Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A message about Rosie

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited June 2018 in Community Announcements
Hey folks,

We're posting with an update on Support and General Chat Moderator, Rosie.

Due to some health issues, Rosie is going to be spending some time in hospital. She has been deteremined to stay involved with The Mix for as long as possible, but has now made the decision to stop modding for the foreseeable future while she focuses on her recovery.

Rosie has built a lot of relationships on this community, and she's keen to let everyone know where she's at and why you won't be seeing her around for now. She wants everyone to know that this is a 'see you soon' rather than a 'goodbye'. :)

I'm sure you'll all join us in sending love to Rosie and wishing her the best for her recovery. :heart:

Aife & Mike
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Aw I hope she feels better soon and all goes well! She's definitely one of my favourite mods always so nice and sweet <3 

She will be greatly missed but it's best for her health and so I'm happy with the decision :) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I'm so sad, for Rosie was such a lovely mod and especially kind to me. I hope her recovery goes well and she receives the help and support she needs. Please send my loving best wishes to her.

Stay strong Rosie. We are holding you in our hearts.
    Au revoir for now.

<3
    Mandy

• starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Aww I’m sorry to hear this! I hope Rosie feels better soon and I’m thinking of her. She was always so kind and friendly to me, I’ll miss her lots.  <3
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Aww she was the bestest mod. Gona miss her. I hope she recovers xx
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Omg I have only just seen this. Oh bless her. Health comes first for all who support others. 
    Wednesday chats will have a whole in it.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    I feel so bad about Rosie. We should make a virtual get well soon card from the mix
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    What a super idea! Thank you Kasa, this is very thoughtful of you!  =)
    Do you think that Aife and Mike like the idea
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    edited June 2018
    Kasa2103 said:
    Do you think that Aife and Mike like the idea
    I don't know, but I'll tag Aife and Mike now @The Mix
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited July 2018
    Thank you all for your lovely messages, we've shared the link to this thread with Rosie so she can see all of your messages. <3

A virtual card sounds like a lovely idea @Kasa2103. I've just put together this message board with all of your messages. I'll keep adding new messages on and send it to Rosie. Let me know if you'd like me to add any other messages :) 

https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/F3GKZU4K 

- Aife
    Post edited by TheMix on
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    edited July 2018
    I added something already
    Thanks @Kasa2103 I've updated your message. Let me know if it all looks okay :) 

- Aife

The Mix said:
    Thanks @Kasa2103 I've updated your message. Let me know if it all looks okay :) 

- Aife
    I already made my one but thank you anyway
    How very caring of you, @Kasa2103 :)
    Floxy said:
    For what
    Kasa2103 said:
    Floxy said:
    For what
    That you cared enough for Rosie to go ahead and make her a virtual get well soon card all by yourself. I think that was very sweet of you. :)

edited July 2018
    Floxy said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Floxy said:
    For what
    That you cared enough for Rosie to go ahead and make her a virtual get well soon card all by yourself. I think that was very sweet of you. :)

How do you think she`ll react? 
    Kasa2103 said:
    Floxy said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Floxy said:
    For what

How do you think she`ll react? 
    I think Rosie would be very appreciative of your doing  that. Anyone would :)
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    I'm so sorry to hear that Rosie isn't doing well - I wish her a speedy recovery! We're all waiting for her to return x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I hope that whatever has happened will be beaten by a tough person like you. We are all on your side. ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aw, im wishing all the best for Rosie’s recovery & hope shes taking good care of herself 
    x <3

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    How is Rosie?
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I hope Rosie makes a full recovery soon :)  <3<3
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    Eyepatch said:
    I hope Rosie makes a full recovery soon :)  <3<3
    Same 
    Kasa2103 said:
    How is Rosie?
    We're keen to give Rosie her privacy so we won't be posting updates. Thank you all for the kind messages - Rosie is getting the care she needs. :)

Mike

• fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Rosie yet but I’m sending hugs and I hope she is doing okay and makes a full recovery ♥️ 

Best Wishes
    Lauren x

« I have been through hell but the best is yet to come «