Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

COVID-19 hugs/ranty thread.

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
thought i'd make a separate hugs/ranty thread for COVID-19 as I know some people don't want to hear about it on the main thread .. rant/hug away! <3
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    12 week isolation for us with asthma. Fucking kill me now
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    cause of coronavirus the gig I was going to is cancelled :cry: anyone want a trip to Glasgow? no point in me going now....
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I worry now schools have been closed till further notice ... I’ve lost the one thing of stability in my life , I’ve lost the one place I felt safe and I worry what’s going to happen with my exams :( everything’s changing too quickly and not sure I can cope 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    So happy schools are closed because I can now protect myself better from getting the virus and I'm happy kids will be safe too. However, I'm really not looking forward to changes in my day and isolation
    I worry now schools have been closed till further notice ... I’ve lost the one thing of stability in my life , I’ve lost the one place I felt safe and I worry what’s going to happen with my exams :( everything’s changing too quickly and not sure I can cope 
    I'm feeling the same, sending hugs! 💖
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’m not even in self-isolation and I already feel lonely lol, I hate social distancing already. I rely on routine and interracting with people to not go insane so idk how I will do this thing lol. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    I hate that politicians just spread nonsense. And people are so stupid.

Also people that don't take it seriously make me shake my head
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
    my manager is now debating whether I can go back to work tomorrow now or not cause I still have a cough :cry:
  • HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    I can't deal with people at school everyone annoys me even my friends but I can't stand the feeling of being in isolation before it's even started. Still got two days of school left. 
    my manager is now debating whether I can go back to work tomorrow now or not cause I still have a cough :cry:
    I'm allowed back to work! 😁
    Been sanitising my hands every 10 minutes since 9am,plus washing them, they are raw and burning! 
    My exams been cancelled 😥😥
    Only been out of a college routine for less than 4 hours and I hate it :( I need my routine back 😔
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    edited March 2020
    Tired of seeing how education staff are being treated and how kids are ranting about not being in school. 
    Sorry but our health matters too.

Not aimed at anyone. just my social meida is full of people slagging education staff off
    sick of seeing teachers complain about there being no school/college, your getting a longer holiday! think of all the students who are getting messed around with their exams, like its fucking stressful enough as it is! (no one on here)
    I’ve lost my colouring book and pens and it’s the only thing that helps to keep my anxiety settled when things are hard ffsss 😩
    This may be controversial but I hate when the same teachers who basically told me I was useless if I didn’t do well in my exams post on social media saying how exams don’t define you. Well when I was taking them in your classes they sure as hell did fucking define everything about you and your worth!!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @independent_ I also have many teachers that are being contradicting. Another reason I'm pausing my education. I can't be nice anymore
    @ThePigeons the way I was spoken to (both as an individual and how they spoke to us as a group) was one of the main reasons why I left school as soon as I could when I was 16. I hated being no more than a number. College is much much better.
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hugs to everyone in these trying times, especially those of you who have had exams and important events cancelled <3 

Stay strong everybody x
    How do you avoid people in quarantine. I can't stand people
    I'm so mad at people
    They don't think ahead
    They just wait and see what happens
    The government just needs to shut everything down so people will listen
    Social distancing is going well..the river walk is rammed with families and couples, the bustiest I've seen it in the 5 years I've lived here.

Stay the fuck at home people. 
    Working from home is stressing me out so much. My internet can not handle 4 of us working on it from home. It keeps cutting out meaning I have to go back and started the section again. I'm getting so so frustrated
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Don't really know how i'm gonna go on in the long term 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited March 2020
    How on earth did the government get my number? I got a text whilst I was studying earlier (still going to school- we did some stuff about motivation, did some exercise, did some real life maths problems, studied and did some art. We even had some time to do Kahoot.)
    Post edited by Dancer on
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Sounds fun kasa! 

The gov have been sending out texts to everyone, so they probably got your number by a big log system of all the numbers in the uk :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Oh. Thanks. Bit creepy though. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    The government sent messages to phone companies, to then pass out the message to the country. Phone companies store phone numbers as part of their data thing. So like with three they have my number to tell me when my bill is etc. So they just passed on the government message. It didn't come from the actual government
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Just dropped by to give hugs to all of you  <3 very uncertain time we're in but we will get through it together.
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend