Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your-babe wrote: »
    I give up.

whats wrong?
  • Options
    Everything's just going wrong, I need a break, can't cope with the arguements at home between my parents, can't cope with the arguements between me and my partner. Just had enough.
  • Options
    Im really sorry you feel that way.
    (not meant in a nosey way) why and you and your partner arguing?
    (I don't know what to say about your parents except I sympathise)
  • Options
    Im really sorry you feel that way.
    (not meant in a nosey way) why and you and your partner arguing?
    (I don't know what to say about your parents except I sympathise)
    We argue about little things, this time it's to do with sex. I just feel so bad, and feel that I cause the arguements.

As for parents- they're driving me mad, I'm looking at going away this weekend to escape somewhere.
  • Options
    If its something like he wants sex and you don't its not your fault at all.
  • Options
    If its something like he wants sex and you don't its not your fault at all.

I can't give it to him basically because of home conditions, which I feel terrible.
  • Options
    none of thats your fault at all. don't blame yourself, youre just caught in the middle. He should be a bit more sympathetic to you if thats the case.
  • Options
    none of thats your fault at all. don't blame yourself, youre just caught in the middle. He should be a bit more sympathetic to you if thats the case.

He doesn't really do smypathy tbh. Thankyou thou, just chatting here is helpful, and is taking mind off of doing something. I'm often finding myself in the middle though.
  • Options
    thats OK.
    you can PM me if you want to vent or chat if you want. :)
  • Options
    thats OK.
    you can PM me if you want to vent or chat if you want. :)

Cheers I appreciate it :)
  • Options
    He doesn't really do smypathy tbh. Thankyou thou, just chatting here is helpful, and is taking mind off of doing something. I'm often finding myself in the middle though.

That sounds familiar (the non-smypathy bit). If your parents are getting to you that much you really need to ask them to leave you out of the arguements and not get you to take sides etc. And your partner knows whats going on and is being unhelpful/demanding regarding sex etc then he needs a kick up the arse and to think about your feelings on this.
  • Options
    That sounds familiar (the non-smypathy bit). If your parents are getting to you that much you really need to ask them to leave you out of the arguements and not get you to take sides etc. And your partner knows whats going on and is being unhelpful/demanding regarding sex etc then he needs a kick up the arse and to think about your feelings on this.

I don't really get involved in the arguements, yet they just bitch to me about each other. He doesn't know what's going on, cos it's his birhday tomorrow, so I didn't want to spoil his day, or time off from holiday, but it seems like I've already done that via the sex.
  • Options
    I don't really get involved in the arguements, yet they just bitch to me about each other. He doesn't know what's going on, cos it's his birhday tomorrow, so I didn't want to spoil his day, or time off from holiday, but it seems like I've already done that via the sex.

Well tell them not to bitch to you then, I've had this with friends that are in couples and its not fair on you to have them do it to you, espically as your still living at home. If you dont want to have sex with him because of the stress, fair enough, but he needs to understand why and not get annoyed with you for it.
  • Options
    Well tell them not to bitch to you then, I've had this with friends that are in couples and its not fair on you to have them do it to you, espically as your still living at home. If you dont want to have sex with him because of the stress, fair enough, but he needs to understand why and not get annoyed with you for it.

True, I'll tell him when he's calmed down a bit!! I understand he needs to understand though. I'll say that to parents too about not bitching to me, cos it really is driving me mad!
  • Options
    True, I'll tell him when he's calmed down a bit!! I understand he needs to understand though. I'll say that to parents too about not bitching to me, cos it really is driving me mad!

Just nicely, and seperatly, explain to them that you dont want to here them bitching to you and can they please discuss it to someone else as your feeling stuck in the middle. You might also have to say to them when they start, that you dont want to listen and even walk away from them if you have to.
  • Options
    Just nicely, and seperatly, explain to them that you dont want to here them bitching to you and can they please discuss it to someone else as your feeling stuck in the middle. You might also have to say to them when they start, that you dont want to listen and even walk away from them if you have to.

Yeah, thankyou I'll do that. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't cope with arguements.
  • Options
    Yeah, thankyou I'll do that. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't cope with arguements.

I cant either, I've walked out the house many a time when my parents or my dada and brother started on each other.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Hi and welcome to the site.

This does seem true - I used to be in the situation where a friend of mine didn't understand anything about self harm. I think he understands it a bit more now though because I've given him some articles to read, to help him to understand what exactly is going on.

Thanks for having me x. I'm really contemplating telling my dad about my self-harming at the moment have no idea how he is going to react. I'm thinking he won't take it too well, but hopefully he'll keep an open mind and try to understand what is going on. The only trouble is that he takes it all on himself- I really don't want to break his heart.
  • Options
    kizzmitt wrote: »
    Thanks for having me x. I'm really contemplating telling my dad about my self-harming at the moment have no idea how he is going to react. I'm thinking he won't take it too well, but hopefully he'll keep an open mind and try to understand what is going on. The only trouble is that he takes it all on himself- I really don't want to break his heart.

Good luck with telling your dad. I think you're really brave, I don't think I could ever tell my parents, don't know how they'd take it xx
  • Options
    Dear all,

I have a request of you.

Would you mind terribly if I used some of the things you've posted in here as part of my ToK presentation?

It's just an idea, but I wanted to ask your permission before I did it.

Hope everyone is ok :heart:.
  • Options
    I would be alright with this, on the condition that my name isn't mentioned.
  • Options
    It wouldn't be, of course. I'm just thinking about putting a few quotes on a slideshow, is all.
  • Options
    Groan....
    (stress induced)
  • Options
    Groan....
    (stress induced)

are you ok? x
  • Options
    a little bit stressed and worried.
    just worried about an exam and what might happen if I fail.
  • Options
    I know it's hard but try and focus on what you know you know. Will there be any resits just in case you don't get what yoi need?
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    It wouldn't be, of course. I'm just thinking about putting a few quotes on a slideshow, is all.

Yeah sure, no problem. Hope your okay.
  • Options
    Liv wrote: »
    I know it's hard but try and focus on what you know you know. Will there be any resits just in case you don't get what yoi need?

Yeah. theres 1 chance if you screw up but I don't intend to. Im gonna give it my best shot, then, see what happens.
    thanks for replying though. :)
  • Options
    You're welcome, I know how awful it can be, made myself really ill during my a levels, don't let that happen to you, good luck with it, hope you do well xx
  • Options
    Yeah. theres 1 chance if you screw up but I don't intend to. Im gonna give it my best shot, then, see what happens.

Best idea all round, you only really need to panic when your results come in and there not what your expected, but you'll be alright.