Maybe you can tell us a bit more about your thoughts and feelings? Sometimes it helps to tell someone
    Ok yes so I keep crying and crying I also hear voices that tell me to kill myself or self harm 
  • Options
    I was just thinking that your friends medical team could access help for her. They could arrange carers for her as you shouldn’t be doing that 
  • Options
    I was just thinking that your friends medical team could access help for her. They could arrange carers for her as you shouldn’t be doing that 
    Ok yep 
  • Options
    Hi Lucy what’s been happening today and how are you ? 
  • Options
     Pm please 
  • Options
     Pm please 
    It is better to talk on the boards on your thread as then everyone can reply. If you just pm one person then they might not be able to respond for a while so it is better to post on here so whoever is there first can help
  • Options
     Pm please 
    It is better to talk on the boards on your thread as then everyone can reply. If you just pm one person then they might not be able to respond for a while so it is better to post on here so whoever is there first can help
    Ok I’m not doing well 
  • Options
     Pm please 
    Ok I’m not doing well 
    What’s going on? What have you been up to