Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

H&WB Rants threads

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Leaking boobs. In public. Foul mood. Hate breastfeeding.
    This day is turning into the worst. day. ever.

On top I started getting bitter at the lack of help from my parents the entire past month and especially this week. I didn't even ask for much but no they're just too busy to care.

Can't get anything done today as I can't leave baby-who-refuses-to-sleep unattended for as much as a second but screw that if I don't take anything with me for tomorrow's flight then so be it.

Just so sad/bitter that not a single thing can be put aside to give me mere 2 or 3 hours free from baby. I could do almost everything I need in that amount of time. Mom's summer holidays have started already but hey, spring cleaning is really important right when I could really really really use some help.

Bah, just cried my way through a phonecall with blokey. It was therapeutic though. Can't wait to get a hug from him tomorrow. Everything will be so much easier after we meet again.

Had to get this out of my system alright. Baby fell asleep while I wrote this/talked on the phone so I'm going to attack the dog and cut her nails. She's going to a doggy hotel and I'm nervous about how that'll affect her. :nervous:
    I feel stressed, *sighs* i think the last few days have reflected that.
    I feel stressed, *sighs* i think the last few days have reflected that.

What has happened over the last few days?
    Being far too sensitive to everything now. First, it was sound and lights and now it's certain textures. :(
    just. meh. everything is getting to me again.
    My ability to fall over everything. :( It bloody hurts.
    I can't express myself any more
    piccolo wrote: »
    I can't express myself any more

I am sorry to hear that Piccolo, why do you feel like you can no longer express yourself, maybe we can help you? *hug*'s

Take care
    DD
    I am sorry to hear that Piccolo, why do you feel like you can no longer express yourself, maybe we can help you? *hug*'s

I've been saying the same things for ten years, there comes a point where there's nothing more to say, that's all.

I don't think I can even be bothered to worry about it any more.
    I feel like fucking myself right off.
    I'm losing control again.
    I want to go outside but my arms are bleeding too much. I have a stinking cold but no money to buy cold and flu medication with.
    Cut for the first time in ages, was bound to happen sooner or later. At least it's warm out tonight.

On the plus side free tinterweb on phone until my battery runs out, love it.
    I managed to calmly tell my GP all the distressing stuff but when she said, "Is the metformin actually working?" in a slightly incredulous voice I assumed she was having a dig at my weight and broke down.

I've started feeling awful again.
    Getting p*ssed off with citalopram. My legs, back and arms pretty much constantly ache. Also been getting shocking headaches. Had one on Thursday which hit me mid phonecall with a customer, it hurt so badly and suddenly I started crying. Now feel like an idiot. Got sent home, saw the doctor who told me it's normal side effects and to think how much worse I would feel if I wasn't taking it. I've had pretty much constant s/h suicidal thoughts since :grump: Anyone else experienced anything similar whilst taking ADs?
    I know a lot of people who've had problems with citalopram but not with other SSRIs, you need to talk to the doctor about changing if this has been going on longer than a month (it is possible for ADs to make certain symptoms of depression worse). See a different one at your surgery if necessary.
    I wish I had more energy to do things I enjoy.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I wish I had more energy to do things I enjoy.

Me too. Maybe when I'm back we can motivate one another.
    Oh, hello, side-effects. Wondered when you'd kick in... :(
    Oh, hello, side-effects. Wondered when you'd kick in... :(

What is giving you side effects hon?
    Increased carbamazepine. And I'm increasing forever (almost) because I've been left on a silly dose for ages (100mg, recommended minimum is 400mg, GP reckons I should be aiming for 800mg-1g increasing in 100mg increments)
    Back to feeling really ropey tonight. Was feeling a bit low but my mentor cancelled seeing me tomorrow and for some reason that's made me feel worse.

(I don't mean, this is all someone else's fault, or anything like that, it just happened to be the trigger as far as I can tell.)
    How easy it is for me to pull muscles. Always the same ones too. :(
    Drunk, aggressive, ignorant people is what I hate. This city seems full of them today. Can tell it's going to be a looong night :(
    I was going to be productive today and go to the gym.

So my head chose today to give me what feels like the start of a migraine.
    Leave work if you can, eat a banana (I'm not joking my friend swears by them) and take strong painkillers before lying down in a darkened room.

Computers and migraines don't mix.
    Leave work if you can, eat a banana (I'm not joking my friend swears by them) and take strong painkillers before lying down in a darkened room.

Computers and migraines don't mix.

Can't leave work. Mother will insist that I'm being a hypochondriac. I want to go to bed and sleep.
    Can't leave work. Mother will insist that I'm being a hypochondriac. I want to go to bed and sleep.

If you don't go home now I can't imagine you'll make it in tomorrow.
    If you don't go home now I can't imagine you'll make it in tomorrow.

I'm hoping beyond hope that it's just a bad headache. I've got the nausea as well, though, so it's unlikely. Sigh. Where's the ibuprofen...
    Boots sell tension-headache tablets which have codeine in and are very good. Is there any work you can do away from the computer?