Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling Low

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks...im a mess and its not even until tomorrow!! God knows what I'll be like by then!

If possible just try and focus on things minute by minute rather than looking and thinking about what's to come.

Thinking of you *hug*
  • Options
    I think I slept and had cuddles - I'd gone into the temp job where I was working at the time and had to go home, I was just dribbling tears everywhere.

You're grieving, you're allowed to be a mess. Got someone for hugs?
  • Options
    I'm working which I think is the best place for me. My team are pretty awesome. As you can tell by the time I'm not going to get any sleep tonight and I'm already having panic attacks. Just going to take the day as it comes...
  • Options
    How are you doing lovely. Sorry not been replying on your thread. I know the no sleep. Think I had about 3 hrs last night. Yey to pro plus and coffee.
    Sleepy.com. Hugs to you lovely. Here for you. :) xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    Thanks - tearful already and anxious about going into work which seems stupid! Have to do it eventually though so will probably leave now...Just feels strange...just feels like I'm a year too late to be refusing to leave the house - had I done this, this exact time last year he may still be here...
  • Options
    I really dont know what to say. Im sorry but i want you to know I do care. And I am here for you. I am just heading to nursery now. But feel free to pm me. I may be able to offer some advice when ive had a coffee and woken up lol.
    If you do pm ill reply when I get home.
    Take care hun :) xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    Get your backside into work, crack on with one of those admin jobs you've been putting off forever - and have something with blackcurrant cordial in with your lunch in the pub. Then you can dye your tongue purple and everyone can laugh at you.
  • Options
  • Options
    The video is awesome :) I made it into work...just.
  • Options
    I'm feeling suicidal after today which is a little ironic but truthful...Who knew it could ever be this hard :crying:
  • Options
    Hugs honey, sorry that I didn't spot this yesterday.

How are you feeling today? Have you had any progress with work counselling? Have you booked another doctor's appointment?

Simplest thing - have you had a hug from anyone?
  • Options
    No need to apologise you do more than enough!
    I'm just really teary and trying desperately to hold it together but failing miserably!
    If I get a chance I'm going to phone the work one today...not sure what to do on the GP front...
    Nope...no hugs today...just supposed to be back to normal now apparently...
  • Options
    You can have an eHug from me today if that's any use at all.

It's also probably not much comfort, but the bit after an anniversairy has definitely sometimes been harder for me than the day itself. At least on the day there's usually someone in your life who has some clue that things might be less than great and is looking out for you. What they don't seem to consider is that the date clicking over on the calendar doesn't magically make everything better again and you're left to deal with the after math on your own.

Did you get to the pub for lunch yesterday? How was it? If you didn't, hope you got something suitable to make up for it.

I know I've mentioned it before, but splurging at a live person can sometimes be massively helpful. Your GP doesn't sound like the kind who can help there, but Samaritans phone line might be good (depends slightly on who you get) or your uni might have a listening service (different to the counselling service).

Hugs.

xx

(On an unrelated note, the sun is shining where I am, that's pretty much headline newsworthy).
  • Options
    Thank you :)

It definitely is really hard...I still feel like I'm literally reliving the whole of last year all over again...its so hard and so draining.

Yep we went to the pub...I didnt eat because I just felt sick from nerves and I practically cried my way through the whole thing because I just felt kind of disrespectful to him but I appreciated the support from the team.

I really dont feel comfortable talking to the samaritans on the phone and the bill is checked...I know I could ask them to call me back but I just feel awkward...I also didn't get a chance to call the work people about counselling again as their was no private office available due to training courses and meetings being held...but I might be able to early next week or they may have called me back by then.

I'm very jealous of your sunshine! Cold and cloudy here! xx
  • Options
    Well when i feel low i try to do other things so like

painting my nails
    having a bath
    doing my hair

wash up
    clear the house
    sort a cupped out

go see friend
    go to the park
    go to the pickturse
    go see family
    go for a walk
    go swimming
    go for a run
  • Options
    How are you doing WhiteLillies?
  • Options
    Very stressed and very overwhelmed but apparently it's not important so to everyone else I'm doing really well...
    Are you ok??
  • Options
    I woke myself up last night trying to pull my hair out!?!? I had also thrown some stuff around my room which is something I've done before when I've been stressed but never the hair pulling thing...it kind of freaked me out if I'm honest...
  • Options
    I would still attribute it to stress - and again, my only recommendations for it really are counsellor and doctor. how are you doing with those?
  • Options
    I'm going to call the counselling people again today as I still haven't heard from them. I wrote my Dad a very angry letter last night - that made me feel better :)
  • Options
    That's a good start! How are other things holding up?
  • Options
    House move is stressful and I'm really struggling with the contents of my new uni assignment but I'm off work for 3 days which is helping out massively...I might just not go back lol!
  • Options
    http://www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/SoulPancake-Chatterbox-Video

Made me tear up a little :D

Rest is good for you - how would you feel about the doctor signing you off for a bit? Mental health is a very valid reason for sick leave.
  • Options
    I love this - thank you for sharing :)

To be honest I would welcome it but I wouldn't know how to approach it with my GP and my work wouldn't be too happy. They have offered me two weeks study leave but I can't afford to take so much time off unpaid - at least with a sick note I would be paid.
  • Options
    The GP has a record of some of your problems - go back, tell her how it has escalated, and also mention how the time off has helped. Say that all the added pressures are causing you to suffer from stress but that the respite has helped and you just need to extend the breather a little.

Sure, work are never happy, but they need to care about employee mental health as well. It's better that you have a short time off now than a long time later.
  • Options
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    Sure, work are never happy, but they need to care about employee mental health as well. It's better that you have a short time off now than a long time later.

:yes: