Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

H&WB Rants threads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For all of those rants that don't quite fit into the Anything Goes - I poured my pasta into the sink rants thread.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you :) This thread is much appreciated :)

I am struggling to keep myself on the right track. I've spent such a long time controlling myself and it's getting difficult. Whilst living the madness almost ruined me at least it wasn't a long slow death. I'm not sure I was cut out for an ordinary life :S Cryptic rant over!!
    That's really cryptic.
    My nose being constantly full of crap.
    Feeling i've walked into an awkward situation and i'm feeling guilty.
    I almost couldn't get temazepam from the pharmacy (with a valid prescription) because I don't carry proof of ID (because I don't drive) but thankfully my college ID also serves as proof of address so I was allowed to take it. I nearly started crying in the pharmacy because I haven't had a good night's sleep for two weeks and is the last attempt to sort that out.
    Stupid people
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I wish I could make the scars go away, I'm not a Emo, but feel free to make fun of me any time you like, I don't care no more :(
    Apparently, I've been taking medication on and off for 4 years that I shouldn't be, due to bowel problems. I was never informed (I found out accidently) that there's some medication I shouldn't be taking.
    I have all sorts of aches and pains (mostly my own fault somehow or another) and I constantly feel like no one can make this better. I just get summoned to the doctor's occasionally to ensure I'm still breathing.
    My aches and pains are stopping me knitting and knitting is what stops anything getting more hurt. Vicious cycle. :(
    I seem to massively overuse this thread. Sorry.

I am still running even though my mood plummets afterwards but I don't understand why I'm not losing weight when I have moderated my eating (in a good way) and I'm running between 25 and 30km each week. :crying:
    I fell over yesterday. Both knees are bruised. I've also injured both arms somehow. :(
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I hate thinking to much, then not being able to go to sleep with out taking a few pills :(
    Waiting ages for referrals. Waited 14 months for something I was told would be 12. Was told in January and then March it would be 3 months for another.
    Hey body, how about you let me get some fucking sleep now so I'm not waking up exhausted every morning?
    piccolo wrote: »
    I am still running even though my mood plummets afterwards but I don't understand why I'm not losing weight when I have moderated my eating (in a good way) and I'm running between 25 and 30km each week. :crying:

Have you spoken to the doctor about your weight and moods in any great detail? If you're doing plenty of exercise, eating sensibly and you're still gaining weight and suffering from bad depression, there may be another underlying problem- one thing that springs to mind would be poly-cystic ovary syndrome, especially if you have painful menstruation as well.
    Have you spoken to the doctor about your weight and moods in any great detail? If you're doing plenty of exercise, eating sensibly and you're still gaining weight and suffering from bad depression, there may be another underlying problem- one thing that springs to mind would be poly-cystic ovary syndrome, especially if you have painful menstruation as well.

I have PCOS, it's medicated as well as it can be (pill, anti-androgens and metformin)
    It's probably not much comfort, but weight management issues are common with PCOS, as is depression, and what you eat and drink doesn't always matter much. Can the GP help at all with that?
    It's probably not much comfort, but weight management issues are common with PCOS, as is depression, and what you eat and drink doesn't always matter much. Can the GP help at all with that?

I'll try and talk to my GP but the usual response is that, basically, I'm lying about what I eat and how much I exercise or the metformin would be helping me lose weight :rolleyes: Does wonders for all my eating issues
    I'll try and talk to my GP but the usual response is that, basically, I'm lying about what I eat and how much I exercise or the metformin would be helping me lose weight :rolleyes: Does wonders for all my eating issues

Do him a food diary and an exercise diary and shove it under his nose.
    Hey body, how about you let me get some fucking sleep now so I'm not waking up exhausted every morning?

I wish mine would do the same. I really don't like waking up at 6am nearly every single morning.
    I called my therapist yesterday because my first appointment was supposed to be this afternoon but there's too many people taking holiday today for me to take time out so I needed to change it. She didn't answer so I left a message saying that I couldn't make today but I could do Thursday and could she please call me back.

My appointment was supposed to be in two and a half hours and I haven't had a call back from here. I called her at lunchtime yesterday.

If I have to go back through the fucking referral process AGAIN because of this I am going to scream.
    If I have to go back through the fucking referral process AGAIN because of this I am going to scream.

don't worry, you won't.

did you call their direct line or leave a message with the receptionist? whichever you did, if you hear nothing back then do the other.
    omg hi wrote: »
    don't worry, you won't.

did you call their direct line or leave a message with the receptionist? whichever you did, if you hear nothing back then do the other.

I called her direct mobile. I know it's still in service because it's the same one she used to try and call me (and not leave a message) from last week and it's the same as on the letter they gave me.

If I haven't heard from her by tomorrow afternoon I'll call the landline number that was on the letter.
    You won't have to. Might be worth leaving a message for your GP as well to keep them in the loop just in case there's a problem.

Call again. You're not nagging, you're trying to ensure she doesn't waste time waiting for you.
    You won't have to. Might be worth leaving a message for your GP as well to keep them in the loop just in case there's a problem.

Call again. You're not nagging, you're trying to ensure she doesn't waste time waiting for you.

Well she called me at 2.30 and AGAIN DIDN'T LEAVE A MESSAGE, so I'll call her at lunch tomorrow and ask.
    My mum tells me to call her whenever, etc., but for two weeks she's either not been taking my calls or saying she'll call me back and not doing.

I get it, she is obviously not in a position to cope with me right now, but I don't have anyone else.
    Hate looking at scars knowing that I am still S/H on my legs :(
    Horror stories. All I want is information regarding this operation. I don't really want to know that I could end up with eye infections and other nasty stuff.
    My gums around my fucking wisdom teeth are swollen and really painful (can someone remindme to call the dentist next week?), my sunburn hurts and my wrist doesn't like me doing knitting.