Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Questioning my sexuality again

davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
So last week (around Thursday, Friday) I started question if I'm actually gay or not, so one the Saturday, I went to an lgbt support group and I talk what was going on in my head, they just sayed like I haven't discovered my true sexuality and one of the transgender boys offered to dress me in full drag over the summer (which I'm looking forward to, I did dress up in drag an few times) I've also never had an relationship in my life (when straight and gay) so I was wondering if anyone else had any advice. 
Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 

Comments

• mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi, 

I don't have much advice on the practical side of it. But I would say, don't put too much pressure on yourself trying to figure out your sexuality. Sometimes we get too caught up in trying to put a label on things/ourselves we become blindsided or just become overly stressed/worried. I don't know too much on the topic but maybe if you experimented it would help you discover but by all means don't pressure yourself. Just do what you enjoy doing or what feels right. 

I also attach a link to switchboard which is run by LGBT+ volunteers if you want to talk to someone confidentially or just another persons opinion outside of your support group, friends, family or here on The Mix. https://switchboard.lgbt/ 
  • ValerialettoValerialetto Posts: 87 Budding Regular
    Hello @davcr0ck ,

For sure you are not the only person who doubts about that and I agree with @mags98 that you should't put so much pressure  on yourself. 

You know, everything comes when time comes  :)  teenagers do not know who to be in future and for some people it takes years to understand and it's normal. Our life is changable as well as we are and to be not sure about your sexuality or smth else is natural because it's life) 
                   Can you answer the question..why it is so important fo you to be defined?

• davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello @davcr0ck ,

For sure you are not the only person who doubts about that and I agree with @mags98 that you should't put so much pressure  on yourself. 

You know, everything comes when time comes  :)  teenagers do not know who to be in future and for some people it takes years to understand and it's normal. Our life is changable as well as we are and to be not sure about your sexuality or smth else is natural because it's life) 
                   Can you answer the question..why it is so important fo you to be defined?

Hey @Valerialetto
    Thanks for your respond, in response to your question, it important to because I just want answers, I've been questioning sinse year 9 (I'm now year 12) and I generally thought my label being gay was the answer.

Thanks again for the reply 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Personally, I wouldn't worry about a label. Love who you love - it doesn't need to be more complicated than that!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Mama_U660Mama_U660 Posts: 11 Settling in
    im sort of happy i read this because i feel the exact same way. Im not sure what i am but to be honest u shouldnt worry about it. Be whoever u want to be and just roll with it. Hope u had fun dressing up <3
  • VilJaVilJa Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
    Hey @davcr0ck, I can’t imagine how this confusion must make you feel, but I also know that it is okay to be confused, it’s okay to take your time. These are things that are part of your identity and it’s okay to take the time to fully realize them. In fact, I think you should have fun with it and try to explore things without putting any pressure on yourself to conform to anything, which I think you are already doing, for example trying drag. I am proud of you for branching out.

Take a deep breath and cut yourself some slack. You are not obliged to anyone determine everything about your sexual identity right here right now! 
    Enjoy life ❤️
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey all,

I'm decided to give an relationship an go with another guy, as your probably hear me mention in over discussions. I'm just gonna take it slow and see what happens

Love ya all