Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pete Doherty injects heroin into passed out woman

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Classic example of a person who gives us a bad name. A Yob who should be shot on sight.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    If no one cares what i think, Addict? Why are you and so many others like Mad Max whinging and calling me names everytime i say anything bad about him? Your all jumping about having to write reams and reams about it. Im not going around calling all you names, kinda shows the mentallity of his fans i guess. Trendy wannabe followers instead of original thinkers.

I never got worked up or wrote reams and reams about anything :confused: . You only assume I'm a fan, when I've already said what I make of the music. I just think you're an arsehole because of the way you get so defensive and abuse people for having a different outlook than yourself. And I don't care what you think about Pete, in fact I didn't even read your last post because it's probably filled with more abusive shite. Calling people retarded or little teeny children or trendy wannabee followers isn't conducive for a good argument so I can understand why Max Power 2 can't be arsed with you. Grow up and accept that people will have different tastes, without getting so defensive about it. Take a step back and reevaluate man.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    You are either truly sub-intelligent Max or a liar ... blah blah blah ...

Christ ... do you really not get the irony in your posts? I can't believe you can throw stones about people being childish and then post that essay length whinge. He's dropped it. Its over.

LET IT GO!!!!!! :banghead:
  • Options
    I only reply when people say something to me. So now he has stopped replying, so shall i Jon, no need to hurt yourself by banging your head.

As for Your-Babe, i am not better then anyone else. We are all equal people, so if someone is a name caller, i shall respond in kind. I would like to be better then him, but i am just a man, not a God.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I never got worked up or wrote reams and reams about anything :confused: . You only assume I'm a fan, when I've already said what I make of the music. I just think you're an arsehole because of the way you get so defensive and abuse people for having a different outlook than yourself. And I don't care what you think about Pete, in fact I didn't even read your last post because it's probably filled with more abusive shite. Calling people retarded or little teeny children or trendy wannabee followers isn't conducive for a good argument so I can understand why Max Power 2 can't be arsed with you. Grow up and accept that people will have different tastes, without getting so defensive about it. Take a step back and reevaluate man.

So in your opinion, it is ok for some one to call me an asshole and stupid for a post i made syaing, "i do not like pete doherty music and i think he is a twat based on how he behaves." But it is not ok to call him a childish trendy wannabe in retaliation? I am suppose to take been called a name because i have an opinion on music hat i gave without insulting anyone or arguing, but i can not reply to someone calling me an asshole?

Ok, point taken, next time someone calls me an arsehole just because i say i dont like some sort of music, i will not respond, i will jut go to the mods about it. Thanks for the implied advice.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:

Ok, point taken, next time someone calls me an arsehole just because i say i dont like some sort of music, i will not respond, i will jut go to the mods about it. Thanks for the implied advice.

I certainly didn't call you an arsehole because of your music taste, as I said, noone gives two fucks about your music taste. You were called an arsehole because you were being an arsehole. Calling people retarded and sub-intelligent isn't generally a nice way to make an argument.

Please don't pontificate with some victim response. Dander off to the mods all you want, arsehole. :wave:
  • Options
    Not you, Mad Max called me an arsehole so i called him sub-intelligent because he could do nothing but go on about how Doherty was a living God of music, blah blah and call me names. If he wanted to get into an argument and get childish that is fine with me. How it was your business, i do not know.

But thanks addict, you are proving you are an arsehole just like Mad Max now. Really pathetic. And i don't complain to the mods, i wa sbeen sarcastic, clearly that is a concept beyond you as much as been civilised is beyond Mad Max.

You see, unlike him or you, i dont start argument, i finish them!
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Not you, Mad Max called me an arsehole so i called him sub-intelligent because he could do nothing but go on about how Doherty was a living God of music, blah blah and call me names. If he wanted to get into an argument and get childish that is fine with me. How it was your business, i do not know.

But thanks addict, you are proving you are an arsehole just like Mad Max now. Really pathetic. And i don't complain to the mods, i wa sbeen sarcastic, clearly that is a concept beyond you as much as been civilised is beyond Mad Max.

You see, unlike him or you, i dont start argument, i finish them!

Where did he call you an arsehole? Was this before or after you called him retarded?

I'll call you an arsehole, it's only fair, you being one and all.

How exactly have I proved I'm an arsehole? Look back over my threads (and look at your own, I think you need to) - what have I done to get such a tag?

You are strange. I think you really need to reevalutate. It's not a big deal. :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    LacyMay wrote:
    He should have been banged up ages ago. How many times can this bloke go to court and walk out afterwards?! Those rehabilitation orders obviously aren't helping him are they.

They never do for people like him - I personally think he doesn't WANT to stop just yet.

Let's face it, in the current world - Fame + Money = a much better chance of getting off lightly. If this were a normal person, they'd probably never have been noticed. But he has, so he should face the consequences of his actions.
  • Options
    I think the interpretation of that picture is something none of us can properly justify cause, we don't know what he's doing, removing, adding - whatever.

Personally, I like Pete Doherty - The Libertines. I do like the music. The hype around Pete, his 'personal' life and such I find sad in someways - but as has been said - I think he doesn't want to give up, regardless, this is a way of life he has chosen.
  • Options
    Some people really can start a fight in an empty room. And, for the record subject13, you ARE being an arsehole.

Pete Doherty's music is derivative and largely medicore. The Libertines did one or two decent songs, but nothing to write home about, but the Babyshambles really are dire. There are many better bands about even now that manage to use influence without being unoriginal and derivative- there's a Brighton band called the Upper Room who are amazing and original even though they obviously list the Smiths as a huge influence.

I don't believe that its impossible to be original these days, because it isn't. It's just that a lot of record execs are lazy, and its a hell of a lot easier to market derivative mediocrity than it is to market something original. And Babyshambles are very easy to market- even the bad boy image he's created is hackneyed.

And no, I don't have anything against Doherty, I just find it sad that some people hold his third-rate derivative mediocrity to be something that's a cut above the rest. There are far more indie bands who are original and can't get a look-in because derivative drivel like the Babyshambles are hogging the limelight. It's a real shame, but not everyone can have an interesting taste in music.
  • Options
    who cares about all of that anyway... some people like his music, some don't... pretty much like any other musician or band on this fucking planet... and the all story is an addict did or didn't inject an other addict... what's the fucking big deal... what a fucking surprise... who cares it happends every fucking day and no one gives a shit, why fucking care when someone famous does it...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Pete Doherty's music is derivative and largely medicore. The Libertines did one or two decent songs, but nothing to write home about, but the Babyshambles really are dire. There are many better bands about even now that manage to use influence without being unoriginal and derivative- there's a Brighton band called the Upper Room who are amazing and original even though they obviously list the Smiths as a huge influence.

I don't believe that its impossible to be original these days, because it isn't. It's just that a lot of record execs are lazy, and its a hell of a lot easier to market derivative mediocrity than it is to market something original. And Babyshambles are very easy to market- even the bad boy image he's created is hackneyed.

And no, I don't have anything against Doherty, I just find it sad that some people hold his third-rate derivative mediocrity to be something that's a cut above the rest. There are far more indie bands who are original and can't get a look-in because derivative drivel like the Babyshambles are hogging the limelight. It's a real shame, but not everyone can have an interesting taste in music.

You're talking bollocks. As I've said before one of the things I like most about Pete is his use of many different styles.

How you think the Upper Room are amazing and orginal is beyong me, maybe you're in the band? I downloaded about 5 of their songs and imho, they sound like an editors or interpol tribute band. And in "All over this town" the vocalist is imitating morrissey and the music on that song sounds like a bloc party rip off. On "Leave me alone" the vocalist sounds like Justin Hawkins and I think they've nicked a riff from a coldplay song in this. But one thing all the songs have in common is that they're bland and uninspiring.

Which leads me to the conclusion that music is subjective, now stop all this "I have the best taste in bands, anyone who doesn't agree knows fuck all about music" bollocks.
  • Options
    Which leads me to the conclusion that music is subjective, now stop all this "I have the best taste in bands, anyone who doesn't agree knows fuck all about music" bollocks.

You're talking bollocks. As I've said before one of the things I like most about Pete is his use of many different styles.

Pot ... kettle ... tea anyone?

Please let this thread die. Please! Max stop taking criticisms of pete doherty as if its a personal insult. Not everybody has to like his music. You don't have to defend him from every negative review.
  • Options
    Jon_UK wrote:

Pot ... kettle ... tea anyone?

Please let this thread die. Please! Max stop taking criticisms of pete doherty as if its a personal insult. Not everybody has to like his music. You don't have to defend him from every negative review.

When I said he was talking bollocks, I was talking about the part where he said Dohertys music is derivative. That part had nothing to do with tastes, if he thinks dohertys music is shit fair enough then, thats his opinion, but to say its derivative when so many styles are used from ska to raggae to punk then yea I think he's talking bollocks.

But your right I shouldn't of even mentioned the bit about doherty, I'm as bored as everyone else of this thread by now, I should of known that one line would be picked up on and misinterpreted. I simply wanted to talk about what I thought of the upper room.
  • Options
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Where did he call you an arsehole? Was this before or after you called him retarded?

I'll call you an arsehole, it's only fair, you being one and all.

How exactly have I proved I'm an arsehole? Look back over my threads (and look at your own, I think you need to) - what have I done to get such a tag?

You are strange. I think you really need to reevalutate. It's not a big deal. :thumb:

Maybe you should look back over the posts then you wont embarress yourself with not knowing a clue about the argument.

I said i didnt like Doherty's music, so he replied by callin gme an arsehole who was stupid because Doherty was a music God. So i told him he was retarded for calling me an arsehole just for not likin ghis music and not liking Doherty himself.

I think you earned the tag all on your own.

And as for you Kermit, for once on these boards stop been a twat. Just because you fail to make points in the debate and politics section dont resort to childish name calling in entertainment too. I said i didnt like Doherty's music or the man himself and got called an arsehole for it, in my books a person who has to resort to name calling first is retarded and deserve to be called so, and since you have resorted to it just now...point proven.
  • Options
    Can this thread now die? I'm going to stop checking it and posting it since i proven my point and back to my original post on this;

I do NOIT believe he needled some girl but i still do not like his boring music or personality. Thats all i said in the first place, and thats what i stand by.

Good bye to this thread.
  • Options
    It seems the only thing people can agree on in this thread is that subject13 is a bit of a twat.
  • Options
    but to say its derivative when so many styles are used from ska to raggae to punk then yea I think he's talking bollocks.

Hardly original though is it? The Slits, The Clash, Public Image Limited, Culture Shock etc all did that 20 or 30 years ago.
  • Options
    A friend of Pete Doherty's was in the paper saying that he was drawing blood from the girl. Apparently he frequently uses blood to scrawl lyrics and stuff on the walls of his flat.
  • Options
    I hope he used clean works.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Hardly original though is it? The Slits, The Clash, Public Image Limited, Culture Shock etc all did that 20 or 30 years ago.

Yeah but the point I'm trying to make is that Babyshambles don't really have one sound where you can say yea they copied so and so. Unless Pete comes up with a completely new sound or invents new instruments you could say his music isn't completely original and people like Kermit will say its derivative. But if you're gonna call his music derivative you can call just about every other band and singer on the planet derivative. Even the likes of the clash weren't completely original.
  • Options
    I'm taking issue with your assertion that taking elements from ska, punk and reggae makes them original and/or interesting. It doesn't.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I'm taking issue with your assertion that taking elements from ska, punk and reggae makes them original and/or interesting. It doesn't.

I didn't say it made them original simply saying that they don't sound derivative. I don't think a band has to be either completely original or else derivative. You can be influenced by different styles without copying them. Pete's certainly be influenced by the likes of the clash and the specials but to say he copys them is wide of the mark.
  • Options
    Jebus wrote:
    It seems the only thing people can agree on in this thread is that subject13 is a bit of a twat.
    :lol: :yes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Don't care much for his music, but that doesn't mean I think he's talentless - because he quite clearly isn't.

And i couldn't give a fuck about what problems he has with drugs, infact I can't understand these fascinations with celebs probolems. I get the impression from the other forums that they've got enough problems of their own to worry about.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I didn't say it made them original simply saying that they don't sound derivative. I don't think a band has to be either completely original or else derivative. You can be influenced by different styles without copying them. Pete's certainly be influenced by the likes of the clash and the specials but to say he copys them is wide of the mark.

Oh god, bit hard of thinking are we? :banghead: Where did I say that a band has to be completely original? Where did I even say that Pete Doherty is copying The Clash or The Specials? What I am saying is that they're not really worthy of the hype as I've heard it all before and its getting boring.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Oh god, bit hard of thinking are we? :banghead: Where did I say that a band has to be completely original? Where did I even say that Pete Doherty is copying The Clash or The Specials? What I am saying is that they're not really worthy of the hype as I've heard it all before and its getting boring.

Are you for real? First of all you said:
    "I'm taking issue with your assertion that taking elements from ska, punk and reggae makes them original and/or interesting. It doesn't."

I have never said it makes them interesting or original. I have said its unfair to call them derivative. Oh and it was someone else who called them derivative, just so you don't start another rant about how you said no such thing. You keeping up with this so far?

Secondly you said taking elements of ska, raggae etc, has been done by other bands such as the clash. I said yes but even the likes of the clash weren't completely original. You never said those bands you listed were completely original, but you implied it.

Thirdly you never said anything about him copying the clash and specials. I wrote that bit to expand on my previous point in that post.

Does this make sense to you now? Its quite tiring having to spell out every little thing you say, but I think I've dumbed down this post enough for you to understand it. Let this thread die.
  • Options
    Fuck me. Are you all still whinging?! :p
This discussion has been closed.