Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Patriotism

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Spliffie wrote: »
    Having a sense of national identity and pride is intrinsic to any healthy society. If people's work is devoted to improving the national good, satisfaction and motivation in life and career is achievable; working on the global plantation for some international, culture-destroying corporation is generally not.

:banghead:

What is the "national good"?
  • Options
    Nothing explicit.

Enlighten me as to what I mean then.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    :banghead:

What is the "national good"?

A strong economy, efficient welfare system, top class education system, social structure conducive to a happy population...etc etc.

Not exactly difficult to get your head around.
  • Options
    Enlighten me as to what I mean then.

Standing up for the underdog = advancing 'minority rights'.

"Innovative subcultures" - no doubt you are thinking of subcultures which promotes communist values.

Basically, you cherry pick the supposedly British values which advance your agenda. That how mindsets like yours work.
  • Options
    A strong economy, efficient welfare system, top class education system, social structure conducive to a happy population...etc etc.

Not exactly difficult to get your head around.

Try unpacking those things a little bit...
  • Options
    Standing up for the underdog = advancing 'minority rights'.

"Innovative subcultures" - no doubt you are thinking of subcultures which promotes communist values.

Basically, you cherry pick the supposedly British values which advance your agenda. That how mindsets like yours work.

You've got quite an imagination on you!

How about you start reading what I write, not what you imagine I write eh?

BTW, since when did jungle, drum'n'bass, grime, acid house, punk etc promote communist values?
  • Options
    Sorry, that was rather a curt reply.

I don't necessarily have answers either. However, I do wonder how you come to believe what you do if you don't ask questions.

I do ask questions, but then eventually i find an answer, you on the other hand just ask questions and seem to have no conclusion to it no matter what. I mean, surely you must have some sense of something?
  • Options
    I don't claim to have the definitive answers to things, I do however have my opinions, which, if you read this thread (and others) you will see. My views do change over time though as I constantly think, question, learn etc. That's pretty normal I think.
  • Options
    I don't claim to have the definitive answers to things, I do however have my opinions, which, if you read this thread (and others) you will see. My views do change over time though as I constantly think, question, learn etc. That's pretty normal I think.

I`ve found it not to be as normal as you think.

(You have probably noticed a certain kind of animosity when you ask questions . . . even when you do it in a civil manner :p )
  • Options
    You've got quite an imagination on you!

How about you start reading what I write, not what you imagine I write eh?

BTW, since when did jungle, drum'n'bass, grime, acid house, punk etc promote communist values?

Some punk is very anticapitalist... But not really communist.
  • Options
    Punk as a genre is not communist in any way.
  • Options
    danbola wrote: »
    We are one of the most multicultural societies in the world and people dont consider themselves an "Aussie" unless they are from an English-anglo saxxon background.

Sorry to bring this back, but I think its relevant.

What does it mean to be Australian? I hold an Australian passport but I was raised in Britain and educated in Britain to British parents. I speak with a Yorkshire accent. The only "Aussie" thing I do regularly is drink Victoria Bitter.

But legally I'm an Aussie.
    They even tried to ban the Australian flag on Australia day, (which is like our independance day) because it was too offensive to other nationalities.

1. Who are "they"?
    2. No "they" didn't. One concert promoter asked people to not bring the Australian flag into the concert venue because in previous years the flag had been used by racist thugs intent on beating the living shite out of the Serbs and Muslim people.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Punk as a genre is not communist in any way.

Often as not it's Right Wing.
  • Options
    Oi! was often right wing.
  • Options
    Can't forget Skrewdriver either. Fascist punk at it's worst.
  • Options
    They came out of Oi! iirc