We're currently updating and consolidating our community guidelines, so you might see a few changes and things being moved to more relevant places. We're not changing how things currently work, just making sure what's written is accurate and up to date.

Welcome to the new boards!

124

Comments

  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,906 Mega Poster
    Hey @The Mix

    oh nearly was gunna miss this there cause you didnt
    The Mix said
    tag someone when they've quoted them.
    :tongue:

    Aha
    but yeah think is something that could be on the good manners guide

    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
  • LabraBellLabraBell England, B68.Posts: 162 The Mix convert
    Haha @Shaunie

    @The Mix Yeah, sounds like a plan. If there's anything I can help with on that then let me know :P
    "You don't have to be that courageous, empathetic, good-natured person - you choose to be. That's who you are. Our choices are what define us, not the things that are inflicted on us."

    -Mike

    -=-=-=-=-

    "Remember that you aren’t your emotions, Emma. You are what you do, and you’re doing all the right things."

    -Paul, Childline
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    Ha! The irony. @Shaunie @LabraBell

    Cool, we'll throw it in - we'll need to cover some new areas now the boards have changed. :) 

    Cheers,
    Mike
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    edited October 2018
    The Mix said:
    Floxy said:
    Hey @The Mix  these gaps between sentences have returned. Please could you tell the tech team to get a move on to prevent it? Even when I close the gap between paragraphs, it still doesn't look right. :/
    Thanks for this, @Floxy. Just to clarify, is it gaps between paragraphs or gaps between sentences that are the issue? Or both? It would also be useful to know your browser/device so we can try and replicate the problem. :) 

    Mike
    Hey @Mike

    It's the gaps between paragraphs where the bug causes text to jump double-space, when one is changing the subject. If I force myself to remember, then I'll go directly below as if to start a new sentence where the gap will only appear as one space not two. As it should. However, after years of habitual touch typing, I'm far too engrained to change. :3

    Edited to add: I use Firefox browser and its latest update and my Asus laptop running on Windows 7. Dunno why, but my iPhone doesn't take kindly to being being used for the forum.
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Floxy said:
    The Mix said:
    Floxy said:
    Hey @The Mix  these gaps between sentences have returned. Please could you tell the tech team to get a move on to prevent it? Even when I close the gap between paragraphs, it still doesn't look right. :/
    Thanks for this, @Floxy. Just to clarify, is it gaps between paragraphs or gaps between sentences that are the issue? Or both? It would also be useful to know your browser/device so we can try and replicate the problem. :) 

    Mike
    Hey @Mike

    It's the gaps between paragraphs where the bug causes text to jump double-space, when one is changing the subject. If I force myself to remember, then I'll go directly below as if to start a new sentence where the gap will only appear as one space not two. As it should. However, after years of habitual touch typing, I'm far too engrained to change. :3

    Edited to add: I use Firefox browser and its latest update and my Asus laptop running on Windows 7. Dunno why, but my iPhone doesn't take kindly to being being used for the forum.
    @Floxy - Aaah okay, that makes sense. I'm getting this issue on Firefox too, but it seems to be fine on Chrome. Is it only happening on Firefox for you?

    I'll flag this at our end. For a temporary fix, changing browser should do the trick. :) 

    Mike & the team
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    The Mix said:
    Floxy said:
    The Mix said:
    Floxy said:
    Hey @The Mix  these gaps between sentences have returned. Please could you tell the tech team to get a move on to prevent it? Even when I close the gap between paragraphs, it still doesn't look right. :/
    Thanks for this, @Floxy. Just to clarify, is it gaps between paragraphs or gaps between sentences that are the issue? Or both? It would also be useful to know your browser/device so we can try and replicate the problem. :) 

    Mike
    Hey @Mike

    It's the gaps between paragraphs where the bug causes text to jump double-space, when one is changing the subject. If I force myself to remember, then I'll go directly below as if to start a new sentence where the gap will only appear as one space not two. As it should. However, after years of habitual touch typing, I'm far too engrained to change. :3

    Edited to add: I use Firefox browser and its latest update and my Asus laptop running on Windows 7. Dunno why, but my iPhone doesn't take kindly to being being used for the forum.
    @Floxy - Aaah okay, that makes sense. I'm getting this issue on Firefox too, but it seems to be fine on Chrome. Is it only happening on Firefox for you?

    I'll flag this at our end. For a temporary fix, changing browser should do the trick. :) 

    Mike & the team
    Thanks Mike, but lately Chrome went weird on me and friends of our's in Can Picafort so we've been using Firefox without probs. I don't use IE, that's useless and had far too many bugs. Maybe though if others have a Chromebook they'll be ok? But thanks for flagging my query. :)
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    I wish we could have a Friends List available n our profile. Means we could contact them more quickly instead of having to fish around for them across the forum.
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    This issue should now be fixed, @Floxy. :) 

    Mike & the team
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    The Mix said:
    This issue should now be fixed, @Floxy. :) 

    Mike & the team
    Thank you so much for your help. :)
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    Erm, every time I post, this "PostController" notice appears in the bottom left-hand corner of my screen. What is it, please?


    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • AbigailAbigail Carer/musician Posts: 504 Extreme Poster

    @Mike your worst nightmare has returned. This is sadly turning up again. On normal internet even though the picture shows data being used. 
    Some people think i am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    ^
    Tell me about it. This symbol causes me to refresh the screen constantly. Yet it still returns and sometimes I can't log out. :#
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 WorcestershirePosts: 693 Incredible Poster
    Abigail said:

    @Mike your worst nightmare has returned. This is sadly turning up again. On normal internet even though the picture shows data being used. 
    @abigail              This happens when I click on the different threads aswell but if I refresh it works 😂😂
    Sometimes in our lives we all have pain,We all have sorrow, But if we are wise, We know that there's always tomorrow.
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,906 Mega Poster
    Hey sorry, just have a sugesstion/question but maybe an option to get a notifcation for when someone puts a ‘hug’ on our comments could be or is it an option? Cause i think would just be a nice thing to be notified about & also wonder if sometimes it doesnt get notice when i do click on it for
    someone, as soemtimes can be easliy missed. 
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    Floxy said:
    Erm, every time I post, this "PostController" notice appears in the bottom left-hand corner of my screen. What is it, please?


    Hey @Floxy, this seems to happen with our accounts too. Usually refreshing the page seems to help with this problem. Does that work for you?

    @Abigail ; thanks for letting us know about this, we'll let our tech team know :)  

    @Shaunie This is a really nice suggestion. Unfortunately it's not possible to enable notifications for post reactions at the moment, but we'll pass the suggestion onto Vanilla. Hopefully it's something they can develop soon. 

    - Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    Refreshing the page no longer works. On first click I received this message:

    Comment not found.

    The comment you were looking for could not be found.

    Second click I got lucky. IMO, but vanilla sucks.

    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    edited October 2018
    @Floxy said:
    Refreshing the page no longer works. On first click I received this message:

    Comment not found.

    The comment you were looking for could not be found.

    Second click I got lucky. IMO, but vanilla sucks.

    Looks like we've found what's causing this. It seems to happen when you write a post, log out of that account (presumably in another tab), then try to post it. So if I started drafting this post in one tab, then logged into my personal account in another tab, I couldn't then post this with The Mix account. Hence the references to permissions and the 'post controller'. :)

    If you remain logged in to the account you used to draft the post, this shouldn't be an issue. Let us know if that fixes things. :) 

    Mike & the team
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    The Mix said:
    @Floxy said:
    Refreshing the page no longer works. On first click I received this message:

    Comment not found.

    The comment you were looking for could not be found.

    Second click I got lucky. IMO, but vanilla sucks.

    Looks like we've found what's causing this. It seems to happen when you write a post, log out of that account (presumably in another tab), then try to post it. So if I started drafting this post in one tab, then logged into my personal account in another tab, I couldn't then post this with The Mix account. Hence the references to permissions and the 'post controller'. :)

    If you remain logged in to the account you used to draft the post, this shouldn't be an issue. Let us know if that fixes things. :) 

    Mike & the team
    Hello Mike @The Mix

    The situation is, once having logging in, I stay logged in on the same tab. I do not open up a 2d tab. I Personally I find running multiple tabs when logging into The Mix forums is counterproductive. I did it just the once back in June.

    But when like Abigail encountered "Something has gone wrong" with the sad face image behind, then to overcome that, I simply backspace. Then I forward again to access the page I want and usually that clears it. Every time that "Somethig has gone wrong" reappears,I simply do as before.

    Thank you though. :)
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • AbigailAbigail Carer/musician Posts: 504 Extreme Poster
    @Floxy yeah I've had that message once or twice, I keep the number of tabs I have low generally and it still comes up. 
    Some people think i am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,906 Mega Poster

    Im sorry. This is gunna make me sound really stupid but has been annoying me ever since — is there an option to have 12 hour time? as for some reason, no matter how many times i read a 24 hour i just cant tell. My brains is really slow for that & just cant remember. No idea why. But anyway its not even the fact that i care about the times of posts- it just makes me feel really stupid & frustated for being stupid when seeing it lol. 


    I also wanted to say - we cant see who hugs or agrees to something on the activity wall part & dunno if meant to be like that or. 

    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    Thanks @Abigail ;  Perhaps we'll win out in the end.


    I propose (though this has not the first time of asking) that it would be great if we could not only give Hugs to someone, but also Agree.

    There are a great many posts which I agree with across the boards and would very, very much like to hug that person to make them feel cared for and their posts - appreciated. Sadly and annoyingly, the only option available is either Hugs  ~or~  Agree. Nurrr nurrr nurrr - that's not good enough! :/

    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Floxy said:
    I propose (though this has not the first time of asking) that it would be great if we could not only give Hugs to someone, but also Agree.

    There are a great many posts which I agree with across the boards and would very, very much like to hug that person to make them feel cared for and their posts - appreciated. Sadly and annoyingly, the only option available is either Hugs  ~or~  Agree. Nurrr nurrr nurrr - that's not good enough! :/


    This is something we're still looking into @Floxy - we'd like to try it out. :)

    Another idea we've thought about it changing the 'hugs' reaction to 'love'. The idea being it conveys the same sentiment as a hug, but can also be used to say you love something - whether that's an idea, a point someone has made, something cool they've created, etc. In theory, this might fix the issue you mentioned, but we're still figuring things out.

    Though keep in mind that we do also face technical limitations. As weird as it may sound, something as simple as your suggestion may not be possible with the tools we have. Being able to use one or the other should suffice most of the time. :) 
    Shaunie said:
    Im sorry. This is gunna make me sound really stupid but has been annoying me ever since — is there an option to have 12 hour time? as for some reason, no matter how many times i read a 24 hour i just cant tell. My brains is really slow for that & just cant remember. No idea why. But anyway its not even the fact that i care about the times of posts- it just makes me feel really stupid & frustated for being stupid when seeing it lol. 

    This doesn't sound stupid at all @Shaunie. :) We could do this, but it would need to be changed for everybody, so we'd need most people to be in favour of it. We'll throw up a poll and see what people think. Thanks for raising this.
    Shaunie said:
    I also wanted to say - we cant see who hugs or agrees to something on the activity wall part & dunno if meant to be like that or. 

    This is how activity walls work by default. :) Though we can check if it's possible to add them. Something we're investigating at the moment is whether we can have notifications for reactions, which should serve a similar purpose. We'll post an update on this when we have more info.
    Floxy said:
    The Mix said:
    @Floxy said:
    Refreshing the page no longer works. On first click I received this message:

    Comment not found.

    The comment you were looking for could not be found.

    Second click I got lucky. IMO, but vanilla sucks.

    Looks like we've found what's causing this. It seems to happen when you write a post, log out of that account (presumably in another tab), then try to post it. So if I started drafting this post in one tab, then logged into my personal account in another tab, I couldn't then post this with The Mix account. Hence the references to permissions and the 'post controller'. :)

    If you remain logged in to the account you used to draft the post, this shouldn't be an issue. Let us know if that fixes things. :) 

    Mike & the team
    Hello Mike @The Mix

    The situation is, once having logging in, I stay logged in on the same tab. I do not open up a 2d tab. I Personally I find running multiple tabs when logging into The Mix forums is counterproductive. I did it just the once back in June.

    But when like Abigail encountered "Something has gone wrong" with the sad face image behind, then to overcome that, I simply backspace. Then I forward again to access the page I want and usually that clears it. Every time that "Somethig has gone wrong" reappears,I simply do as before.

    Thank you though. :)

    Hmmm... just to check we're not getting mixed up here @Abigail @Floxy, are you referring to the 'something has gone wrong' message, or the 'postcontroller' message?

    We haven't had any problems with the first one coming for a while now, so that seems to be fixed.

    Thanks everyone. Keep 'em coming. :)

    Mike & the team
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Fanatical Poster
    I was referring to both, @Mike but let me have another look tomorrow because we've just arrived home from Mallorca and a turbulent flight, and I'm whacked.

    Ahh - the 'postcontroller' message appears to have gone. Not sure if the 'something has gone wrong' has settled, but we'll see tomorrow.

    Thanks for all your help!
    Mandy


    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,906 Mega Poster
    This doesn't sound stupid at all @ShaunieWe could do this, but it would need to be changed for everybody, so we'd need most people to be in favour of it. We'll throw up a poll and see what people think. Thanks for raising this.

    Ohh sorry, probably  ignore me then. Thought maybe was a quick way youd change it so it just goes with our phone times or an option for both or something ah. Probably only me who doesnt like seeing a 24 hour time ah


    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,906 Mega Poster
    @The Mix
    im guessin you meant to delete the food and drink subforum when you moved “whats on the menu” i cant find it now. And also style and apperance subforum?
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    Shaunie said:
    @The Mix
    im guessin you meant to delete the food and drink subforum when you moved “whats on the menu” i cant find it now. And also style and apperance subforum?
    One of the few to notice this @Shaunie. ;) 

    You're right - we deleted them both and moved their posts into the main Health & Wellbeing forum. They were first made when the boards functioned more like modern social media and were far busier, so having those extra spaces helped. Now, they're pretty dead, so we thought we'd tidy that forum up.

    Good spot!

    Mike & the team
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,906 Mega Poster
    Hi. I was using the search bar thingy to search something. But seems to not be working anymore?
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
  • The MixThe Mix Staff team Posts: 1,849 Moderator
    Shaunie said:
    Hi. I was using the search bar thingy to search something. But seems to not be working anymore?
    Thanks so much for flagging this @Shaunie! Not sure why it's not working anymore but I'll flag this to our tech team :) 

    - Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
  • hotcocoahotcocoa Posts: 36 Cool Newbie
    Just getting used to the boards, thanks for the info.
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 2,906 Mega Poster
    The Mix said:
    Shaunie said:
    also cant get youtube links to properly work
    In theory, just posting a YouTube link should get the video to display normally - is that what you're doing


    Hi.  Sorry hope not annoying. But The youtube links still dont work for a lot of people 

    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton 🌸🌸
Sign In or Register to comment.