Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    My friends, was looking for a lift up to my dad's Christmas as no buses.. wasn't going to ask my 2 best friends as they've both had kids this year and thought they would want a quiet first Christmas, well they've both offered to drive me and mam up, despite it being a 100 mile round trip 😊 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    My manager, was feeling sick and headlight after not sleeping last night.. So she sent me home to nap and go back in later 😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Sleep. Had one of my daily naps so far 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited January 2020
    Cute animals
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,785 Master Poster
    My teachers (especially computing, history, science and textiles.)
    My mentor
    My mum who does not moan at me for not wanting to eat.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Being free 👌 came up on my time hop that I lasted 3 days in society before getting re-sectioned.. Bitch its now been over a year since my last psychiatric admission 💃💃 with thanks to my current psychiatrist who probably should of sectioned me on a few occasions but knows it isn't helpful ✌️😂
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2020
    My skin finally starting to clear up :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    I have a bit of a sore back and my cat is massaging it with her paws for some reason. It is wonderful and cute
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Mike said:
    My skin finally starting to clear up :)
    @Mike sameee butThen t aken me ages to realise you should stay with the exact same product s you put on your face. And to not lean my face on my hands. And I've finally stopped doing shaving so now have no rashes. (On legs ofc)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Mumma brought me these fluffy pjs and I love the saying on then 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm grateful to be living in a house full of lovely animals that give me cuddles whenever I'm feeling down. Pet therapy is the best!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    The student support team at my school.
  • Options
    My Dr at the hospital, while we were waiting for my bloods to come back we had a chat about my mental health (seen him numerous times before for mental health) and I told him about the death threats and straight away he asked for my permission to phone the police 👌
  • Options
    Childline 
  • Options
    Posted something about the trauma on social media as its sexual abuse and sexual violence awareness week starting tomorrow and all the lovely messages of support I've received are overwhelming 😭 currently sat at work crying (again) but this time it's not sad tears 😂
  • Options
    . My friends have been so amazing recently lots of lovely support, so many I haven't been able to get through all the messages yet. I've been very open about the past couple months and how bad it's been mentally and people have been so accepting and supportive and giving me time and arranging to meet with me so I'm not on my own. I'm so greatful for these people around me..
    I'm excited to meet a group of these friends in London over half term so I can buy them all something to show how greatful I am of how much they have helped me the past couple months
  • Options
    I'm also greatful for Sainsbury's stocking chocolate oatly milk again. 👌 
  • Options
    My cats.
    The Ambulance Service.
    The hospital.
  • Options
    It's sunny. Still cold tho
  • Options
    Security in boots opening the door for me. Clearly he can tell by my glum looking face that I'm feeling moody 😂
  • Options
    My sister sent me a nice message saying she is proud of me
  • Options
    My boyfriend, having a shit couple of days and he turns up on my doorstep with this 🤗😍

• Options
    Yesterday I was grateful for the substitute teacher I had, my student support officer and the school counsellor.

Today I am grateful for everyone at gymnastics. 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    I'm grateful for having a comfortable house to be inside when the weather is this rubbish!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    A LSA said to me during the week they was so proud of how far I’ve come since September in terms of how I’m managing things and how much more confident I’ve become .... I’ve been working on trying to be abit more confident but never realised how far I had actually come 🥺
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    I'm grateful to be in a job I love, and that I'm still able to do my volunteering in between :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    For my mentor who makes me laugh even when I feel really low.
  • Options
    My fav paramedic (she's seen me in and out of hospital for the last 6 years) 😁 I was outside the hospital having a full blown panic attack about the thought of walking into the building and she saw me, came over and calmed me down enough to go in 😁
  • Options
    Toilet roll lol
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Disney plus :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"