Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Summer Quiz (Tuesday 13/08, 7-8pm)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited August 2019 in Community Announcements
Animated GIF

Hey folks! :)

If you haven't seen the group chat break thread yet, go and check that out. As mentioned there, we'll be having our Summer quiz on Tuesday 13th of this month, from 7-8pm. This will be moderated by Leanne.

For anyone unfamiliar with community quizzes, they take place in group chat and have three rounds of 10 questions. One point is awarded for each question, and the first person to answer correctly gets the point (so there are 30 up for grabs in total).

This time, the rounds are:
  1. Entertainment
  2. The Mix trivia
  3. General knowledge

As always, we're looking for you guys to write these rounds for us. This means writing those 10 questions with answers and sending the list over to us to check a few days before the quiz. Ideally, it also means being there for the quiz to host your round (ask the questions and award the point for each one).

The winners of each round will get a prize, and there will also be a prize for the overall winner. Depending on what we have to give away, there may also be something for runners up. Oh, and the hosts will get a little something for helping out.

If you're interested in getting involved, comment below with what round you'd like to write and whether you're also available to host it. If you want to write a round, we'll ask you to send your questions over before Saturday.

Thanks everyone - hopefully we can knock some of the reigning champions off their podium. ;)

Mike & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture

Oh oh oh please may I do general knowledge 🤭
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Could I please do a mix trivia round? I'd love to host one :D 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    So no quiz master? 🤔
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Can I do a pitch perfect round lol
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Wooohoo love a good quiz! 💓
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Can I please do entertainment? If not I will be a back up if anyone needs to cancel.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Oh oh oh please may I do general knowledge 🤭
    Haha love the gif. Perfect way to get someone to say yes. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    The Mix said:
    Animated GIF

Hey folks! :)

If you haven't seen the group chat break thread yet, go and check that out. As mentioned there, we'll be having our Summer quiz on Tuesday 13th of this month, from 7-8pm. This will be moderated by Leanne.

For anyone unfamiliar with community quizzes, they take place in group chat and have three rounds of 10 questions. One point is awarded for each question, and the first person to answer correctly gets the point (so there are 30 up for grabs in total).

This time, the rounds are:
    1. Entertainment
    2. The Mix trivia
    3. General knowledge

As always, we're looking for you guys to write these rounds for us. This means writing those 10 questions with answers and sending the list over to us to check a few days before the quiz. Ideally, it also means being there for the quiz to host your round (ask the questions and award the point for each one).

The winners of each round will get a prize, and there will also be a prize for the overall winner. Depending on what we have to give away, there may also be something for runners up. Oh, and the hosts will get a little something for helping out.

If you're interested in getting involved, comment below with what round you'd like to write and whether you're also available to host it. If you want to write a round, we'll ask you to send your questions over before Saturday.

Thanks everyone - hopefully we can knock some of the reigning champions off their podium. ;)

Mike & the team

Yeah definitely knock some champions off the podium. Even if we don't knock them all, 1 is the target.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey folks,

Brilliant! So it looks like we've got...

@Kasa2013 doing Entertainment
    @Laine doing The Mix Trivia
    @Millie2787 doing General Knowledge

If you could all PM us your questions and answers before Saturday, that would be spectacular. I'm assuming you can all host your rounds too, but if not, let us know and someone else can. :)

Thanks everyone!

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    The Mix said:
    Hey folks,

If you could all PM us your questions and answers before Saturday, that would be spectacular. I'm assuming you can all host your rounds too, but if not, let us know and someone else can. :)

Thanks everyone!

Mike & the team
    Yeah I can host as well. Already finished writing my questions.  I wrote them whilst waiting for the confirmation.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    #blanked 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Pitch Perfect could definitely be a contender for a bonus round for future quizzes @Jellyelephant. ;)

Mike & the team

The Mix said:
    Pitch Perfect could definitely be a contender for a bonus round for future quizzes @Jellyelephant. ;)

Mike & the team
    I have to definitely agree with you. Who doesn't like Pitch Perfect?
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Yeet! 😂

I'd love to include a multi choice question about what my first name is but seems more like Laine trivia than mix trivia 😂 

I'm buzzing i'll get writing!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Laine said:
    Yeet! 😂

I'd love to include a multi choice question about what my first name is but seems more like Laine trivia than mix trivia 😂 

I'm buzzing i'll get writing!
    Well you are a chat mod for The Mix. ;) But haha
  • dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Can I just attend the quiz or do I need to host with someone? Thanks 
    dogmad20 said:
    Can I just attend the quiz or do I need to host with someone? Thanks 
    Just turn up on the day. Hosting is optional
    The Mix said:
    Hey folks,

Thanks everyone!

Mike & the team
    Do you mean @Kasa2103 ;) You accidentally put 2013 instead of 2103. Those things happen though. 
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Kasa2103 said:
    The Mix said:

Mike & the team
    I would be one of those people that don't like pitch perfect 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    davcr0ck said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    The Mix said:

Mike & the team
    I would be one of those people that don't like pitch perfect 

😮
    Questions and answers have been sent over @The Mix
    edited August 2019
    holly60 said:
    This sounds fun when are group chats again and normally?
    There is chat this Sunday and then it is back on 19th August as usual. 

Oh and yes the quizzes are really fun. I have hosted before so I decided that I would do it again. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Gutted I won't be able to make it but society says I have to go to work 🙄🙄
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Gutted I won't be able to make it but society says I have to go to work 🙄🙄
    Have a sick day that day. Easy. Unless that is not allowed. 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    @Kasa2103 I would call in sick, but I've already had 1 'official' absence this year, if I have 2 more I lose my bonuses, so want to keep them for when im actually ill lol, like I love you guys but I also love my bonuses :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Haha thanks for the love. I can understand that you want to keep your bonus. I think that anyone would. It is also understandable that you want to save the days for when you are actually ill. Enjoy work. If that can happen. 
    Kasa2103 said:
    The Mix said:
    Hey folks,

Thanks everyone!

Mike & the team
    Do you mean @Kasa2103 ;) You accidentally put 2013 instead of 2103. Those things happen though. 
    Oh yes, we did - oops! @Kasa2103 it is. :tongue:      

And yep, we need people attending and trying to win the quiz as well as hosts, so anyone is welcome to join! The more the merrier (and more competitive ;) ).

Mike & the team

The Mix said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    The Mix said:
    Hey folks,

Thanks everyone!

Mike & the team
    Oh yes, we did - oops! @Kasa2103 it is. :tongue:      

And yep, we need people attending and trying to win the quiz as well as hosts, so anyone is welcome to join! The more the merrier (and more competitive ;) ).

Mike & the team
    Definitely the more competitive. 

Oh and a quick message for @Laine and @Millie2787. On the day of the quiz try and make yourself an avatar like the mods do but instead of saying mod, put it as saying host. I was encouraged to do this last time and I found it really creative and fun and people noticed I was a host and not just someone participating.
    Haha thanks for noticing the mistake though. It's fine.
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    @The Mix I'm so confused by the all of this, non of this makes sense in my head 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help