Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's the most 'worth it' thing you've ever bought?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
edited May 2020 in General Chat
What's the most 'worth it' thing you've ever bought?

It can be cheap or expensive; big or small. I'm talking about something that has really given you good value for money. Maybe it's lasted well or it's just so damn useful you can't imagine your life without it.

For me, I think it might be my noise-cancelling headphones. I won't lie, they were quite pricey, but the quality of life improvement while working and travelling has been worth it a million times over. The thought of not having them now actually makes me a bit anxious, which probably says how much I lean on them.

Interested to know what your most 'worth it' investment has been. :)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My oil diffuser. It lives on my bedside table. Absolutely blessing. 
    Lavander oil in the diffusior is really really relaxing.. it really helps with my anxiety
    Right now I have tea tree oil on the go because I have a stuffy nose and it's helping clear my nose!! 

Honestly my favourite purchase. Had it for a month and a bit now (I think). I use it almost daily! Different oils have different benefits and I just love how fresh my room smells with them!!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2020
    Cause of anxiety i sweat a lot. So i buy driclor. Its the only deodrant where i dont sweat as much 😂. Its like 6-9 pounds depending when or where get it.  But it is worth it for atleast one embarrassing problem sorted. It burns every time i put it on at night thought. Like burns and itches my armpits so much that so painful and agitated. But i would pay like £20 if i had to just because for piece of mind it is good. 

Also changing my bed to a metal frame instead so i can put stoage undeath it now! My room is so much tidier now. 

Also probably other things that i don’t know/remeber right now 

Omggg also teddy of corse. I don’t know how i coped without him. If dont kill myself will always have a dog in my life. 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited May 2020
    Green tea. I love my oil diffuser too. I put random stuff in not oils lol. I like the smoke look. Because im scared cause of teddy if something pisions him. 

I have easential oils though that friend gave me when said i was going to get one for myself. They all say not to use around dogs so im too scared. I know can like put it in the bath and all but im still scared incase teddy smells it. Still have them in the box

can send them in the post to you if you want? For free ofc. But ive never sent anything to anyone in the post so might need help ah. Dont have to ofc cause of adress and stuff. But idm

I

Post edited by Siena on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited May 2020
    Or not Which is fine cause of adress. :) if anyone else wants it ill send it to you for free and delete your address striaght after :). I know essential oils are good for your mental health & i ain't gunna use it m
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Probably my iPad I was debating buying one for ages but I saved up and decided to. I was so glad I did it’s so useful for uni and making notes and stuff. But it’s also good for other things it has a pencil with it so I can colour and draw which I like. It was so helpful in my open book exams recently as I had made all my notes on I could really quickly look through them and search for a specific word in them. I use it for so much stuff, I find it really useful. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Label marker. Ironically I hate labels on products so I take them off everything I have and then I end up forgetting what is what. And now I label everything and it looks so uniform and I love it 😂
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    My nintendo switch lite :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Condoms
    Weekender Offender 
    Or my first Ecstasy pill. 
    Weekender Offender 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hands up who saw @Skive as the latest commenter on this thread and thought 'it's going to be drugs related' :lol: Top notch consistency with the brand :+1:

Hard agree on the noise cancelling headphones @Mike - after years of enviously watching you enjoy yours, I took the plunge when I could no longer tape my old headphones back up and haven't looked back. 

FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Ed_ said:
    Hands up who saw @Skive as the latest commenter on this thread and thought 'it's going to be drugs related' :lol: Top notch consistency with the brand :+1:

Hard agree on the noise cancelling headphones @Mike - after years of enviously watching you enjoy yours, I took the plunge when I could no longer tape my old headphones back up and haven't looked back. 

Yeah I guessed it would be drugs.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Skive said:
    Or my first Ecstasy pill. 
    *sighs* Nearly every comment of yours is something about drugs or a swear word.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Skive said:
    Condoms
    At least you are using protection! 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Skive said:
    Condoms
    Not anymore. :)

But in the past I have. When you compare the cost of a condom with the possible cost of not wearing one, they're extremely good value. :)

As for the drug comment. Yes, I'm pretty predictable, but the truth is it really was a life changing experience, and I tend to value experiences more than possessions. 
    Weekender Offender 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I like that you value experience more @Skive
    edited May 2020
    Skive said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Skive said:
    Condoms

But in the past I have. When you compare the cost of a condom with the possible cost of not wearing one, they're extremely good value. :)

As for the drug comment. Yes, I'm pretty predictable, but the truth is it really was a life changing experience, and I tend to value experiences more than possessions. 
    huh I'm confused .You just said is most worth it thing? but now youre you saying you'd rather them have an abortion than pay for condoms??????? Hope I'm reading it wrong
  • CalebCaleb Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    @Shaunie paying for and using condoms is cheaper than risking not using protection and having to then pay for a child therefore, they are (or were) good value for money.

For me, it would be my dog. £250 off of Facebook and has been my best friend for 5 long years and for many more years to come. 
    Shaunie said:
    Skive said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Skive said:
    Condoms

huh I'm confused .You just said is most worth it thing? but now youre you saying you'd rather them have an abortion than pay for condoms??????? Hope I'm reading it wrong

I’m happily married with kids now, so other options are now available. :)
    Weekender Offender 
    Ooh i see. Sorry!
  • tkdogtkdog Posts: 281 The Mix Regular
    I bought a nice drawing tablet recently, its really good. The hope is I continue to use it haha but ive done some art so far
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    If I had to pick one thing, I’d say my AirPods - they’re again a bit pricey for what they are but they’re so worth it! Means I can walk around my room while on a phone call or listening to music and not be tied to a wired set of earphones all the time. My phone also doesn’t have a headphone jack so I kinda needed to get something with bluetooth haha. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Ooh definitely have to say my Nintendo Switch! I spent a long time umming and ahhing over whether or not I should get one but once I finally cracked I never regretted it. :D

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I am loving this thread, some such good ideas! 

I would say my yoga mat. Seems strange, but I bought a yoga mat and started getting into yoga, and it has honestly changed my life/well-being in so many ways! 
  • Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Mine 100% has to be my nintendo switch, I was taking a risk in the investment as I wasn't sure if I would get enough use out of it, but I play it all the time! and its so fun so deffo worth it.  :)
  • BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Probably my desktop computer, which I use daily for many hours at a time!
    It's given me access to a number of opportunities and I've made lots of friends online!
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    🤔 
    Of things that have lasted the longest it would be my Xbox one but I didn't really buy it so I onto things I did buy 😂

Every coach ticket to see my partner.

My phone because it's honestly most important to me.

And a Nintendo switch! 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Unfortunately not Aidan all I ask is that they upgrade my animal crossing island to 3 stars!! 🤬😂 X

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    @Aidan said:
    Did nintendo pay you guys to make this thread? :joy:
    Your cheques are in the post, Switch users. ;)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Laine said:
    Unfortunately not Aidan all I ask is that they upgrade my animal crossing island to 3 stars!! 🤬😂 X
    haha you'll get there. I've been stuck on 3 stars for so long now... 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    My new phone.