Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hi, i'm Julie

JulieJulie Posts: 2 Newbie
I have been recommended by a friend to try this site. I am very nervous to talk about my problems, I have also been recommended to call samaritans but I'm not sure if i can. I have a few physical and mental health issues but I feel that i'm struggling more than ever. I'm not sure how i will respond to feedback as i feel like helpful tips from others won't do anything for me, even though i know you have good intentions, i just struggle with people telling me i need to take deep breaths and go for a walk, so for that i am sorry. not sure what i'll get from this but i might as well try as i am constantly battling suicidal thoughts and am very scared to take action. thank you for reading. 

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey Julie, welcome to the community!

I'm glad you joined. I'm so sorry you're struggling, it sounds like things are really hard for you. Take all the time you need, we'll always be here to listen or help in any way we can :heart: Do you want to say what makes you nervous to talk about your problems? x
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JulieJulie Posts: 2 Newbie
    @Kathryn Thankyou, I think i'm nervous about lots of people knowing about things I'm struggling with, even though they might be going through something similar. Also i feel like the more i talk about my problems, the more real they get. I've kept quiet about suffering with depression for around 7 years and I've always managed to keep everything inside my head and push it to the back of my thoughts until recently. I have started CBT and that's still very strange for me to talk about things x
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Aww, I totally understand that :heart:

Do you think it could help to start with talking about small parts of it and building up?
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey welcome !! I hope we can support you <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey Julie :) Welcome to the mix, I hope you find what you need here :)

If you want to head over to the health and wellbeing section you can make a post looking for advice there, and I promise we do more than tell people to have a cuppa or go for a walk :lol:  people share from their own experience's and hopefully you'll find something that helps :)

I understand how scary it can be opening up, I felt the exact same, that it makes it more 'real' but it is very real already, it may seem scary, but opening up is probably the bravest thing you can do :) <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Julie! Welcome to the boards
  • Options
    knownaslonerknownasloner Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    Hey Julie! Welcome to the mix  <3

I understand your feelings of nervousness about sharing your problems. I, too, don’t find it easy and I’ve kept a lot of feelings to myself over the years.

I wouldn’t ever tell you to just go for a walk or take a breath. That wouldn’t fix your problems.

Sometimes it helps to talk but only when you’re ready. Bottling up emotions can sometimes make it worse. 

I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through, if you ever want support or someone to vent to I’m here. But no pressure  <3:)
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey Julie,

Welcome to The Mix it's lovely to have you here. Sorry to hear about how you're feeling, we are here for you. Like @BubblesGoesBoo mentioned it could be worth starting a thread in our health and well-being section,when you feel ready to do that- no pressure at all. You've taken a very positive first step by posting and joining us here. We care about you, :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Hi @Julie fun fact my mum is called Julie. 

I know it can be quite lonely suffering mental health and physical disabilities. Do you have any support networks near you or your family might be able to help with these problems. 

GreenTea said:
    Welcome!

Hi @Durhamjaide and @GreenTea =)

Thanks both for welcoming Julie to the forums and sending kind messages :)

As this post is over a month old, I have removed your posts and sank the post (meaning it won't keep getting bumped by new comments) - this is just to make sure that old issues are not brought up. 

Feel free to check out the guidelines for further info  :3