Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pet pictures thread!

LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
I heard that pets and pictures of pets are a nice form of therapy for people who are stressed, so I thought I'd put a thread here just for people to post pictures of their pets, to make the world go "aww" :)

Preferred format is a picture of the pet, with a description of the pet's name, breed and what they're doing on the picture.This is my best friend, Illiya. (Illy) for short. She's a golden labrador cross, and she loves cuddles and sitting in your lap. On this photo we were trying out two different items that were bought for the dogs - a lion's mane and some 'doggles' (Sunglasses/goggles for dogs) - and created the Doggy Osbourne look!
What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    This is my lurcher roxi - we recused her coming up to 3 years ago and she was lay next me to me on my carpet for cuddles ❤️
    Were looking at getting her registered as my PAT dog - but need to  get her used to other strangers 😂😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    Another picture of my beautiful best friend <3
     Silly Illy - she was asking for a piece of jaffa cake (Her favourite food) and pulling faces at me while she waited for me to 'accidentally' drop some crumbs. She so beautiful <3
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    just found this on one of the photographs pages for this film and i thought of @Mike with his current profile pic what is bonkers but lovely. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    @Abigail When I saw this comment all I saw was the picture and thought you were going to say mike was your pet or something xD

I agree it's a similar pic though. It's inspiring me to make my own picture like that 'cos I'm a massive dog and wolf fan.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    SO much love for this thread. I'll dig out some good photos. Can definitely see the likeness, @Abigail - that's wicked.

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    @mike I'm really happy you like this thread! :D 

I'll dig out some more pictures too. This time of the beautiful lil girl that lives with us, rather than my nan's dog.

This beauty, is Greta, an Alsatian. She's 10 here, and she's like a puppy. She knows all her toys by name, she's extremely intelligent and loves cuddles. We had her when she was 5, just as I had gone through a trauma. I was struggling from the trauma, the death of our previous dog and just life in general. When my mom brought her in she came straight up to me, on to the settee and lay on top of me. She pretty much became an unofficial therapy dog to me. 

My mom has trouble walking her sometimes, because she pulls a lot, but for some reason she seems to respect me when I'm walking her. Won't pull too far, listens to commands, etc etc. It was with this that I found my affinity for training dogs. I've trained her with so many tricks and such that she can do a whole lot of stuff now, and I'm almost certain that she can understand what we say to her word for word, because she will sit and look at us and listen and her ears twitch and move, and she'll do exactly what we say to her.

In the picture we're playing. That's where I tap her and she tries to grab my hand. She's so gentle, she doesn't even leave any indents. I got this picture at the point where she had looked away from me after hearing a noise ("SQUIRREL?") and I tapped her like that. She gave me such a look, like I had just cheated and she was disgusted xD
    Also this video, I HAD to share it. I've gone almost to tears laughing at it several times, I just can;t stop watching it. It's not my pet, but it's guaranteed to make you giggle :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQNL83fhWJU
    Ive just dug out some more photos of my baby girl roxi - even though she’s a pain she’s the absolute world with me and when I was at my lowest point last year and ended up with a Police welfare check at 1am in the morning she was there and I stayed with her whilst not co-operating with the police but she convinced me to  becasye I couldn’t bare the thought of being sectioned 136 and having to be away from her ........ 
    prepare for roxi spam 
    she is my absolute world and be i don’t know what I would do without her ❤️🐶 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @Millie2787 She's gorgeous!

LabraBell said:
    @Millie2787 She's gorgeous!

@LaraBell thank you but she’s also a pain  😂🤣
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    (Hes a bichon frise crossed shih tzu). Teddy before his hair cut

Afterr.  
    Umm where has my dog gone lol  looks so different. He got full cut today and basically has no hair atm. He is so cold so had to get him more jumpers and coat today. ah i cant wait for his hair to grow back. But Still soo cute thoo😭 <3<3 🐶🐶
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    @Shaunie that haircut has made Teddy live up to his name, he's an adorable lil teddy bear in that second pic! <3
    edited October 2018
    LabraBell said:
    @Shaunie that haircut has made Teddy live up to his name, he's an adorable lil teddy bear in that second pic! <3
    Ah @LabraBell

i mean, what is the difference ? 😂...different colour jumpers haa

ahahah  I had to cross out the “After” because it looked like he was an actual teddy bear then came to life after lol 😂 cant get orginal photo cause was on my sisters snapchat😭such cute photo tho😭

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Aww @Shaunie your dog is so cute! 

I saw this cute puppy video on Instagram and thought I'd share it. It's very cute!

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    edited October 2018

He is so cutee 😭😭 <3<3<3<3
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    aw thats such a cute video @Aife i always see cute dogs on instagram cause im always searching into instagram #puppies or i look at the accounts with cute dogs. Is so cute😭
     Tempts me to make an instagram account for my dog lol

Heres my best friend and   ̶M̶e̶ 

Had Been too playful this morning. He is such a morning dog -.- do try not to cry while i havw had about 4 hours sleep lol

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Meggles that's not a cat, thats a demon!  :open_mouth: 

Meanwhile I managed to snap this picture of Greta a couple days ago. It makes me all warm inside when I see it so I wanted to share it <3
       Hahah. I do try to not laugh at him when he is walking around like this incase he gets upset ha. But so cute and funny ha

My roxi roo when we popped up to see Albie 💖
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Took this picture earlier while on a walk.never thought I could get a shot like this. By the way this is hotdogs and biscuits not Annie 😂😂she doesn't respond to her real name. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Awe so photogenic Abi!  😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    edited December 2018
    The amount of times I had to take this, but she still looks grumpy xD

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hope it's okay if I share some old photos of Rosie  just digging through them 💕

Them eyes always got me x

there was always plenty of bed to shuffle down I swear she just like laying against the armchair 😂  (sorry the quality is rubbish it was in the time of gamecubes and DS's so I took them on that 😂)
    she do a concern 😂

That bloody sock 😂😂

I've got loads but don't want to spam haha xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    @Laine don't worry about spamming, I love pet pictures and the more the merrier <3

Ha. Christmas puns :3

Greta playfully pulling on my sleeve and chewing my hand gently.

All I'd have to do is say "ouch!* And she'd stop and start kissing my hand instead 😍