Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, my name is RMCKIE7!

RMCKIE7RMCKIE7 Posts: 1 Just got here
edited December 2018 in Home, Law & Money
What happens to let me have 12 days holiday in The U.K. while I am on J.S.A.? the holiday would not affect my sign on days but would affect any courses or meetings they may schedule for me for the time I want to be away. I would, of course, be continuing to search for work while on holiday but not available for interviews 'till after my return. I would be travelling around England with friends I worked with in the past who have hospitality connections so researching about future work with them also. I just don't want the time with them to be interrupted and for it to be official and not affect my benefits. I don't want to have to sign off and sign back on and possibly have to change to universal credit and don't want sanctioning or anything like that if unable to attend meetings or courses etc. over that time. It would be between sign on days and not affect my sign on days. A work advisor briefly mentioned that Job seekers are allowed holiday time. What do I have to do and is there any official information about this anywhere online or anywhere at all?
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited December 2018
    Hey and welcome to the site 😊

i do not know much about this but google search it and comes up with this link. https://www.themix.org.uk/money/benefits/jsa-complications-9182.html
    And has a section on about going on hoilday. That looks like could be helpful to you. But sorry if not and hope someone replies to help you 

(Am I missing something & the only one confused on why this post  is reported as ‘spam’ twice ?)

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hi @RMCKIE7
    Welcome to the community. :)   Just a note to let you know that we have moved this post to the home, law & money thread as we think it fits better there.  

@Shaunie has given some great advice by suggesting the article above.   We are not experts here, but there are some great signposts at the bottom of the article Shaunie suggested. 

We also had a look at the post, and don't think it fits as spam so cleared the flags. 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown