Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sad news

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
Hi everyone, @Floxy wanted me to tell you this, Floxy is in hospital with cellulitis. We all need to pray that Floxy gets better soon.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    AshleenAshleen Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
    Oh no I hope @floxy gets better soon. 
    Keep us posted please
  • Options
    SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Hi Kasa, 

Thanks so much for letting us know! We all hope floxy gets better soon, please say hi for us!
  • Options
    Ok. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    I told Floxy
  • Options
    nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hey Kasa2103,

We all wish the best for Floxy and hope for her quick recovery! Thanks for letting us know!

-Nish
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi Kasa2103,

That's awful to hear - do pass on our regards to her, and that we wish her a speedy recovery!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    edited June 2018
    Dearest @Kasa2103 and all my friends who have posted on this thread,

I was struck down with cellulitis caused by a tic bite that turned highly poisonous causing me dizziness, vomiting, sweats, chills and a lot more. I have been put on Flucloxacillin, but I have been steadily improving, much to my family and friends' relief. Because this nasty form of cellulitis could gone to my heart and I could be dead by now. I have been in serious pain, had terrible nights and lost a lot of weight. This is the first time I have been feeling well enough to come online.

I apologise for not replying to you guys @Azziman and @BubblesGoesBoo but I will catch up with you both by this coming weekend once I come home/ I still feel very week. Despite frequent visits from my loved ones and the hospital is lovely, I remain feeling distraught, helpless and vulnerable, for this is what serious illness causes.

I was taken to private hospital on the island where I remain.

I have to say though that I feel quite hurt that many who have not posted on Kasa's thread have wished me well. Many were told that I was ill. It would only have taken a couple of minutes to send me your best wishes, eh? In fact, so hurt I have felt these last 7 days since being rushed to hospital that I am seriously considering leaving the forum.

So I am off out of it now. It's time for my next live saving antibiotic.

Sending my love and hugs to those who have really cared for me, I remain true to you in friendship, as always.

Mandy x

Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2018
    Just chipping in here after seeing your update @Floxy - glad you're on the up. :) Sounds like a pretty scary thing to go through! Hospitals are never nice places to be, much less for something so serious.
    I have to say though that I feel quite hurt that many who have not posted on Kasa's thread have wished me well. Many were told that I was ill. It would only have taken a couple of minutes to send me your best wishes, eh? In fact, so hurt I have felt these last 7 days since being rushed to hospital that I am seriously considering leaving the forum.
    I will just add that there are a tonne of reasons people might not respond to threads. The day and time it's posted, whether they feel they can contribute something of value, etc. In the cases where someone posts on behalf of somebody else, they may not expect their response to reach that individual.

This isn't to say you can't feel a bit let down or hurt - you absolutely can - but I'd be hesitant to take this thread to mean people don't care about you. I've no doubt we all do, regardless of who ended up responding to this thread. :)
    Post edited by JustV on
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry @Floxy
    I care and thinking of you in diffult time. - im wishing you all the best & hope get better soon
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Thank you to all who have posted their well wishes on this thread.

Tonight I finally came home from hospital. My right leg is still swollen and hard to walk on, but I feel lots better. I have a bunch of antibiotics still to take among other meds, but though feeling tired and having to leave chat earlier for rest, I do feel happy.

Thank you @Mike for what you shared. :)

Mandy
  • Options
    Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 139 The Mix Convert
    @Floxy, I am really sorry, But I have only seen this. I really do hope you feel better and give you the best wishes.. If I would've seen this earlier I certainly would've posted. Please be aware, that there could be many a people who just haven't seen this- It doesn't mean they don't care. I'm here ok and wish you the very best. I hope to see you around.  Best regards, In_me
  • Options
    @Floxy, I am really sorry, But I have only seen this. I really do hope you feel better and give you the best wishes.. If I would've seen this earlier I certainly would've posted. Please be aware, that there could be many a people who just haven't seen this- It doesn't mean they don't care. I'm here ok and wish you the very best. I hope to see you around.  Best regards, In_me
    Thank you. So much. I realise now the board gets so busy that it's too easy to miss messages.

I will be around on the boards ok? But for a while not so often or at least until I feel stronger. Just taking the day as it comes, hour by hour you know? To get around the house without too much pain, this afternoon I ordered a 4-wheeler rollator with a seat. Then I can park my bum for a bit and in its front is a neat little basket I can put a bottle of water, a book and my phone. Dunno why I didn't think of it before. B)

While I remember, there's a high humidity/hot weather warning out for the weekend + Monday, temps 40 - 41C. I'll be offline during that time x
  • Options
    Can @The Mix close this thread now as it is no longer relevant?
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Kasa I'm sure they'll get back to you :)

The mix generally don't close threads unless people comment on them months or years later, I'm sure they will though upon request :) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Think they close thread if it gets brought back up
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Lol. 
    They close thread so it dont get brought back. But surely askig to close it on the thread is brinnging it back up. And maybe floxy didnt want that
    I made the thread so I can do what I want with it. 
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Shaunie said:
    Lol. 
    They close thread so it dont get brought back. But surely askig to close it on the thread is brinnging it back up. And maybe floxy didnt want that
    I made the thread so I can do what I want with it. 
    Yeah realise. Which is why i edited my comment. But its a general rule of manners to not reply to old threads. Esp if its not support for yourself and was for someone else. They may not want it brought back up.  
  • Options
    I am allowed to request for the thread to be closed. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I know
    Im just saying maybe more helpful for you to flag it up rather than commenting. Because what i thought was that threads gets closed if its brought back up. You commenting on it - is bringing it back up and confusing people on why we are seeing an old thread.

but yeah i shouldnt of commented my thoughts
    sorry
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Kasa2103 - we're always happy to close threads on request from the OP. Generally the quickest way is to flag the post and let us know that way, then it gets sent directly to moderators. :)

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.