Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Say something nice about yourself!

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
Think we are missing a self love thread.  self love is definetly important and think we can all soemtimes be too harsh on ourselves so wanted a place where we can be kinder to ourselves. 

Say something nice about yourself - From all the qualities you have or saying something about your appearance.. ect <3 all deserve to love yourself😊

So I’ll start by just saying - even though half the time I don’t feel like it - id say I’m pretty strong to go through all the struggles I have done/am going through. (something I can say to everyone reading this too) 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Tagged:

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Good thread :)

Well... I like my eyebrows and eyelashes - they're full and admittedly pretty great so I don't need any mascara or eyebrow pencils lol xD

Can't think of anything else right now ha, looking forward to seeing other's replies.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Brilliant thread! 

I'm proud of who I have become as I've grown up. I've made some awful choices and been through a lot but just as you said, @Shaunie, I'm proud of my strength to keep going :smile:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2023
    I must have a lot of patience to work in retail. Even the thought of walking through it when not working stresses me out
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm a fairly kind person I like to think ❤

And still a child at heart 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’m somone who tries to spread positivity wherever she is 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I handled yesterday really bleddy well I think.  I got through it all and I honestly had a good time :)  xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Bringing this thread back cause I feel it's so important <3 

something nice about me... I like how my makeup looked today :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited April 2019
    This thread is defintly the hardest one ahh. Not good with compliments let alone compliments from myself ahah

I like the colour of my nails lol

I liked my makeup yesterday 

gosh I agree with @shaunie it’s really hard to do 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I agree with you two. I don't like complimenting myself. Lol.

Uh... I'm a fairly good piano player. And I get told positive stuff about me often so maybe it's true (probs not).
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I have a good taste in music.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Absolutely love this thread idea. :) 

I'm a calm and considered person and, although I always forget, I've worked hard and taken a lot of risks to be in the position I am today.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    I like how caring I am, currently making a self-care/distraction box for my friend who's struggling in hospital :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    I am doing so great to keep going to training 
    I might not have loads of room for other people in my life a lot of the time, but I've done well to create a life for myself that is comfortable and sustainable.
    I like my new glasses if that counts 
    @Shaunie youre doing okayy

lol
    Once again bringing this back cause self love is so important  <3

I like my style, and how I'm not scared to look different...
    I like how did my make up today. 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Dont mean to boast but I'm pretty good at making paper planes.
  • Mia_mooMia_moo Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    I like my pink hair.
    I am not as shit as I thought I was (a lie but I just found this thread in the graveyard.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I like how I am determined to reach my career goal, I am someone who hasn’t get given up and I hope I never will! 
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    I have a good memory 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'm a team player. I don't give up and ditch my workload on others 
    Im not a bad person, im kind & supportive 
    I am a funny person when it comes to my art. Yesterday in art we were drawing stuffed animals. I drew a parrot that I named Dereck (the photos in the spoiler will explain because it could be triggering.) The pictures are all from different pages in my art book. Oh and the writing is not in pen (it is in darkish pencil.)

Supposed to be in order of before plastic surgery, after plastic surgery (massive fail) and then after weight loss and 2nd plastic surgery operation  (not too rubbish.) 

I'm a lot less self-conscious and generally anxious than I used to be.
    I’ve been learning to stand up for myself more and not let people take advantage of my kindness too much 
  • Evelyn360Evelyn360 Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    I make a cracking cup of tea.