Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What have you done today to make you feel proud? 💕

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Same @Millie2787
    Today I've been like, have toy got anything for me to do?  To every family member and all that's left is my brothers gifts but he doesn't want me to do them 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Today I dyed my hair :) might not seem like a lot but I've been really struggling with self care recently so I'm proud of doing something for me :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    not me but it's a super proud moment so had to share :)

my nephew is 6 and he's been going through his toys this month ready for Santie bringing new ones and we've been selling the ones he doesn't want. we were out this morning and there's a Christmas tree with kids first names/ages on it and you can pick a name and buy a kid a toy for Christmas (kids in care/family's that are struggling) he wanted to know what it was so I explained the best I could so with the money he's raised from selling his toys he's decided to buy 3 kids a new toy for Christmas, and he said when he see's Santie tomorrow he's going to ask him to be extra kind to the kids on the tree :) my heart melted a bit haha but super proud of him. 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I managed to go to CAMHS today and spoke about somthing quite difficult being the triggers for anxiety which has allowed her to write the letter requesting/Supporting me being out of the Hall for my exams 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    I managed to go to CAMHS today and spoke about somthing quite difficult being the triggers for anxiety which has allowed her to write the letter requesting/Supporting me being out of the Hall for my exams 
    Well done for speaking out about it, it couldn't of been easy  <3 I really hope it helped :) 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I managed to take my antibiotics without throwing up. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Just booked my first giving blood session for the new year - have until April to prepare myself 😂😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    That's great Aimee well done!  Yes plenty of time to prepare 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Laine said:
    That's great Aimee well done!  Yes plenty of time to prepare 😂
    @laine I’m  just think to myself if I can survive a blood test than hopefully i can survive this 😂 I couldn’t find anywhere close enough that had one sooner otherwise I would of done it  sooner 😩
    Yeah the waiting times can be longer.  
    It's not much worse than a blood test and you get a cuppa and biscuits after :) h

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I shaved ALL of my legs and not just the part people can see and my ankles - as that’s what I normally do cause lazy. 

Lol is this something to even be proud of. Guess in winter - it def is. Ha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I made “sasuage rolls” with red onion chutney they kinda don’t look like them but taste quite nice 
    Well done Shaunie! Even I can't be bothered usually in the summer let alone winter haha xo

As long as they Taste like then that's good Aimee😂 the chutney sounds fabulous 😍 we had a McDonald's haha 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Laine said:
    Well done Shaunie! Even I can't be bothered usually in the summer let alone winter haha xo

As long as they Taste like then that's good Aimee😂 the chutney sounds fabulous 😍 we had a McDonald's haha 
     @laine             Well of course it would be it came from a jar 😂🤣
    Haha Millie 😂

Got a shower and got lots done. Haven't been anxious about owt for a few days now, just feel like life is life. I don't know.  Hurt myself so many times this weekend bashing into things because I'm clumsy 😂 And nothing bad has happened x

Of course I will always have anxious days but feeling good today :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

edited January 2019
    Not something I’ve nessarceliy done lol but always proud of my 50p bargin in Boots. Lol. chicken wraps ha. But also proud left the house while my eyes are swollen and I just look horrible lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I've had a relatively functional day on less than six hours sleep. My mind usually starts rebelling if I get less than eight, so I'm quite impressed with myself.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    edited January 2019
    I managed to get through the day talking to people yesterday ( I was really scared to incased i stuttered) 
    Love a good bargain @Shaunie ! Haha :)

That's great Mike!  I'm running on less than 8 at the moment but doing really good :)

@Millie2787 That's positive to hear, I know it can be hard and even scary but it almost always works out fine and those rare ones who want to be mean just aren't worth your time Xo

I personally am quite proud that I managed to get up this morning for college despite my coach getting home late last night and still feeling the effects of travel sickness. It was my favorite driver for my last coach so he let me off at wadebridge to throw up 😂😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I have written all of my CV :). Taken me like all day lol. But totally proud I found the motivation for that
    Nicely done Shaunie! 
    Don't worry about it making a CV was part of our course and it took us 2 weeks to do haha 
    Well done for getting it done in a day!  I find that hard sometimes xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I rang into work to ask for the Saturday off as going to funeral on Friday. I did want to ask while I was at work but I didn’t get the time to and I didn’t know how to or where to. But they said Is fine & rang up for my sister too for compassionate leave, and I think I sounded proper anxious cause I was lol, but finally rang up & glad done it
    Just prepared , printed and cut out my nieces baptism photos ready to talk to the children at preschool about tomorrow during there RE session , just need to get my dress sorted and I fee prepared for leading the session tomorrow ! 
    That's great @Millie2787 !
    A lecturer asked me to do some slides on me volunteering here to talk in a couple of tutorials and I'm terrified, might not do it 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Laine said:
    That's great @Millie2787 !
    A lecturer asked me to do some slides on me volunteering here to talk in a couple of tutorials and I'm terrified, might not do it 😂
    Just think @laine if I can survive trying to get a bunch of 3-5 year olds to sit on the carpet and listen you’ll be fine 😂😂😂
    True @Millie2787
    But kids are generally nicer than the people I'd be talking to 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Laine said:
    True @Millie2787
    But kids are generally nicer than the people I'd be talking to 😂
    @laine your be suprised how savage they are , they litreally say it as it is 😂
    I did it I passed English !!!! 
    Awe well done!  @Millie2787 ❤ 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈