Home Coronavirus/COVID-19
Fill out The Mix's Annual User Survey for a chance to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!
Need support urgently? Click here

What are you looking forward to doing when this is over?

MikeMike Screen addict 🎮LondonPosts: 2,690 Community Manager
Anything, small or big. :)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• LiamLiam mint Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    watching & playing football 😄
  • EliEli Posts: 7 Newbie
    going to house parties
    BubblesGoesBoo
  • ToniToni Posts: 35 The Mix Staff
    Going to somewhere remote and climbing a mountain. Bouldering! I'd just started, and was really getting into it. 
  • GemmaGemma Posts: 103 Moderator
    Looking forwards to getting a haircut and being able to go to my friends house and celebrate all the missed birthdays and events. 
  • EyepatchEyepatch Fast Newbie Posts: 528 Incredible Poster
    I’d like a costa coffee haha 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Connor
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,279 Boards Champion
    I want our sausage roll place to still be in business, and obviously I want some sausage rolls :love:

I'm gonna take the dogs for nice long walks along the river and in the woods, I'm gonna go into town and have a hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream, and I'm going to go shopping without my asbestos protection :joy:  
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 440 Moderator
    I can't wait to finally get my eyebrows waxed and tinted - after almost two months they're approaching werewolf territory 😅
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 6,978 Master Poster
    To go to Cornwall/ Devon and London to see family and friends

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,530 Community Veteran
    A wee trip to Aberdeen 😍
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 This Is Me! ❤👅👌🤓💃🎤 South EastPosts: 3,813 Community Veteran
    1. Volunteering
    2. The performing arts thing opening again
    3. Gymnastics
    4. Trampolining
    5. Ice Skating
    6. Seeing my friends 
    7. Going back to a normal timetable at school 
    8. Not hearing the words "2 metres" every 5 seconds.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
    edited May 8
    Oh and watching Strictly Come Dancing

Seeing one of my teachers run the London marathon (she signed up to raise money for a hospital that is close to my heart.)

When I am at school I won't have to just fill up my water bottle at the outdoor water fountain where the water is a bit gross or having to sneak off to the upstairs female toilets.
    Everyone is special in their own way. We make each other strong (we make each other strong.) We're not the same. We're different in a good way. Together's where we belong. We're all in this together. Once we know. That we are. We're all stars. And we see that. We're all in this together. And it shows. When we stand. Hand in hand. Make our dreams come true.
  • MaisyMaisy The Mix convert CymruPosts: 282 Moderator
    Going to the beach and cinema with my family.
    Going shopping with my friend.
    Day trips or just spending time outside with family and friends.
    Checking out the library.
    Hoping to volunteer at a dog shelter.
    Hugs with a close friend.
  • DistractionDistraction Noob Posts: 211 Boards Initiate
    Having a Starbucks, Go back to college (never thought I'd say that) Long drives with the music on, going out for food and the cinema and getting my eyebrows threaded lol  
  • ConnorConnor Posts: 195 Community Manager
    I'm also looking forwards to getting a costa coffee when they reopen, it's also in walking distance which is fab
    Eyepatch
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 3,530 Community Veteran
    getting a big cuddle of my nephew, he went through something pretty traumatic last week and I just want to see him but cant :(
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea ☕🌻☕ MidlandsPosts: 6,978 Master Poster
    Connor said:
    I'm also looking forwards to getting a costa coffee when they reopen, it's also in walking distance which is fab

I'm with you on this one.
    I do have a Nespresso machine at home but it's nice to switch it up with a costa every now and again

The scars you can't see are the hardest to heal.     

Astrid Alauda

Connor
  • Lucy307Lucy307 UKPosts: 786 Part of The Mix Family
    K F C !!!!!!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    independent_chubbydumpling
    I got costa today :) I hope the ones near you all open soon too 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Jade09Connor
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,215 Boards Champion
    See all my friends again and get hugs! I really miss hugs 

There was nothing a good hug from my besty or grandad could solve :) 

I really look forward to seeing my partner again it's been such a long time I haven't seen them since Valentine's that will be great!

Simple things, bus rides, going swimming, I was meant to go to our theme park before this I look forward to that!
    Costa coffee

But most importantly I just miss the ability to go get a coffee if I wanted or go where I wanted 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
    Jade09
  • ConnorConnor Posts: 195 Community Manager
    That sounds nice @Eyepatch ! The one by me isn't open yet, but I had an email from Costa saying they're opening up the stores slowly. I'm eagerly waiting for when the one near me opens!
    Laine
    My work is hoping to go back to almost normal soon, we have still been open and I’ve been working, but it will be a nice change of pace even if it’s stressful at first. Plus if everyone else comes back I can hopefully stop doing three jobs all at once everyday.  
    Jade09Laine
  • BenMaBenMa Posts: 39 Boards Initiate
    I'm looking forward to change - a changed me.
    I've spent a lot of lockdown in reflection and putting myself forward for a number of opportunities. I'm looking forward to everything returning to a new "normal" so that I can continue to be the best version of me  :3:p

It sounds cheesy, but I just want to start getting everything back on track from friendships to life experience. And most importantly, holding the ones I love most, close.
    Children, after all, are not just adults-in-the-making. They are people whose current needs and rights and experiences must be taken seriously. – Alfie Kohn
    EyepatchEleanorMikechubbydumplingLaine
  • EleanorEleanor Living the Zen life 🧘🏼‍♀️ Posts: 792 Part of The Mix Family
    @BenMa I agree with you, and I don't think it's cheesy! Lockdown could be wasted in so many ways by wasting away in front of the TV or being unproductive but I too have chosen to use the time to work on myself. I respect the people who take time to work on themselves as it's probably one of the hardest things to do! 
    Alis propriis volat 
    BenMaLaine
  • independent_independent_ Resident Coffee Addict ScotlandPosts: 3,912 Community Veteran
    I’m looking forward to being able to travel to England to see my partner mostly I’d say. We haven’t seen each other since valentines either.

I’m also sort of looking forward to being able to go to cafes and restaurants again and of course to doing indoor sports again.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Laine
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 440 Moderator
    I'm looking forward to eating in restaurants again, going to the spa and getting a job! I've tried to be as productive as I feel able to be during lockdown, so hopefully I'll be putting some new skills to use and continuing with new hobbies as well. 
    Laine
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 10,061 An Original Mixlorian
    Sex
    if you have the strength to sustain anorexia you have the strength to overcome it
    Laine
    Gymnastics
    Laine
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 226 Moderator
    I'm looking forward to seeing friends and family (especially my grandma who has been shielding) but also I can't wait until I never have to hear the phrases "social distancing" "unprecedented times" and "flatten the curve" again :lol:  
    Kasa2103StarlightLaineEGM
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Bpd bitch ✌🏼 Posts: 790 Part of The Mix Family
    I just want to hug my family. My nana and grandad are shielding due to my Nana’s cancer... and I have seen my nephews from a distance but I miss being able to play with them and hug them! Feeling a bit tearful thinking about being able to hug them lol! It will be such a good moment  
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Laine
  • StarlightStarlight 💃danceaholic🩰 Posts: 1,271 Wise Owl
    I just can’t wait to be able dance in a studio again, on decent floors, with room to leap, with a barre and enough ceiling height :lol: Just you wait I’ll be using ever inch of that studio when I’m back aha
    There’s a million things I haven’t done, but just you wait!

* Shine like the star you are! *
    Laine