Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you looking forward to doing when this is over?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Anything, small or big. :)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    watching & playing football 😄
  • EliEli Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    going to house parties
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    Going to somewhere remote and climbing a mountain. Bouldering! I'd just started, and was really getting into it. 
  • Gemma1Gemma1 Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Looking forwards to getting a haircut and being able to go to my friends house and celebrate all the missed birthdays and events. 
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I’d like a costa coffee haha 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    I can't wait to finally get my eyebrows waxed and tinted - after almost two months they're approaching werewolf territory 😅
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    To go to Cornwall/ Devon and London to see family and friends
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    A wee trip to Aberdeen 😍
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    1. Volunteering
    2. The performing arts thing opening again
    3. Gymnastics
    4. Trampolining
    5. Ice Skating
    6. Seeing my friends 
    7. Going back to a normal timetable at school 
    8. Not hearing the words "2 metres" every 5 seconds.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    edited May 2020
    Oh and watching Strictly Come Dancing

Seeing one of my teachers run the London marathon (she signed up to raise money for a hospital that is close to my heart.)

When I am at school I won't have to just fill up my water bottle at the outdoor water fountain where the water is a bit gross or having to sneak off to the upstairs female toilets.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 616 Incredible Poster
    Going to the beach and cinema with my family.
    Going shopping with my friend.
    Day trips or just spending time outside with family and friends.
    Checking out the library.
    Hoping to volunteer at a dog shelter.
    Hugs with a close friend.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    Having a Starbucks, Go back to college (never thought I'd say that) Long drives with the music on, going out for food and the cinema and getting my eyebrows threaded lol  
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    I'm also looking forwards to getting a costa coffee when they reopen, it's also in walking distance which is fab
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    getting a big cuddle of my nephew, he went through something pretty traumatic last week and I just want to see him but cant :(
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Connor said:
    I'm also looking forwards to getting a costa coffee when they reopen, it's also in walking distance which is fab

I'm with you on this one.
    I do have a Nespresso machine at home but it's nice to switch it up with a costa every now and again
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    K F C !!!!!!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    I got costa today :) I hope the ones near you all open soon too 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    See all my friends again and get hugs! I really miss hugs 

There was nothing a good hug from my besty or grandad could solve :) 

I really look forward to seeing my partner again it's been such a long time I haven't seen them since Valentine's that will be great!

Simple things, bus rides, going swimming, I was meant to go to our theme park before this I look forward to that!
    Costa coffee

But most importantly I just miss the ability to go get a coffee if I wanted or go where I wanted 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    That sounds nice @Eyepatch ! The one by me isn't open yet, but I had an email from Costa saying they're opening up the stores slowly. I'm eagerly waiting for when the one near me opens!
    My work is hoping to go back to almost normal soon, we have still been open and I’ve been working, but it will be a nice change of pace even if it’s stressful at first. Plus if everyone else comes back I can hopefully stop doing three jobs all at once everyday.  
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @BenMa I agree with you, and I don't think it's cheesy! Lockdown could be wasted in so many ways by wasting away in front of the TV or being unproductive but I too have chosen to use the time to work on myself. I respect the people who take time to work on themselves as it's probably one of the hardest things to do! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’m looking forward to being able to travel to England to see my partner mostly I’d say. We haven’t seen each other since valentines either.

I’m also sort of looking forward to being able to go to cafes and restaurants again and of course to doing indoor sports again.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    I'm looking forward to eating in restaurants again, going to the spa and getting a job! I've tried to be as productive as I feel able to be during lockdown, so hopefully I'll be putting some new skills to use and continuing with new hobbies as well. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Sex
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Gymnastics
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family (especially my grandma who has been shielding) but also I can't wait until I never have to hear the phrases "social distancing" "unprecedented times" and "flatten the curve" again :lol:  
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I just want to hug my family. My nana and grandad are shielding due to my Nana’s cancer... and I have seen my nephews from a distance but I miss being able to play with them and hug them! Feeling a bit tearful thinking about being able to hug them lol! It will be such a good moment  
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    I just can’t wait to be able dance in a studio again, on decent floors, with room to leap, with a barre and enough ceiling height :lol: Just you wait I’ll be using ever inch of that studio when I’m back aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Being near people.

Didn't think I was so Peoplely till this social distancing stuff.

Avoiding everyone is hard especially around here everyone knows each other 😂 

Just want to not feel like a criminal that everyone has to avoid lol

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld