Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    Skive said:
    Recently discovered a new genre that brings out some 80s nostalgia in me - Synth Wave

Dynatron - Pulse Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak1-qLbHHCM&list=PLjL15veRs1G9YORdXoSKYHSVuASNjc40B

Have you seen Drive, @Skive? That movie opened me up to this kind of music. It's so tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    Baby shark doo doo doo doo
    Baby shark
    Mummy shark doo doo doo doo
    Mummy shark
    Daddy shark doo doo doo doo
    Daddy shark
    Grandma shark doo doo doo doo 
    Grandma shark
    Grandpa shark doo doo doo doo
    Grandpa shark
    Let`s go hunt doo doo doo doo
    Let`s go hunt
    Run away doo doo doo doo
    Run away doo doo doo doo
    Run away doo doo doo doo
    Run away
    Safe at last doo doo doo doo
    Safe at last
    It`s the end doo doo doo doo
    It`s the end
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Listening to Sia - Unstoppable, thank you @Shaunie for the song :) 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Mike said:
    Skive said:
    Recently discovered a new genre that brings out some 80s nostalgia in me - Synth Wave

Dynatron - Pulse Power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak1-qLbHHCM&list=PLjL15veRs1G9YORdXoSKYHSVuASNjc40B

Have you seen Drive, @Skive? That movie opened me up to this kind of music. It's so tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
    I haven't. Will check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    When I was a teenager I was massively into happy hardcore. Yes it's cheesy, no it's not 'cool', even back then, but as the name implies it's happy, feel good, uplifting music. This is dripping with nostalgia for me, it take takes me back to a care-free time, and I still love it.
    Hardcore you know the score! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtFpq4XPr9I
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Rebel MC - Tribal Bass

Pretty much the track that led the creation of a whole genre. Jungle and D&B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMUqcTlvDtc
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Got a The 1975 party going on,  

My new favorite is "Its not living if it's not with you" but still love the classics :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    Renegade by Styx. Them harmonies tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Baby Shark doo doo doo doo 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    How long will I love you - Ellie Goulding 💖
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Let It Go
    Candyman
    Love Is An Open Doorrrrrrrr
    Frozen Heart
    Both versions of First Time In Forever
    A piece of music from frozen
  • Options

Love Jess Glynne’s new song <3<3

https://youtu.be/h0v30jKH958

“I won't wear makeup on Thursday
    I'm sick of covering up
    I'm tired of feeling so broken“

yeah same 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    The nights aviccii 
    Shaunie said:

Love Jess Glynne’s new song <3<3

https://youtu.be/h0v30jKH958

“I won't wear makeup on Thursday
    I'm sick of covering up
    I'm tired of feeling so broken“

yeah same 
    @shaunie love that song 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/pbMwTqkKSps

Billie Eilish - when the party is over

Also came across this about billie elish https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/boingboing.net/2018/11/20/billie-eilish-asked-same-inter.html/amp what a year a difference can make
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    The Mamma Mia 2 (Here we go again) soundtrack :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Honey Honey- Abba 
    So Long- Abba 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/BwyWmqV_RJc

Miss you every day Nanna. :heartbreak:
  • Options
  • Options
    Love that song and Small bump is a really nice but pulls at the heart string 💖
  • Options
    @Millie2787 I love all of Ed's songs :heart:
  • Options
    "You don't have to change a thing, the world could change it's heart"

:heart: 

• Options
    edited December 2018
    This week I have been mostly listening to hard trance anthems. Today it's Green Court - Follow Me (DJ JamX & De Leon DuMonde Mix)

Recorded at Slammin Vinyl back in 99 (I was there)  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUsIjoOBybg
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Rocking the classics this weekend with ones like

sweet like chocolate, 
    Heartbroken
    And H20 at the moment 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Lean on me - Bill withers 
    Especially thèse lyrics really echo what my friends have been these last few weeks 

Sometimes in our lives
    We all have pain, we all have sorrow
    But if we are wise
    We know that there’s always tomorrow

Lean on me when you’re not strong
    And I’ll be your friend, I’ll help you carry oSometimes in our lives

• Options
    And of course we can't forget baby cakes!  😂

Tried doing sweet like chocolate boy during singing lessons Thursday, not quite mastered it yet so I'll stick to Dido 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Do you wanna build a snowman just came on my christmas playlist :heart:

I'm a big kid at heart. :wink:
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/Qy9_lfjQopU

Remembering my Nanna, she loved musicals and this song was played at her funeral. :heart: