Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    edited June 2018
    Mike said:
    Riley said:
    Mike said:
    Kids With Guns by Gorillaz. Throwback to the first CD I ever bought myself. :open_mouth:

Oooh a nice choice Mike! I'm a big Gorillaz fan myself. :D Are you looking forward to their new album?
    Have to admit, didn't know they were releasing one, but I'll look out for it now. :tongue: Good to see a fellow fan around!
    I don't know if you've seen it Mike but they put out a new music video not too long ago to promote the new album, I'm already in love! :love: Here's hoping the full album is just as good. 

-Riley

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    https://youtu.be/UXzx--YefD8
    - this woman’s work, Kate Bush

Old. And sad. But still good & powerful song
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited June 2018
    Jess Gylnne - Dont be so hard on yourself

reminds me of when i went to V festival few years ago
    Nice when triggered happy memories☺️
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Weekender Offender 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Loads of EDM atm thats my go to during the warm season,  making a playlist and listening to some that I've added might put it on the spotify playlist thread if anyone's interested :)

Just as I was typing this it was Clean bandit symphony but now it's Zedd The middle haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2018
    Laine said:
     now it's Zedd The middle haha
    When I first heard this I had it on repeat for aaaaages. It's so catchy.

London Grammar - Everyone Else

Also @Riley that song is dope! Aaaah
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Among a large shipment of vinyl records and CDs that arrived today for me from my other home in England, I found this wonderfully evocative track of Al Stewart's News from Spain.

Tonight I'm listening to Cliff Richard on vinyl. The detail in these often rare vinyl recordings is astonishing and it sounds like he is standing here singing to us in our lounge.

Some People recorded in 1987 is my very favourite of all Cliff''s recordings. I hope you enjoy it, too.

Ahh, too late to include this wonderful trio of tracks by Ana Criado! Nevermind, better shared than never. :)

Tracklist.
    1. Ronski Speed feat. Ana Criado - A Sign (Original Mix)
    2. W&W feat. Ana Criado - Three O'Clock (Original Mix)
    3. Adrian & Raz feat. Ana Criado - Dancing Sea (Ayda Remix)

You know those times where you just feel really good and happy?  They're so lovely even if they are out the blue ❤
    As I said previously EDM always gives me happy feelings and so I had to put the boxhits on and low and behold one of my favourite anthems even if it doesn't make sense 😂😂

Galantis - Peanut butter jelly
    Followed by 
    Marshmello - Keep it mello

What a great day!

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

This is the instrumental version which I love the best of Soft Cell's Say Hello Wave Goodbye. Just beautiful and moving. The clarinet is absolutely superb. Just WOW especially towards the end! =)

Weekender Offender 
    Psychosomatic, addict, insane :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmHDhAohJlQ
    Weekender Offender 
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Cant get enough of that Lo-fi hiphop radio :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FlxM_0S2lA&t=2502s&frags=pl%2Cwn
    or when I'm feeling unto a louder beat the furious soundtrack- 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGMk_roNaE&frags=pl%2Cwn
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family

Just a little feel good tune to help enjoy the day! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited July 2018
    Chloe Lowery
    Kill Me With Your Love

And the fabulous Yanni & Chloe Lowery & Ender Thomas - Mi Todo Eres Tu - Live - HD

Nevermind - Dennis Lloyd

https://youtu.be/naW6-WxmMiU

Throw back to year 5. Anyone else study this in primary school? 
    Its sad but still quite like it 

https://youtu.be/0uHCMt3wm04
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Another emotional but stellar track from Dodie. A comforting listen when you're feeling low.

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Today I am loving the nostagia. Anybody who was a tennager in the 90's willrecognise these dance tracks brilliantly played on the piano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZizUlFbxs4
    Weekender Offender 
    This evening I'm listening to Joni Mitchell's Hejira, her full album on glorious vinyl. Having her entire collection in LP form, my listening just gets better and better each time I pput her record on my valve stereo. Hejira, IMO, must be her finest album. Glorious.

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Jax Jones - Ring Ring. Should probably turn the music down soon lol!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Jax Jones - Ring Ring. Should probably turn the music down soon lol!
    But probably enough still  to drown out your mum's enthusiastic decorating. :joy:

Last evening despite the heat I miked up me and my Martin, cranked up the amp and sang on aunt Fiona's terrace to a crowd below in Deià's village square. In the air hung a static of happiness and great feelings when under a dome of stars they all sang along to

and loads more of Joni. That night I came alive again, singing like I used to do, but this time as a solo artist in my own right.

This weekend I'm cutting my first album. Considering what I've been through, that's quite an achievement.

Happy weekend everyone!  =)

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    edited August 2018
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frt9aIAjEUU

I've been listening to this, this morning. @Aife might want to save it?

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Lady Antebellum - Need You Now in super audio. Just. Lovely.

Alice Merton -Lash out
    Post Malone - Leave

https://youtu.be/vLIs9eolQJU

I've gone back to my pop punk roots this morning with 

"How to hide your feelings" - by: Man Overboard 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈