Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Welcome to the new boards!

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey @The Mix

oh nearly was gunna miss this there cause you didnt
    The Mix said
    tag someone when they've quoted them.
    :tongue:

Aha
    but yeah think is something that could be on the good manners guide

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Haha @Shaunie

@The Mix Yeah, sounds like a plan. If there's anything I can help with on that then let me know :P
    What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Ha! The irony. @Shaunie @LabraBell

Cool, we'll throw it in - we'll need to cover some new areas now the boards have changed. :) 

Cheers,
    Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited October 2018
    The Mix said:
    Floxy said:
    Hey @The Mix  these gaps between sentences have returned. Please could you tell the tech team to get a move on to prevent it? Even when I close the gap between paragraphs, it still doesn't look right. :/
    Thanks for this, @Floxy. Just to clarify, is it gaps between paragraphs or gaps between sentences that are the issue? Or both? It would also be useful to know your browser/device so we can try and replicate the problem. :) 

Mike
    Hey @Mike

It's the gaps between paragraphs where the bug causes text to jump double-space, when one is changing the subject. If I force myself to remember, then I'll go directly below as if to start a new sentence where the gap will only appear as one space not two. As it should. However, after years of habitual touch typing, I'm far too engrained to change. :3

Edited to add: I use Firefox browser and its latest update and my Asus laptop running on Windows 7. Dunno why, but my iPhone doesn't take kindly to being being used for the forum.
    edited October 2018
    Floxy said:
    The Mix said:
    Floxy said:
    Hey @The Mix  these gaps between sentences have returned. Please could you tell the tech team to get a move on to prevent it? Even when I close the gap between paragraphs, it still doesn't look right. :/
    Thanks for this, @Floxy. Just to clarify, is it gaps between paragraphs or gaps between sentences that are the issue? Or both? It would also be useful to know your browser/device so we can try and replicate the problem. :) 

Mike
    Hey @Mike

It's the gaps between paragraphs where the bug causes text to jump double-space, when one is changing the subject. If I force myself to remember, then I'll go directly below as if to start a new sentence where the gap will only appear as one space not two. As it should. However, after years of habitual touch typing, I'm far too engrained to change. :3

Edited to add: I use Firefox browser and its latest update and my Asus laptop running on Windows 7. Dunno why, but my iPhone doesn't take kindly to being being used for the forum.
    @Floxy - Aaah okay, that makes sense. I'm getting this issue on Firefox too, but it seems to be fine on Chrome. Is it only happening on Firefox for you?

I'll flag this at our end. For a temporary fix, changing browser should do the trick. :) 

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    The Mix said:
    Floxy said:
    The Mix said:
    Floxy said:

Mike
    Hey @Mike

@Floxy - Aaah okay, that makes sense. I'm getting this issue on Firefox too, but it seems to be fine on Chrome. Is it only happening on Firefox for you?

I'll flag this at our end. For a temporary fix, changing browser should do the trick. :) 

Mike & the team
    Thanks Mike, but lately Chrome went weird on me and friends of our's in Can Picafort so we've been using Firefox without probs. I don't use IE, that's useless and had far too many bugs. Maybe though if others have a Chromebook they'll be ok? But thanks for flagging my query. :)
    I wish we could have a Friends List available n our profile. Means we could contact them more quickly instead of having to fish around for them across the forum.
    This issue should now be fixed, @Floxy. :) 

Mike & the team

The Mix said:
    This issue should now be fixed, @Floxy. :) 

Mike & the team
    Thank you so much for your help. :)
    Erm, every time I post, this "PostController" notice appears in the bottom left-hand corner of my screen. What is it, please?

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family

@Mike your worst nightmare has returned. This is sadly turning up again. On normal internet even though the picture shows data being used. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    ^
    Tell me about it. This symbol causes me to refresh the screen constantly. Yet it still returns and sometimes I can't log out. :#
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Abigail said:

@Mike your worst nightmare has returned. This is sadly turning up again. On normal internet even though the picture shows data being used. 
    @abigail              This happens when I click on the different threads aswell but if I refresh it works 😂😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Hey sorry, just have a sugesstion/question but maybe an option to get a notifcation for when someone puts a ‘hug’ on our comments could be or is it an option? Cause i think would just be a nice thing to be notified about & also wonder if sometimes it doesnt get notice when i do click on it for
    someone, as soemtimes can be easliy missed. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Floxy said:
    Erm, every time I post, this "PostController" notice appears in the bottom left-hand corner of my screen. What is it, please?

Hey @Floxy, this seems to happen with our accounts too. Usually refreshing the page seems to help with this problem. Does that work for you?

@Abigail thanks for letting us know about this, we'll let our tech team know :)  

@Shaunie This is a really nice suggestion. Unfortunately it's not possible to enable notifications for post reactions at the moment, but we'll pass the suggestion onto Vanilla. Hopefully it's something they can develop soon. 

- Aife

Refreshing the page no longer works. On first click I received this message:

Comment not found.

The comment you were looking for could not be found.

Second click I got lucky. IMO, but vanilla sucks.

edited October 2018
    @Floxy said:

Comment not found.

Looks like we've found what's causing this. It seems to happen when you write a post, log out of that account (presumably in another tab), then try to post it. So if I started drafting this post in one tab, then logged into my personal account in another tab, I couldn't then post this with The Mix account. Hence the references to permissions and the 'post controller'. :)

If you remain logged in to the account you used to draft the post, this shouldn't be an issue. Let us know if that fixes things. :) 

Mike & the team

The Mix said:
    @Floxy said:

Comment not found.

Looks like we've found what's causing this. It seems to happen when you write a post, log out of that account (presumably in another tab), then try to post it. So if I started drafting this post in one tab, then logged into my personal account in another tab, I couldn't then post this with The Mix account. Hence the references to permissions and the 'post controller'. :)

If you remain logged in to the account you used to draft the post, this shouldn't be an issue. Let us know if that fixes things. :) 

Mike & the team
    Hello Mike @The Mix

The situation is, once having logging in, I stay logged in on the same tab. I do not open up a 2d tab. I Personally I find running multiple tabs when logging into The Mix forums is counterproductive. I did it just the once back in June.

But when like Abigail encountered "Something has gone wrong" with the sad face image behind, then to overcome that, I simply backspace. Then I forward again to access the page I want and usually that clears it. Every time that "Somethig has gone wrong" reappears,I simply do as before.

Thank you though. :)
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    @Floxy yeah I've had that message once or twice, I keep the number of tabs I have low generally and it still comes up. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.

Im sorry. This is gunna make me sound really stupid but has been annoying me ever since — is there an option to have 12 hour time? as for some reason, no matter how many times i read a 24 hour i just cant tell. My brains is really slow for that & just cant remember. No idea why. But anyway its not even the fact that i care about the times of posts- it just makes me feel really stupid & frustated for being stupid when seeing it lol. 

I also wanted to say - we cant see who hugs or agrees to something on the activity wall part & dunno if meant to be like that or. 

Thanks @Abigail  Perhaps we'll win out in the end.

I propose (though this has not the first time of asking) that it would be great if we could not only give Hugs to someone, but also Agree.

There are a great many posts which I agree with across the boards and would very, very much like to hug that person to make them feel cared for and their posts - appreciated. Sadly and annoyingly, the only option available is either Hugs  ~or~  Agree. Nurrr nurrr nurrr - that's not good enough! :/

edited October 2018
    Floxy said:
    I propose (though this has not the first time of asking) that it would be great if we could not only give Hugs to someone, but also Agree.

There are a great many posts which I agree with across the boards and would very, very much like to hug that person to make them feel cared for and their posts - appreciated. Sadly and annoyingly, the only option available is either Hugs  ~or~  Agree. Nurrr nurrr nurrr - that's not good enough! :/

This is something we're still looking into @Floxy - we'd like to try it out. :)

Another idea we've thought about it changing the 'hugs' reaction to 'love'. The idea being it conveys the same sentiment as a hug, but can also be used to say you love something - whether that's an idea, a point someone has made, something cool they've created, etc. In theory, this might fix the issue you mentioned, but we're still figuring things out.

Though keep in mind that we do also face technical limitations. As weird as it may sound, something as simple as your suggestion may not be possible with the tools we have. Being able to use one or the other should suffice most of the time. :) 
    Shaunie said:
    Im sorry. This is gunna make me sound really stupid but has been annoying me ever since — is there an option to have 12 hour time? as for some reason, no matter how many times i read a 24 hour i just cant tell. My brains is really slow for that & just cant remember. No idea why. But anyway its not even the fact that i care about the times of posts- it just makes me feel really stupid & frustated for being stupid when seeing it lol. 

This doesn't sound stupid at all @Shaunie. :) We could do this, but it would need to be changed for everybody, so we'd need most people to be in favour of it. We'll throw up a poll and see what people think. Thanks for raising this.
    Shaunie said:
    I also wanted to say - we cant see who hugs or agrees to something on the activity wall part & dunno if meant to be like that or. 

This is how activity walls work by default. :) Though we can check if it's possible to add them. Something we're investigating at the moment is whether we can have notifications for reactions, which should serve a similar purpose. We'll post an update on this when we have more info.
    Floxy said:
    The Mix said:
    @Floxy said:

Comment not found.

Mike & the team
    Hello Mike @The Mix

The situation is, once having logging in, I stay logged in on the same tab. I do not open up a 2d tab. I Personally I find running multiple tabs when logging into The Mix forums is counterproductive. I did it just the once back in June.

But when like Abigail encountered "Something has gone wrong" with the sad face image behind, then to overcome that, I simply backspace. Then I forward again to access the page I want and usually that clears it. Every time that "Somethig has gone wrong" reappears,I simply do as before.

Thank you though. :)

Hmmm... just to check we're not getting mixed up here @Abigail @Floxy, are you referring to the 'something has gone wrong' message, or the 'postcontroller' message?

We haven't had any problems with the first one coming for a while now, so that seems to be fixed.

Thanks everyone. Keep 'em coming. :)

Mike & the team

I was referring to both, @Mike but let me have another look tomorrow because we've just arrived home from Mallorca and a turbulent flight, and I'm whacked.

Ahh - the 'postcontroller' message appears to have gone. Not sure if the 'something has gone wrong' has settled, but we'll see tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help!
    Mandy

This doesn't sound stupid at all @ShaunieWe could do this, but it would need to be changed for everybody, so we'd need most people to be in favour of it. We'll throw up a poll and see what people think. Thanks for raising this.

Ohh sorry, probably  ignore me then. Thought maybe was a quick way youd change it so it just goes with our phone times or an option for both or something ah. Probably only me who doesnt like seeing a 24 hour time ah

@The Mix
    im guessin you meant to delete the food and drink subforum when you moved “whats on the menu” i cant find it now. And also style and apperance subforum?
    Shaunie said:
    @The Mix
    im guessin you meant to delete the food and drink subforum when you moved “whats on the menu” i cant find it now. And also style and apperance subforum?
    One of the few to notice this @Shaunie. ;) 

You're right - we deleted them both and moved their posts into the main Health & Wellbeing forum. They were first made when the boards functioned more like modern social media and were far busier, so having those extra spaces helped. Now, they're pretty dead, so we thought we'd tidy that forum up.

Good spot!

Mike & the team

Hi. I was using the search bar thingy to search something. But seems to not be working anymore?
    Shaunie said:
    Hi. I was using the search bar thingy to search something. But seems to not be working anymore?
    Thanks so much for flagging this @Shaunie! Not sure why it's not working anymore but I'll flag this to our tech team :) 

- Aife

The Mix said:
    Shaunie said:
    also cant get youtube links to properly work
    In theory, just posting a YouTube link should get the video to display normally - is that what you're doing

Hi.  Sorry hope not annoying. But The youtube links still dont work for a lot of people 

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Shaunie said:
    The Mix said:
    Shaunie said:
    also cant get youtube links to properly work
    In theory, just posting a YouTube link should get the video to display normally - is that what you're doing

Hi.  Sorry hope not annoying. But The youtube links still dont work for a lot of people 

I’m the same I post the link and It’s  just the link the video has never shown for me 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.