Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you think about coffee?

MiaMia Posts: 26 Boards Initiate

What do you think about coffee? 33 votes

I love it , I drink it and I think it's beneficial
48%
SkiveBubblesGoesBooindependent_MaisyGreenTeaItaliamags98JordanSalix_alba_2019ToniConnormonkeyboy1_Tech_Addict_Girlrainskyebethjayne666jujux123 16 votes
I think it's beneficial but I don't drink it
6%
ElizabethPast User 2 votes
I drink it even though I think it's risks outweigh the pros
15%
DistractionLaineDurhamjaidenatalie_bren0420 5 votes
I don't drink it and I don't think it's good
30%
JustVPast UserDancerZenDandelionPast UserbreadedbaseSciFi_456TheUndesirablelovemimoon 10 votes
I wish I could drink it - a health condition prevents me from being able to do so
0%

Comments

• MiaMia Posts: 26 Boards Initiate
    Another option could be - I am too young to drink it! Comment if that's your answer 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2020
    Not a fan, personally. Don't like the taste and I've felt better since I dumped other forms of caffeine. :)

Edit: I don't think coffee or caffeine is universally bad, but for me I was pretty addicted to it in the form of Coke (cola) and it really didn't do me or my ADHD brain any favours!
    Post edited by JustV on
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I have a coffee machine and I love it. Coffee keeps me going for a little longer when I'm busy.
    I also have another caffeine product that just well one cup of it wakes me up for the day 😂
  • JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    edited May 2020
    I think that it's dependant on how it effects you. I know some people who get super nervous/jittery after coffee so don't drink it.

Like @Mike I use to drink a lot of cola but cut that out in an effort to be healthier. For me, however, the sugar was the reason I cut it out not the caffeine. I still drink coffee occasionally as it gets me in the "mindset" to work; although I know that's entirely psychological!

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I personally can’t drink it because it makes me feel so anxious. I understand why people drink it though for whatever reason the choose to. I used to quite like the taste of Mochas, before I realised that drinking it was making me feel ill lol 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Dandelion said:
    I personally can’t drink it because it makes me feel so anxious. I understand why people drink it though for whatever reason the choose to. I used to quite like the taste of Mochas, before I realised that drinking it was making me feel ill lol 

Have you tried making your own with caffeine free coffee?
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I drink it though i know it is not good for my anxiety, gets the heart pounding! i also take sugar where in tea i don't so its more unhealthy in that way.
    I have one cup in the morning though :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • mimimimi Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    I just drink it because it tastes nice, not for any benefits
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    GreenTea said:
    Dandelion said:

Have you tried making your own with caffeine free coffee?
    I haven’t actually that might be worth a shot, I normally just drink hot chocolate. 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • ToniToni Deactivated Posts: 67 Boards Initiate
    edited May 2020
    I love coffee, and tea. I have about two of each a day, which is a bit too much. I drink it because it tastes nice, like Mimi, and not because of the 'benefits'. The only time I would drink coffee for its 'benefits' would be before a game (I used to play roller derby), as there are a few studies suggesting coffee before sport is beneficial for arousal levels. Also it was a nice pre-game ritual to get me in the right headspace. 

Similarly to some others, I used to be addicted to Coca Cola and I drank looooaaads, but since moving to London about 5 years ago I've not drank a single drop (it started as how long could I go).
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    One word: yuck! It stinks.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I LOVE coffee, like obsessed with it, and clearly those who don't like it haven't tried beanies flavoured coffee haha, like the chocolate mint one is lush :heart:   I don't think it's good for your health though, with my meds they make me sensitive to caffeine, and it plays havoc on the liver (not just coffee, drinking chocolate is worse), also just found out I have kidney stones so that's always fun. mind you I drink about 11 cups a day, but even decaff coffee messes with your body as it's not the caffeine but another ingredient in the coffee that I've forgotten the name of.... basically my Dr said 2-3 cups a day the body can cope with, but anything over that can mess up your body.... :heart:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    I do like coffee as well! It gives me a little kickstart in energy, and for me it feels better than the energy drink alternatives I drank when younger. Luckily I can keep to 1-2 cups a day pretty well, as if I drink anymore than that i'm likely to start getting restless :persevere:
    Aidan said:
    I just don't like the taste of coffee or tea, I'm not sure I'm British anymore :joy:

I agree with you on tea.
    Tea is gross lol
  • breadedbasebreadedbase Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    I personally don't like the taste and I feel some people get too dependant on it drinking it everyday and such. I do sometimes have energy drinks to get through work that you have to sink many hours into tho
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Without caffeinated coffee I get sleepy Nd  moody. If ur gonna drink decaff mite as well drink water
    Crazy mad insane
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Love a good cup of coffee.

I drink a lot of it. Between 2 and 5 cups a day (bad I know). It does absolutely nothing for me in terms of energy but I just like the flavour.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    I love coffee, like lots of you I need to drink it in moderation though - otherwise I start talking super fast. I'm also a pretty harsh judge of bad coffee - I have no time for bad coffee, but lots of time for pretty coffee cups  :3

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    I love it and drink it but don't think it's beneficial. I've always had tea and coffee on a daily basis growing up so it's all I've ever known. I've never thought about it being beneficial and it's only in the last few years that I've read a little bit about the risks. I just thought it was a drink, that's all :p
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    I like coffee :)
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Mia said:
    Another option could be - I am too young to drink it! Comment if that's your answer 
    Thats me
    And me!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    I drank coffee from an embarrassingly young age.

Although, I’ve actually cut down significantly since I last posted in this thread lol.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I love coffee. Drink it by the bucket load. 
    As stimulants go though it’s pretty lightweight. Same as nicotine.
    Weekender Offender 
    @Kasa2103 I want to try it though
    Coffee smells absolutely awful!
  • natalie_bnatalie_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Although I don't think caffeine is good in large doses, I love coffee and can't help myself. I probably have 2-3 a day... naughty me! :#
  • TheUndesirableTheUndesirable Posts: 15 Settling in
    I only like coffee milk.
    Shyness is a disability. Make peace with it.
    Every time I see this thread I really really want a coffee lol (i can’t wait for my coffee tomorrow morning)