Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What are you grateful of today?

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    To go out with more freedom. For obvious reason im mot grateful for it now. But after all this i will be. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    My friends. Living with them has made this whole lockdown easier. We miss our families but we still get drunk on a Friday night!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    church :) may not be any meetings just now but their still delivering bible messages through facebook live :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Nice day to sit in the sun
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    I'm greatful for life
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’m grateful to my sister, I was having a bad day but she french braided my hair for me and watched tv with me and it made me feel a bit better
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    The mod on beat who finished her shift but took the time out of her evening to talk with me and calm me down.. I'm grateful that someone has noticed I'm really struggling and took their time to support me
    grateful for my dr :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The weather! Went for a nice walk today. 25 degree heat. Beautiful
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Spell check on my phone. Saves me from embarrassing and silly spelling and grammar mistakes. Or at least most of the time.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Grateful of @Eyepatch for telling me that lemon juice pretty much gets every taste out of your mouth, including the taste of liquid antibiotics! :)<3
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    I am grateful  that my hair did not turn out to be a disaster. I made the possibly disastrous decision to cut my own fringe yesterday after watching a tutorial and thinking that I was a hairdresser. Luckily it actually turned out alright  :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
    I'm greatful for this sunshine. 
    @MountainPeak you're braver than me! :lol: glad it turned out alright :)<3
    I am grateful  that my hair did not turn out to be a disaster. I made the possibly disastrous decision to cut my own fringe yesterday after watching a tutorial and thinking that I was a hairdresser. Luckily it actually turned out alright  :joy:

Risky hahaha well done for having the courage to do that! Glad it turned out ok!
    It sounds weird but im really grateful of the online places that im banned from. Just mainly beat. It was a toxic place for me personally. And i dont want to spend too much of my day on my phone. The mixs group chat is enough for me and this forum and feel more grateful to be apart of here rather than some other shitty support service

hindsight is actually a wonderful thing
    Grateful of work for getting me out the house and letting me come back despite having a fever over the weekend 😊
    The nest was one of the best series I've seen for awhile
    I'm greatful again for beat. They really helped me last night and took the time to talk through things with me and helped me work towards new coping skills
    grateful of my colleague for covering my shift today :)
    got a letter today off a friend from inpatient and it's made me cry! it's so thoughtful and she's reminding me of all the stuff I am, strong, brave, crazy :lol: good things about me that I normally forget are there ...and my fav bit

'there's happiness out there somewhere and we'll go on a bloody treasure hunt to find it!' yes, yes we will <3
    My friends who are patient with me when I'm busy. It's nice not being made to feel like shit for being busy!
    grateful of a friend, talking to her and she pipes up 'your body fat percentage has no bearing on what makes you a quality human being' <3
    Key workers
    My sisters glad I'm not a lonely child my life would of been even worse
    My job coach
  • breadedbasebreadedbase Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Being alive in modern times and in a developed country.
    My body & arms and legs
    This weather!
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    I know this sounds really soppy but I really do love my SO and I'm so grateful for him. He's absolutely wonderful. He's smart, he's empathetic and he's mature. I've seen he use his own knowledge to educate his family members where need be. This week I saw him put his racist "step sister" in her place after spewing rubbish before cutting her off completely. This alone says a lot about him. I have definitely found my person.