Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

H&WB Rants threads

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    piccolo wrote: »
    Boots sell tension-headache tablets which have codeine in and are very good. Is there any work you can do away from the computer?

Can't get to Boots, because it is in town and I am...not in town. And non :(. I have some paracetamol-codeine stuff at home which I am going to take double the recommended dosage of as soon as I get home.
  • Options
    Post-exam mood chaos :(
  • Options
    Been sick (involuntarily) twice since lunchtime. My stomach is cramping and knotty and eugh. Have barely eaten since breakfast (sultana bran) and everything I HAVE eaten has gone LOLNO.

Bath. Bed. Sleep. Sod Slimming World. I need those things more than I need to be told that my empty stomach has made me half a lb less than last week or something.
  • Options
    I hate to be boring, but is slimming world a good idea when you're not 100% over your eating problems?

Sympathy over the being sick, though, I've had vomitiness over the last few days and it totally sucks. I find nice bread, dry, is a good thing to eat because I can keep it down. And lots of water to avoid more headaches.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I hate to be boring, but is slimming world a good idea when you're not 100% over your eating problems?

Sympathy over the being sick, though, I've had vomitiness over the last few days and it totally sucks. I find nice bread, dry, is a good thing to eat because I can keep it down. And lots of water to avoid more headaches.

Slimming World is more for solidarity with my mum. Who doesn't (and won't ever) know about my eating problems.

Not sure if we've got nice bread. Don't feel like anything right now :(
  • Options
    So I have an exam tomorrow (probably mentioned it get a bit obsessive-anxious about exams) and I'm not quite ready for it. Read: not remotely ready for it / going to fail. Currently having massive panic-attack type anxiety but it's not about exams. No, current anxiety is over the fact I look like a whale.

When I should be worrying about my exams all I seem to be able to do is obsess about my weight.

All because I had to fill in a new patient form for my surgery and they made me calculate my own BMI. :crying:
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    *hug* I hope the exam went the best it could do.
  • Options
    Next one is in an hour and a half and I slept so badly that I can't move my neck. Not an auspicious start.
  • Options
    You are not necessarily going to fail. Have some breakfast, turn up and give it your best shot. You'll be surprised what you can pull out of the bag.

With your neck - I found this exercise really good when mine was stupidly stiff, and it came with physio recommendation.

Starting with your head wherever it is, make 10 tiny weeney wide to side movements, like your nose is going from one side to the other of a 50p piece.
    Then do 10 similarly tiny up and down, again, nose only moving as much as a 50p piece.

Then do 10 tiny circles one way, again around the imaginary coin.
    Then do 10 tiny circles the other way , round the coin.

Then a gentle all around wriggle.
  • Options
    Hey, body?

I washed my drinks bottle. I have been eating properly today and pretty exclusively good shit has gone down my throat since I first started being sick over two weeks ago. Lunch was a ham sandwich on rye bread, a banana, an apple and a not-quite-ripe nectarine.

WHY, oh body, are you wanting me to be throwing up again? STOP IT. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT.
  • Options
    Things in squash (any flavour, apparently) that could be making me sick: GO!