Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anal issues

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tinkler wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/haemorrhoids1.shtml

"Piles are incredibly common - at least 50 per cent of people suffer with them at some time."
    Symptoms: "Itching. Piles can cause intense itching of the skin around the back passage."

:crazyeyes :nervous: Fuck. Never bleeds but does itch. Not all the time, just sometimes after going to the loo. Fuck. Worried now. Thanks for recognising the symptoms x

Well if it is piles then for most people it's really not too bad so I wouldn't worry too much about piles :) Especially if they are just small ones, the amount of discomfort you have well you already know as you feel it. Some people get it really bad but for most it is quite a minor complaint. I know I've been making a major fuss about mine but well I don't have much to fill my days with at the moment so I get obsessed with this sort of issue when it affects me and for me the main struggle is all the past issues it brings up in my mind, it's that which is so much harder for me to cope with than the present reality of a few piles. Hmmm... I was trying to sound reassuring, I hope I didn't come across as dismissive, I didn't meant to at all, it is scary when there is something a bit wrong and you don't know what it is :) If it continues to be an issue then get to the doctor to be checked out or at least to have talk to the doctor about it. x
  • Options
    I think maybe I have IBS. The piles are really bad now too. I can't face my life right now.
  • Options
    RG, just ignore them. They may hurt but they wont kill you and theres a good chance they will get better on their own.Can you put haemmerhoid cream on them somehow?
    If more treatment was needed would you just not have it, or would you have it if you were sedated or something?
    What are your options?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I think maybe I have IBS. The piles are really bad now too. I can't face my life right now.

I've been diagnosed with IBS, if you ever want any help or guidance over things which can benefit, such as peppermint- e.g. tea, or ginger- crystalised, tea etc, then drop me a PM, I didn't want to hijack your thread with more details!
  • Options
    RG, just ignore them. They may hurt but they wont kill you and theres a good chance they will get better on their own.Can you put haemmerhoid cream on them somehow?
    If more treatment was needed would you just not have it, or would you have it if you were sedated or something?
    What are your options?

Trying to ignore them now :) Physically they are worse (in terms of size and severity) but mentally I am coping with them at least a bit better and they hurt a lot less (I assume the physical pain is greatly increased by negative 'body memory' and pyschological factors). I did apply treatments using loo paper although the more I tried to sort things out the more obsessed I became with it all and the eating and the toilet stuff and and and ....

If I had like a general anesthetic I could do it but in general I think anything invasive would be more trauma than it's worth for me at least for now until I come to terms with things more. I imagine that an internal examination would push me over the edge mentally at the moment, I get the transient pyschotic experiences when really stressed and they are horrible, I can't tell what's real and what's not or what's in the past from the present, and I think that an internal exam would trigger it and I'd end up sectioned again or maybe I'm just being melodramatic, I do tend to fear the worst!!

I'm not really sure what my options are but for now I'm in a lot less pain which I am very grateful for and I'm just hoping no further treatments are needed :)

• Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    I've been diagnosed with IBS, if you ever want any help or guidance over things which can benefit, such as peppermint- e.g. tea, or ginger- crystalised, tea etc, then drop me a PM, I didn't want to hijack your thread with more details!

Thank you :)

I like peppermint tea :yes:

Doing research into IBS online has really helped me, not so much with practical advice but more with understanding what's going on and then I can cope with it a lot better and then it starts getting better :)
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Thank you :)

I like peppermint tea :yes:

Doing research into IBS online has really helped me, not so much with practical advice but more with understanding what's going on and then I can cope with it a lot better and then it starts getting better :)

That's really good to hear RG. :)