Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Unpopular opinions

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited November 2019 in Politics & Debate
share your unpopular opinion! & if agree or disagree with someone else

Nearly every single musical would of been better if it just wasnt a musical
Anything harry potter is total trash
Unicorn stuff should be only for kids or just not even exist 
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit

Are they okay!???who would say such things 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    We've had topics like this before and they've proven popular, but can get a little heated. It may be best moved to the politics and debate forum.

My unpopular opnion. 
    The majority of recreational drugs should be decriminalised. Starting with heroin.
    Weekender Offender 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Thought there was already a thread for this?
    GreenTea said:
    Thought there was already a thread for this?
    Nop dont think so
    It is..
    edited November 2019
    Okay lol i dont see it? We can still make thread either way
    I think youre think of the thread "pet peeves" which is totally different thing. The last unpopular opinion thread was all the way in 2013 
    That's not the thread I'm on about.
    Okay. Wheres the link then? I don’t know why needs to be said anyway. Just loses the focus on actual thread.....
    I was just stating there was a thread already for this so unless it was deleted or removed when a user account was deleted. There use to be a thread like this and I was suggesting it incase it was missed. I.didnt mean to cause am issue. I'm not gonna post the link as like you said "loses focus on the actual topic"
    Musicals are great. So I disagree with that.
    Harry potter is really good and fun!
    Pineapple on pizza is nice.

Well youre alread putting comments that lose the track of thread so may aswell add the link with it. 

I like listening to unpopular opinion cause always on the radio and im really active on here , think id know if i saw it anyway. People always make new thread that already exist. Dont see you telling them
    edited November 2019
    I was watching youtubers make videos of unpopular opinions and one that kept coming up with "boy and girls can be friends without it meaning something else " hahah its like what are you 8, thats not an unpopular opinion thats just facts 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2019
    It's okay to make a similar thread to one that's been made before. :) I've moved this discussion to Politics & Debate as suggested.

My unpopular opinion: nobody should be jailed for their entire life and nobody should be executed for a crime. Everyone is capable of change and rehabilitation, even the people society brands as irredeemable.

Musicals: approve
    Harry Potter: approve
    Pineapple on pizza: strongly disapprove
    Unicorns: meh
    Decriminalisation of all drugs: approve
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    edited November 2019
     @Mike ah well i totally disagree there and was trying hard not to post. I believe in the death penality if know 100% for massive crime like killing loads of people.  some people are psychopaths. They cant change that and they can even pretend to be rehabilitate to leave prison but theyve known to commit crime again. Yeah some people can i just dont think should be a risk. I was watching doctumery of someone starting killing at really young age and spoke about killing people and dont think he could ever change and shouldnt even be have a chance or risk it in the real world. And i think they become a psycho path right from when theyre born and feel no remorse. Do not think everyone is capable of change
    think theres evidence that pyscho paths cant be changed
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2019
    Chocolate spread and Jam belong together 
    Brussels sprouts are the vilest thing going! 
    Parsnips don’t belong on a roast dinner 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I love listening to this on Radio 1! I've got the theme tune stuck in my head haa!

I think roast dinners are overrated! But that's probably because I'm a vegetarian :P  
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited November 2019

Aife said:
    I love listening to this on Radio 1! I've got the theme tune stuck in my head haa!

I think roast dinners are overrated! But that's probably because I'm a vegetarian :P  
    I had Heart extra on last night becuase it now heart xmas

@Aife Wait Your a veggie ?!? 😂

Also Christmas songs are acceptable to listen to from the end of October 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Omg aife how only finding out youre a vegetarian. Normally vegetarian try to get that into every convo going loool 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Haa yeah it's one of those things I haven't really mentioned before!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited December 2019
    Mike said:
    My unpopular opinion: nobody should be jailed for their entire life and nobody should be executed for a crime. Everyone is capable of change and rehabilitation, even the people society brands as irredeemable.

Now we know terrorists cant be rehabilated and he should of either been shot the first time or never been released. Death is a good punishment for people who take other peoples lives away. For all those 8 years he was clearly not thinking about the victims or their families 
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 611 Incredible Poster
    Football and similar sports are boring to watch.
    X factor is overrated.

Disagree with Harry Potter and unicorns!
    Unsure about everyone is capable of change and rehabilitation- it depends on whether they have insight but also the rehabilitation treatment itself e.g. The program for sex offenders isn't proving to be very effective (or so I read on the news).
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Nik naks are the best crips

bounty is the best chocolate in celebrations box
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Jaffa Cakes are biscuits.
    Politics is boring.
    Harry Potter is boring.
    Football is sooooo overrated. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Probably my most unpopular opinion is similar to @Aife - I think Roast dinners of any kind are very overrated (and I’m not a vegetarian). 

Agree re Harry potter @Shaunie, I could never get into it and now just find it boring. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Onions are gross 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Fox hunting is not an important issue.
    Weekender Offender 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Lynx for her smells amazing 👌
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    I don't like watching films!! And films over 2 hours are a waste of time!!! :tongue:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend