Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you looking forward too?

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    A good old Cornish pasty!  (well when my money comes through 😂)

And my week off in February xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    To go back to sleep
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Lookin forward to having a hot chocolate for when ever i can be bothered to move ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    The weekend. I've been far too productive/social for the past couple, so it must be time to watch movies and play games. 🐱‍🐉
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm totally looking forward to visiting my sister at the end of the month! I haven't had the chance to see her since before Christmas. :cry:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Meeting my friend in town at lunchtime today ❤️
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    The new Aladdin movie!

https://youtu.be/6NqKrhmnVNY
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    I'm looking forward to the end of this week, I have the weekend off work, and last weekend was SO long so I'm looking forward to a chilled weekend :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Looking forward to going away tomorrow, hoping this break is what I need to turn things around :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Shifting this illness ! 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    My new headphones arriving! I have earphones but wearing them can get a lil uncomfortable, so have brought some over-ear headphones online. xD 
    Half 4 when i finsih work ah
    edited February 2019
    I’ve got a Confidence building/ Public speaking skills workshop that young carers are doing with us on Thursday - I’m quite looking forward to it I don’t normally like things like that but I dunno 
    Shaunie said:
    Half 4 when i finsih work ah

Summer :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    I’m giving blood for the first time tomorrow evening - scared but excited at the same time 
    The first of the Holby City x casualty crossover tonight ! 
    To have a kid when older and live indepenantly. - def far away from that happening. But thoughts id think more of possible things to look forward to that is further away
  • littlegemzlittlegemz Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    Going for a walk with my best friend. She keeps me active so I can try and loose weight and also it's nice to chat with her. I don't see her as much as I used to when our kids were tiny we both work a lot so can go months without seeing each other. 
    For when my stomach stops hurting lol
    For when i find corage to actually take my pills so i can feel more energy ahha
    My next trip to London a week Saturday 
    ...Sleep... Dude, I can't stay awake any longer. :sleepy:
    edited April 2019
    To meet friends. Want to get socialable. And ive probs said this loads of times here and got no where  but going to maybe meeting a friend on friday. And has encouraged me to message a other friend tho she lives in different place now but am up for train rides if can find money for it aha 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Got some holiday soon and hoping to visit somewhere in Europe... will be nice to get away for a proper break. :) 
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Cooking Stir fry to tea 
    My first appointment with speech and language on the 16th April. Lol. #FixMyThroat
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Walking 2 of my favourite dogs with 2 of my favourite friends on Sunday. Finally my mum is letting me go out without her (for once.) 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Maccies Breakfast tomrrow morning before Heading off to the office -im sooo craving the pancakes and a hash brown <3
    I'm very excited for the new Lion King film! It's my favourite film ever and they've just released the new trailer. It looks amazing and baby Simba is just too cute!

https://youtu.be/7TavVZMewpY