Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pete Doherty injects heroin into passed out woman

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    its third-rate derivative shite as Blagsta says. It's plastic rock

It's not really plastic though is it? Derivative, yes but there's really nothing wrong with that. Or we'd all be listening to Leadbelly, some obscure Reggae and The Yardbirds.

Oasis made songs that you could sing with your arms round your mates on the lash on a weekend, and the libertines made music with a similar purpose. It just seems that in addition, the libs were picked up by the wanna be poets and romaticists that spend most of their time on myspace doing the i'm-so-individual thang.

A contributing factor to the lure of Doherty is that he was partly responsible for blurring the line between artist and fans.
  • Options
    Yeah cause everyone who doesn't have the same taste in music as you has poor taste

Glad you're paying attention.
    what a moron.

People who have bad taste generally are several points down the evolutionary scale, yes.

ben, there's a difference between having influences in your music, and being derivative. Radiohead, for instance, have been influenced by 1970s German electronica, but their music isn't 1970s German electronica.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Glad you're paying attention.

People who have bad taste generally are several points down the evolutionary scale, yes.

ben, there's a difference between having influences in your music, and being derivative. Radiohead, for instance, have been influenced by 1970s German electronica, but their music isn't 1970s German electronica.

Hypocritism at its finest. The only way you can express distaste for his music is by spouting a load of derogatory throw away comments.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Yeah, yeah. That's fair enough. The one thing that I couldn't ever forgive Doherty for was the championing of The Paddingtons. this is derivative, and they can't play for shit.

I, of course have excellent taste ;) . The last 3 albums I bought were: BRMC - Howl. James Brown - Godfather of Soul. David Bowie - Hunky Dory. I shall purchasing the Dirty Pretty Things LP however.
  • Options
    This is getting boring, I say petes talented you say he's not, I say his music is unique and say why I think so, you say no its not. I don't for one minute think you paid to see him in a small venue after what you said about his music and I don't think anyone else will either. Lets cut to the chase- you're saying the exact opposite of what I say cause you think hes a twat.

Look, i gave him a fair chance when he first came onto the scene, long before he became this characture of a person called "Pete Doherty" and although his music was only so-so we wen to see him. He wasnt good, he relied on his gimmicks that he does everytime he is live. At least he did the full set. Next time i saw him in a larger gig he did two songs and walked off not to come back. I made my decision then he was a total twat. And then he got famous. Now he is so far up himself im surprised he has any time left to make music. I didn like him long before i knew anything about it.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    He wasnt good, he relied on his gimmicks that he does everytime he is live. At least he did the full set. Next time i saw him in a larger gig he did two songs and walked off not to come back.

so what are these gimmicks that he relied on then? and where was it that he did 2 songs and then walked off?
  • Options
    Some club in Manchester. I only ever seen him in Manchester.

His Gimmicks, where he whispers the words instead of singing them. There is never ever anything wrong with the microphone, he is just too lazy to bother giving it his all to make it a good performance. And his usual, bounding around the stage dropping the microphone and not even trying to sing. He does it all the time. Pretty common. He is such a twat!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Some club in Manchester. I only ever seen him in Manchester.

His Gimmicks, where he whispers the words instead of singing them. There is never ever anything wrong with the microphone, he is just too lazy to bother giving it his all to make it a good performance. And his usual, bounding around the stage dropping the microphone and not even trying to sing. He does it all the time. Pretty common. He is such a twat!

So all these gimmicks he relies on are whispering and dropping the microphone, you really don't have a clue.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Next time i saw him in a larger gig he did two songs and walked off not to come back. I made my decision then he was a total twat.

He only did 2 songs cause it wasn't possible to do any more. The venue was dangerously overcrowded and the crowd kept surging forward. If he had of continued people would of got hurt. No one blames him for that, the organiser even came on to libertines.org and admitted he messed up.
  • Options
    This is getting boring, I say petes talented you say he's not, I say his music is unique and say why I think so, you say no its not. I don't for one minute think you paid to see him in a small venue after what you said about his music and I don't think anyone else will either. Lets cut to the chase- you're saying the exact opposite of what I say cause you think hes a twat.

I'm listening to those links you posted. Its OK I suppose, maybe if I was 16 or 17 I might like it. However from where I'm sitting now (nearly 35), I've heard it all before. The Clash, The Buzzcocks, Dinosaur Jr, The Shop Assistants etc. All far far better IMO.
  • Options
    What are you talking about?

The place wasnt overcrowded, it was sitting down at tables on chairs, there ws no standing or surging. He just walked off with no word.

I do not have a clue? Your such a obsessive fan, that because it is so trendy to like Pete Doherty and it is popular to do so, you make excuses for him been totally talentless and crap. You do not have a clue. It is exactly the same as when the spice girls came out and were well marketed or when Eminem first came out and everyone thought he was perfect in everyway and wouldnt here a word against him.

He whispers instead of performing thne he drops the microphone and refuses to sing for the rest of the gig. He is a total talentless loser.

You have no clue and if you continue to go on an on with this bullshit your just going to embarress yourself more!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    What are you talking about?

The place wasnt overcrowded, it was sitting down at tables on chairs, there ws no standing or surging. He just walked off with no word.

I do not have a clue? Your such a obsessive fan, that because it is so trendy to like Pete Doherty and it is popular to do so, you make excuses for him been totally talentless and crap. You do not have a clue. It is exactly the same as when the spice girls came out and were well marketed or when Eminem first came out and everyone thought he was perfect in everyway and wouldnt here a word against him.

He whispers instead of performing thne he drops the microphone and refuses to sing for the rest of the gig. He is a total talentless loser.

You have no clue and if you continue to go on an on with this bullshit your just going to embarress yourself more!

aha now I know you're lying, I'm pretty sure Pete has never played to a crowd sitting down at tables and chairs in his whole career, but he definitely hasn't played to a sitting down crowd in manchester. You really don't have a clue about the man if you think he plays to sitting down crowds. The only one embarrassing themselves is you im afraid. But nice try anyway it took me about 4 posts to prove that.

And its trendy to like pete doherty? what planet are you living on, the whole country hates him. I'm not obsessive, theres just so much lies and half truths (most of them spread by you on this thread) about him its good to just correct them once in a while and give the other side of the story. The trouble with people like you is that you're part of the non thinking public. People like you no longer question the objectiveness of rags like the sun and mirror and just blindly accept everything they tell you.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm listening to those links you posted. Its OK I suppose, maybe if I was 16 or 17 I might like it. However from where I'm sitting now (nearly 35), I've heard it all before. The Clash, The Buzzcocks, Dinosaur Jr, The Shop Assistants etc. All far far better IMO.

Well I'm 21 but London Calling is problably my favourite album of all time. The buzzcocks were good and the libertines sound is certainly similiar to them, but they only had about 7 great songs in my opinion. Pete is also influenced alot by the Clash in the way he likes to experiment with different styles, but the libertines or shambles don't really sound like the clash. Babyshambles guitarist Pat was influenced by Dinosaur Jr but again I don't think the 2 sound that alike. I've never heard anything by the shop assistants so can't comment on that. But in saying that I know its hard to get into someone who sound like a band you used to love. I have similiar views to you regarding the arctic monkeys.
  • Options
    It's very difficult to not sound derivative these days without being totally abstract. Certainly everyone thought the Libertines were trying to be the next Clash. This sort of worked against them in many ways. I'm indifferent to them, I've got 'Up The Bracket' and 'The Libertines' downloaded but I'd obviously take something like 'London Calling' over both any day of the week. There's certainly influences in their music but you can spot influences in most modern bands' work these days. It's difficult to be revolutionary or different, but I certainly wouldn't let that put me off.

I don't think it's fair when people say bands like the Libertines were talentless and shite. As someone mentioned, music is art, and art is subjective, so just because you may not be fond of something, certainly does not make it shite. Admittedly I'm not a big fan of Babyshambles, but I'll never say they're talentless or shite.
  • Options
    The media may spready lies about him. But he is still a twat and always will be!

Now, what lies have i spread? Of course he ha splayed to sit down crowds before, are you so retarded you can't accept that about this twat you choose to worship with out question? How old are you anyway? 13 years old? You probably only wish to see him live but never have and just read about him alot, takin gin every piece of crap you hear about him thats good but pretending all the truth about him been a twat is lies.

Oh, and it is trendy to like pete doherty and what ever band he is in, whether it th eLibertines or Babyshambles. They are "Rebels" because the media says they are which makes them popular, instead of having any talent, which is how it is. What lies am i spreading about him? I am only speaking the truth and saying he is a twat is no lie! He is nothing but a media made, trendy loser who plays up his image because if he doesnt he would disappear to been a nobody like a loser of his callibre should do.

Stop embarressing yourself with this bullshit worship complex you have for him, stop calling him pete like you know him personally and are mates and dont lie about your age you little teeny child.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    The media may spready lies about him. But he is still a twat and always will be!

Now, what lies have i spread? Of course he ha splayed to sit down crowds before, are you so retarded you can't accept that about this twat you choose to worship with out question? How old are you anyway? 13 years old? You probably only wish to see him live but never have and just read about him alot, takin gin every piece of crap you hear about him thats good but pretending all the truth about him been a twat is lies.

Oh, and it is trendy to like pete doherty and what ever band he is in, whether it th eLibertines or Babyshambles. They are "Rebels" because the media says they are which makes them popular, instead of having any talent, which is how it is. What lies am i spreading about him? I am only speaking the truth and saying he is a twat is no lie! He is nothing but a media made, trendy loser who plays up his image because if he doesnt he would disappear to been a nobody like a loser of his callibre should do.

Stop embarressing yourself with this bullshit worship complex you have for him, stop calling him pete like you know him personally and are mates and dont lie about your age you little teeny child.

Well. I think someone needs to calm down a little.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    a load of spiteful shite

you're a total arsehole. go read your daily mail and stop abusing people.
  • Options
    Firstly, who gives a shit if his music is bad?! I personally wouldn't listen to it, but at least he's tried, tried to put his stuff on the music scene, tried to support his family/addiction.

Secondly, it's his life.
    All I have to say on the matter.
  • Options
    I have similiar views to you regarding the arctic monkeys.

Steady on there! I hope that's not a 'Northern Libertines Cover Band' comment about to materialise.
  • Options
    Its amazing that the moment anyone mentions anything Pete Doherty related on here everyone chips in with their 2 pence even though its all been said a thousand times before.

Remind me to never ever make a Pete related thread.

Only thing thats really bothered me about the whole affair is that he was that the police kept him in jail even know his bail had been played so his missed our gig in Trafalgar square! Adam had to come on stage on his own and do one song acoustically.. *sigh*
  • Options
    I don't really see what he's done to deserve all this crap. You get two sorts of opinions on Doherty, 1)He's a fucking wanker twat fuckface and 2)I love him.

I just think he's alright. Nothing special and his band is nothing special too.
  • Options
    I am calm and i dont get why all the "I love pete doherty" people on here are getting so worked up and crying about the fact i do not like him. Get over it, he is just a nobody.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I don't really see what he's done to deserve all this crap. You get two sorts of opinions on Doherty, 1)He's a fucking wanker twat fuckface and 2)I love him.

I just think he's alright. Nothing special and his band is nothing special too.
    I don't fall into your two cateregories- I like you, think he's ok, his music isn't brill, but then neither are many other bands.
  • Options
    You're the one getting worked up mate. Noone really cares what you think. I wouldn't say he's a nobody, otherwise noone would have an opinion on him and the press wouldn't be so obsessed.
  • Options
    having read this thread ...mostly ...i now see why it belongs in entertainment.
    cos someone being accused of injecting an illegal drug into an inconcious person ...seems odd entertainment.
  • Options
    If no one cares what i think, Addict? Why are you and so many others like Mad Max whinging and calling me names everytime i say anything bad about him? Your all jumping about having to write reams and reams about it. Im not going around calling all you names, kinda shows the mentallity of his fans i guess. Trendy wannabe followers instead of original thinkers.
  • Options
    The problem is, you aren't just allowing people to have their own opinions without branding them as "treny wannabe followers" and "teeny little child". If you actually constructed a real argument then people might just agree to disagree.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    If no one cares what i think, Addict? Why are you and so many others like Mad Max whinging and calling me names everytime i say anything bad about him? Your all jumping about having to write reams and reams about it. Im not going around calling all you names, kinda shows the mentallity of his fans i guess.

You're not too bright are you? You've called me retarded and a little teeny child as moonarcanum said. I couldn't give a shit whether you like him or not I'm simply highlighting the fact you made up a story about a gig that never happened. I'm sure the likes of james blunt don't even play to crowds sitting at tables, but I know for a fact Pete has never done so in Manchester. But don't worry this will be the last time I respond to one of your posts, something tells me theres more to life than conversing with someone who spends their time making up stories on an internet forum.
  • Options
    You are either truly sub-intelligent Max or a liar, because if your claiming to have attended every gig pete doherty has ever done in his life ever then you will have been at the gig i was. If your saying it never happened, but you have been to every gig he has ever done, your lying or never heard of this gig and so didnt attend. Either way, i went, it was lame, it was years ago before pete doherty was a household name and probably before you knew of him, but then again, maybe you were there at his first gigs before he became famous, i dont know or care.

What more do i need to an argument Moon? I said i didnt like him and i thought he was twat and then then next that happened was Mad Max replying saying im a asshole who knows nothing about music. Maybe he should come up with a real argument besides the one he is using which is, "pete is amazing! pete is a revolution in music! pete is like hendrix! pete has made music like no one else on earth!" Even the people who like him admit he just makes the same music as a bunch of bands that have come and gone long ago and its not original. Anyone who has seen him live knows how he performs live and apart from explaining how lame a live performer he is, there is nothing more i can do. It is not like i have video footage on hand to add link to of him live show how crap he is to see live.

Also been called a liar by someone who is clearly lying themself, called me stupid and an asshole just for saying i didnt like this twats music and then cries like a baby when i do to him what he did to me such as call him a name, though i did it in a more intelligent way, just proves my point. Problem with Max is he can dish out insults but he cant take them and has to whinge and whine about them and pretend he is smarter and isnt going to reply anymore and thinks he can have the last word by lying to everyone in an unprovable way by sayin im a liar because i went to one of doherty's gigs that either he doesnt know about or doesnt want to admit to. i mean why would i lie about a gig? It is retarded to think anyone would. Maybe im lying when i say i went to see Wheatus live at Leeds University? Maybe im not, omg! How can you prove it?

It is childish cry babies who worship losers and refuse to do anything but start name calling, then cry when it happens to them that makes these boards so entertaining but also so annoying all at the same time.
  • Options
    But you always result to name calling, so surely that doesn't make you any better than him?!

To back up my point- the last paragraph on your entry.
This discussion has been closed.