Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ex found new guy, struggling to deal and no friends for support

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i agree with deleting her as a friend on facebook, you know what in the long run you could still be friends without using facebook, people were friends before it was invented. i split up with my boyfriend two months ago and we deleted each other (a mutual decision) and i think its been a lot better without it, i cant over analyse everything thats on his page and he said he used to get upset over my status updates because he wasnt involved in them anymore (ie if i was talking about stuff and he didnt know about it, cos we werent together anymore etc). i think its been less hurtful for us both to not be facebook friends anymore, and we are still friends in 'real life'.

Interestring, the exact opposite has happened with me and my ex, I joined Facebook after our relationship ended in Sept and soon after he was asking for me to be his friend on Facebook, I was a bit reluctant but after about a month I went ahead and added him. I figured I had no reason not to be a friend. We chat on their everyday but I prefer to keep it as an on line thing and not to see him in person. I did meet him twice after our break up and if just felt uncomfortable to me. The end of our relationship was mutual or it was at the begining, I am not so sure now. Now I am dating again and the new guy is also on Facebook. A few times the ex has wanted to know where I am going or exactly what I am doing and I just give him a vague response because really since our relationship is no more it's none of his business and I don't want him to feel hurt either. I do think he knows I am seeing someone else at this point because he isn't as chatty with me as he once was. He even posted one night last week asking if he could call me to chat over the phone and I told him no it's just best to do that on here. Moving on is really hard at this point because I do really still care about my ex and this gives me more to think about.....maybe I would be better not having the contact even on FB?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey dudes. You are probably right. Things are looking up now, even though I am not having anything spectacular to do. I think it is just weekends when I'm on my own more and part of my brain is expecting her to come visit - and even if she doesn't just the little messages she sent that were pretty indirectly harsh by not really giving any weight to everything. Like pretending things are hunky dorey.

She actually did send me a message last night, though it was pretty devoid of emotion. Just a simple message online saying "heard about skye [my dog that was put down yesterday], hope you're ok".

I took heart from the fact that loads of my friends were nice about it though. Still, baby steps :).