Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chats tonight (Thursday 16/05/19)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Afternoon folks,

Tonight, we have Support Chat and General Chat running from 8-9:30pm. 

Support Chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Amy and Michelle will be modding.

General Chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Jan will be modding.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Enjoy :)
Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Chat is late to open unless it is just my WiFi. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Anyone else struggling to get in chat? No rooms are showing up for me
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Chats still on tonight right? :'(
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Anyone else struggling to get in chat? No rooms are showing up for me
    Same. Please say chat is on @The Mix
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Chat?
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone,

We're having some tech trouble at the moment! It's possible we might have to cancel chat this evening. We will keep you updated!

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    And here was me worrying my internet wasn't working. Glad to see it's not on my side at least and there are other people 
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
    @The Mix Thanks for the update. We can all get into chat (at least I can.) It is just that no rooms are open.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    The Mix said:
    Hey everyone,

We're having some tech trouble at the moment! It's possible we might have to cancel chat this evening. We will keep you updated!

- Aife
    Hopefully you can get it to work <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Come on. Where are the mods that are supposed to be modding. We are all waiting for you.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I thought it was my internet too (which hasn’t been playing ball today anyway). 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    @Kasa2103 they said technical issues. Chances are they can't get the rooms open at all
    My Internet has been a bit crappy as well. I tried turning on my mobile data and that didn't fix it.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2019
    Alright who broke it 🤣
    Now I get 504 gateway time out 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Well on my side now, both on pc and mobile I can't seem to load the site at all, let alone the rooms. I'm betting on a server error
    @Millie2787
    looks like I was right xD
    It loaded into the gateway just as I pressed post, it was on a blank screen before. I'm thinking perhaps a server restart now 
    Kasa2103 said:
    My Internet has been a bit crappy as well. I tried turning on my mobile data and that didn't fix it.
    Mine is always really temperamental. Last few days it’s been cutting out for about 10 minutes at a time every few hours lol. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    edited May 2019
    LabraBell said:
    @Millie2787
    looks like I was right xD
    It loaded into the gateway just as I pressed post, it was on a blank screen before. I'm thinking perhaps a server restart now 
    @Labrabell now it’s 503 service unavailable lucky us we’re getting sll the numbers 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Soon it would be 502 then ;) Why is it not working? Maybe The Mix are trying to fix it but accidentally broke it. I am making a chat thread as it is unlikely that chat will be on.
    @The Mix fyi Beat chatwee is down aswell :) 
    It's like a laughing face with a really straight moustache XID

LabraBell said:
    It's like a laughing face with a really straight moustache XID

Lmfao
    I'm getting that as well @Millie2787 too many numbers for me lol
    Right who broke chat? Fess up. This is what I have:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1116682689

Varnish cache server

Well from my limited server knowledge I saw a similar response when the server crashed, with the gateway error, and then when they restarted the server it was the same service unavailable and it took a pretty long time to come back online. 

Although that was a minecraft server and this is a bit more complicated than that soo...

@The Mix You better tell me if I got this right :p
    Oohh @LabraBell were back to 504 now 🤣🤣 Yhey must be really liking there maths tonight 😝
    Kasa2103 said:
    Right who broke chat? Fess up. This is what I have:

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1116682689

Varnish cache server

@K@Kasa2103
    I always thought varnish was like someone saying vanish in a really posh voice xD
    @Millie2787
     then my new guess is the same as before, the server is getting a crash error so it's restarted. But there's something causing it to crash when it starts up again and that's what the technical error is. 
    edited May 2019
    LabraBell said:
    @Millie2787
     then my new guess is the same as before, the server is getting a crash error so it's restarted. But there's something causing it to crash when it starts up again and that's what the technical error is. 
    Hold on @LabraBell there’s back to 503 🤣🤣 having a good old play around with it 

Edit scrap that at there abck to 504 🙄
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited May 2019
    Hey everyone,

I'm afraid the technical issues are coming from our chat software and it's not something we can fix tonight. 

If you need a bit more support tonight, the discussion boards are always open. You can post on the mutual support thread to get some support from the community this evening and also run your own general chat thread. The Mix’s helpline and webchat are available until 11pm tonight too. 

You can also text Crisis Messenger at any time if you’re at breaking point. You can text THEMIX to 85258.

We hope to have chat back and running on Sunday.

- Aife & the team