Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,785 Master Poster
    My gymnastics coach. She never fails to make me laugh and she is very encouraging. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Those who support me when others don't. Those who stand up to hurtful people when they knock me down
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Online support
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Grateful of funny romantic movies and bubble baths 🥰
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    Great colleagues :3
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    V.I.P poo i mean grateful for my sister using it ofc ;)

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Nice people
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    my supervisor letting me leave work early :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A friendship group I lost touch with. Back together again and they are really cheering me up on a group video call. Missed these times and I'm grateful to of re connected
  • Options
    Tedddyyyyy <3 i just want to squash him alllll the time
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    My new discovery (and recent obsession) of coconut milk hot chocolate. Tastes like a Bounty, but in a really good way.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    For  all the hospital  staff who are looking after my sister right now 💕
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    The sound of the rain outside while I'm wrapped up nice and warm inside. :blush: Even the littlest things can help immensely!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    My cat coming to snuggle with me while I slog through uni work <3
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    It's deep so it's under spoiler just in case.
    I'd definitely be dead if it weren't for all the small things. You may not realise it, but if you're reading this and you've spoken to me before, you've likely given me a little tiny bit of light on my darkest days. Then there's the people I've never met, like the bands I love or the inventor of a relatable meme or the person who was strong. Don't forget my beautiful pets. You've truly made a difference, you've been that hint of light in this cold hole that's put even the slightest bit of doubt in my mind about dying. So thank you all <3
  • Options
    My mum because yesterday when I was asleep on the plane (between about 12:45am and 2:45am) she ordered me a ham and cheese toastie for when I woke up because she knew how hungry I would be. I never actually knew until yesterday afternoon that I did actually get some sleep on the plane.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    I just had to come back to say my gorgeous little baby nephew Harrison was born happy healthy and a bloody stunner 💕
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    @Millie2787 Aww this is so exciting!! Love the name Harrison too. Congratulations! I hope mum, baby and family are doing well <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Aife There all  doing great little Harrison Arthur the rainbow baby  ❤️🌈He’s such such such a stunner 💕
  • Options
    I’m grateful for children in need , without them our Young carers participation group wouldn’t be funded and i wouldn’t of had the chance to have my voice in the local community with it . I’ve grown in so much confidence over the last 4 years I’ve been with the group. 4 years ago I never even dreamed of doing anything at the conference I sat on the table and didn’t even speak to anyone and fast forward to 3 years later and I chaired and spoke at the conference  and without children in need that wouldn’t of happened for me .
  • Options
    Hair spray lol
  • Options
    My mom, dad and gran <3 When everyone else in the world seems to be against me, my mom or dad are always there for me to talk to. They're the most supportive and relaxed people when it comes to who I am and what I want to do. They buy me the foods I'm craving even though I probably shouldn't have them. Both of us have inside jokes that no one but ourselves get, my dad and I play guitar together while me and my mom watch silly tv and laugh at it.

My gran's incredibly generous and I don't remember her ever getting angry at me, even when I was the most difficult. Literally, this morning I was thinking a lot about how I feel like I wasn't invited into the world and no one likes me, when my gran interrupted it with asking if I want to make pancakes and watch Countdown (she didn't even know what was going on).

I'm really lucky to have such people in my life.
  • Options
    The green micellar water. My skin has never been so clear and for so long 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Being alive.
    An oilder mate of mine passed away from cancer a couple of weeks ago. Attended his funeral yesterday and found out a mutual friend had taken his own life yesterday morning. :(
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive said:
    Being alive.
    An oilder mate of mine passed away from cancer a couple of weeks ago. Attended his funeral yesterday and found out a mutual friend had taken his own life yesterday morning. :(
    I'm so sorry. I hope you're doing as okay as you can be <3 
  • Options
    Skive said:
    Being alive.
    Holy crap. :( Look after yourself @Skive.

It's been a year of grieving for me too. Death can really put other things into perspective and make you re-evaluate what's important. I know you're an elder round these parts, but we're here for you if you need.

I'm grateful for amazing colleagues. <3
  • Options
    My mentor. She is the only person who motivates me to carry on with school when things are hard. 
  • Options
    My teachers today have been really understanding about the fact I can’t help drifting off in lessons at the moment and just give me a little nudge when I do 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I got a birchbox that i didnt realise i paid for lol. I signed up cause it said get £10 to spend on a site but i think that might of been for glossybox lol so even got wrong place. But anyway wondwred why i had less money than i thought. Eventho only £12. I dont check what goes in and out of my account cause stressful lol. But i accidently signed up to subcription which have canceled now

but im grateful i got it tho cause was a suprised and made my day lol like everything in it & pretty good all for £12. And is a bag this month not a box