Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

[UPDATE] Sunday Support Circles

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited October 2018 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone,

This is an update on one of our regular chat sessions: Sunday Support Circle.

As some of you will know, cancellations for these sessions haven't been uncommon. The reason this has been happening is simply due to lack of attendance. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - it just means we need to adjust the service we're providing slightly to match the demand you guys are showing for that space. :) 

We've been thinking about how we can do this, and we've decided that it makes sense to go down to one session per week for now. Tuesday is the more popular day and the one with fewest cancellations, so we've decided to discontinue Sunday sessions for now.

This may not be permanent - right now, we're just testing the waters to see how this works out. We're open to all feedback on this and may consider changing things up later (e.g. trying a different day). At the moment, this seems like a logical move to avoid some frustration, make sure we're making good use of our moderators, and measure the demand for Support Circle.

What do you think? Let us know your thoughts - as we said, we're open to all feedback on this. :)

Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,780 Master Poster
    I think that you should have support circle on Tuesdays and Fridays (because people might need support after a bad education/work week)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    ^ I agree with Kasa, I would be more likely to attend a Friday session 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I think keeping Tuesday is definitely working.

The issue with Friday is finding a mod willing to cover it and then it might upset people if circle was just on but not the other chats :)

If Tuesday is working and not getting too full I think it should be left as is at least for now :) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2018
    Oh. I never sign up or even read about support circle  (obvs am now) because i dont wanna use a space that someone else could have & not very good at supporting. Didnt realise you cancel them cause of attendance. Dont think you should do it on fridays tho 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited November 2018
    Thank you so much for the feedback, everyone. :)
    Kasa2103 said:
    I think that you should have support circle on Tuesdays and Fridays (because people might need support after a bad education/work week)
    Thoughtsy said:
    ^ I agree with Kasa, I would be more likely to attend a Friday session 
    Thanks for the suggestion, @Kasa2103 & @Thoughtsy. Unfortunately, Fridays are are a tricky day for us to expand to. As @Laine mentioned, finding mod cover for the end of the week is difficult, and we would like to have the session running alongside SC & GC. Running it on its own means it could become a funnel for everybody needing support, when really we'd like it to be for those who value that particular space and may not get on well with regular Support Chat.

That said, we will certainly see what days are most popular for chat as a whole and see if there's a different day worth trying out. :)
    Shaunie said:
    Oh. I never sign up or even read about support circle  (obvs am now) because i dont wanna use a space that someone else could have & not very good at supporting. Didnt realise you cancel them cause of attendance. Dont think you should do it on fridays tho 
    Thanks for the feedback @Shaunie. It would be interesting to know if others also feel this way.

What makes Support Circle is the way everyone is given a chance to be listened to without interruption or distraction. People who go don't need to be expert supporters or anything like that - it's just about showing we've heard someone and that we care, which can be a massive support in itself. Plus, there are always other members there to fill in the gaps for those not feeling talkative at the time.

There might be something we can do around letting people know how many spaces are left (e.g. by showing how many spaces are left on our announcement), because I imagine you're not alone there. :)
    Aidan said:
    Do you guys @TheMix have any idea why the support circle format has got less popular?
    This is a good question, @Aidan. Honestly, we're not sure - actually hoping you guys might be able to tell us this. :tongue:  
    Meggles said:
    Well I can barely do tuesdays anymore because of work
    Looks like I'm going with no support at all again.
    Thanks @The Mix
    Aww no - that's rubbish @Meggles. :( As we said in the main post, we're very open to trying different days a bit further down the line, so this schedule isn't set in stone. We'll probably see how this goes for a few weeks first just to gauge how much demand we have, then decide where we want to go with it.

We can't make the schedule work for everyone, but we will try and make things as inclusive as we can. :)

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone. Much appreciated!
    Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.