Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pete Doherty injects heroin into passed out woman

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
OK so the story is from the the Sun, but there are pictures showing him doing it too.

When is this guy going to be locked away for good!

Is there anyone out there who actually likes him?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like him.

Sorry.
    He could be taking the needle out, to stop it breaking in her.

Who knows?
    Why should he be locked up until its proven that he's done something meriting being locked up?

Being a twat isn't a criminal offence, you know.

I really suspect the Sun's motives about this, genuine picture or otherwise. That Doherty gives heroin to some of his groupies has been common knowledge for six months or more.
    Fair points, but if you wanted to find a criminal offence he had committed you wouldn't have to wait long. I used to think he was only a danget to himself, but if he is doing things like that (and I agree he might not have been), then he is a bigger arse than I thought.
    The man really is a cunt. Overhyped and talentless. If any of his bands had been really really massive maybe i could see the interest, but they havnt. The Libertines were alright but they wernt exactly the biggest band on the planet. Babyshambles are just shite. Let him overdose on his own away from the media headlines and have it be done with.
    I'm sure if he was doing that, he wasn't doing it against her will. For example, if he IS injecting her, then she will already be a user and probably quite happy for him to do that to her.

I'm sure her main worry would have been her family finding out that she's a smackhead.
    MattMatt wrote:
    Fair points, but if you wanted to find a criminal offence he had committed you wouldn't have to wait long.

He has committed criminal offences, and he has been sentenced for the commission of those offences.

But I don't think possession of drugs should be a criminal offence, so I won't join the "string him uip" brigade the Sun seems intent on mustering up. Especially when the said newspaper is edited by a spouse-beater, staffed by cokeheads, and is obsessed with the naked bodies of young teenaged girls.
    I used to think he was only a danget to himself, but if he is doing things like that (and I agree he might not have been), then he is a bigger arse than I thought.

Many heroin users do inject each other, if she is a junkie too it will not have been without her consent. And as other people have said, the picture shows him holding a syringe, not putting it in- he could just as eaily be pulling it out.

I don't like the man, but if we started locking up everyone I don't like, then lets just say traffic congestion will be a thing of the past.
    Yeh there are far worse people out there who should be locked away but still the guys a cunt. Never liked him, never will.
    Renzo wrote:
    The man really is a cunt. Overhyped and talentless. If any of his bands had been really really massive maybe i could see the interest, but they havnt. The Libertines were alright but they wernt exactly the biggest band on the planet. Babyshambles are just shite. Let him overdose on his own away from the media headlines and have it be done with.

I'd never call him talentless. The guy writes far better lyrics than most of the shite Kaiser Chiefs/Franz Ferdinand/other indie bands come out with. His bands don't have to be massive for them to be good. Having seen Babyshambles live, I don't think anyone could call them shite.

ETA - I agree with Kermit on this one...
    I'd never call him talentless. The guy writes far better lyrics than most of the shite Kaiser Chiefs/Franz Ferdinand/other indie bands come out with.

Now I know you're biased, but WTF?!?!?

He's a pathetic little smackhead, I don't hate him, but he doesn't have an inch of talent in his body. He's one of them people who thinks that doing heroin makes him write decent stuff, but really he doesn't.

I don't think he should be strung up for being a bit crap though, I think the man has serious issues and I can't hate someone like that. I hope he gets over his demons, but I have a horrible feeling he won't.
    Having seen Babyshambles live, I don't think anyone could call them shite.

Nah, they are shite.

You could argue that the Libertines were alright I suppose, but the babyshambles are, well, an utter shambles.
    I wish he'd fuck off; taking those ridiculous pork pie hats with him.

I would also venture the claim that he's talentless, but of course that's a matter of opinion. ;)
    Renzo wrote:
    Let him overdose on his own

You really are a vicious and spiteful twat sometimes.

Have you ever met him? No? Then what the fuck is with all the bile?
    Having seen Babyshambles live, I don't think anyone could call them shite.
    No Libertines though, are they. ;)
    I'd never call him talentless. The guy writes far better lyrics than most of the shite Kaiser Chiefs/Franz Ferdinand/other indie bands come out with. His bands don't have to be massive for them to be good. Having seen Babyshambles live, I don't think anyone could call them shite.

ETA - I agree with Kermit on this one...

Everything Ive heard of babyshambles has been shit. Carl Barat was obviously the main talent in the Libertines. Crackhead doesnt deserve this cult status he has. Is there any valid reason why he has to be in the headlines so often?
    I'm glad I live in my own little musical bubble. I've not heard a single note from the man, nor have I any idea what he does off stage. It's grand :D
    No Libertines though, are they. ;)

No, they are no Libertines. If only I'd seen them live...! :p

But I was still really impressed by their live performance, and I do think he writes some good stuff. I think Pete himself believes he needs to be fucked on smack to write good stuff - and that's a shame.
    Kermit wrote:
    You really are a vicious and spiteful twat sometimes.

Have you ever met him? No? Then what the fuck is with all the bile?

I just fucking sick of having to hear about him. He's just some bloke that happened to have one or two charted songs. He's no legend that has to have a story about him every week.

ETA: Somehow i dont think you can accuse anyone of being vicious, youve said "x person" should have "insert action here" done to them loooads of times.
    Renzo wrote:
    Everything Ive heard of babyshambles has been shit. Carl Barat was obviously the main talent in the Libertines. Crackhead doesnt deserve this cult status he has. Is there any valid reason why he has to be in the headlines so often?

Because the media in this country are gutter press and would rather highlight Pete's addiction to drugs than write about important news issues.
    Renzo wrote:
    I just fucking sick of having to hear about him. He's just some bloke that happened to have one or two charted songs. He's no legend that has to have a story about him every week.

So you'd rather he died than you having to put in the extra effort to ignore him and the stories?

Jesus.
    Infinite wrote:
    So you'd rather he died than you having to put in the extra effort to ignore him and the stories?

Jesus.

Well not seriously no. Just get him the fuck out of the media limelight though
    The way hes going he probably will though....
    Renzo wrote:
    I just fucking sick of having to hear about him.

Well don't buy the gutter press then.

You only hear about him because people lap the stories up.
    ETA: Somehow i dont think you can accuse anyone of being vicious, youve said "x person" should have "insert action here" done to them loooads of times.

Yeah, I do.

But people like Blair and Souter have personally inconvenienced me. What has Doherty done to you?

Also, I mean it when I say I hope someone dies in agony;)
    Kermit wrote:
    Well don't buy the gutter press then.

You only hear about him because people lap the stories up.

Yeah, I do.

But people like Blair and Souter have personally inconvenienced me. What has Doherty done to you?

Also, I mean it when I say I hope someone dies in agony;)

I dont buy gutter press. I just happened to see the link on a news website.
    Im sure they have 'personally' done it to you. Sigh.
    Sad thing is though. It could happen to him one day if he keeps on going as he is. Talent or no talent, really is a waste of a life.
    Renzo wrote:

Yeah, the decisions they make affect us all personally. So Kermit is right.
    He might sort himself out. Clapton did. Jimmy Page did. Not impossible.
    Someone has to do something to you for you to hate them/wish a protracted and painful death on them? News to me. :p:lol:

Also, literalist much?

Pete Doherty could die tomorrow and I wouldn't be shedding buckets, put it that way. No, we've never met.
    Renzo wrote:

Of course they have, who else did it if it wasn't them? Bearing in mind that companies aren't organic beings.

Blair has put me £15,000 in debt to him, has put me and my family in danger with his murderous foreign policy, and then forces me to pay him £8,000 a year to fund his regime.

Souter robs me blind to travel on his bus services, which he then cancels because he doesn't pay enough drivers enough money. He then spends the proceeds of his crime on publishing anti-homosexual literature and funding anti-homosexual pressure groups.

The things they do directly affect me. Therefore if I lose out, its their fault, and I am entitled to hope against hope that there is some divine retribution.

I just don't understand all the hatred for a pathetic little smackhead. It's rather sad.
    perhaps the girl wanted the heroin
    Kermit wrote:
    Of course they have, who else did it if it wasn't them? Bearing in mind that companies aren't organic beings.

Blair has put me £15,000 in debt to him, has put me and my family in danger with his murderous foreign policy, and then forces me to pay him £8,000 a year to fund his regime.

Souter robs me blind to travel on his bus services, which he then cancels because he doesn't pay enough drivers enough money. He then spends the proceeds of his crime on publishing anti-homosexual literature and funding anti-homosexual pressure groups.

The things they do directly affect me. Therefore if I lose out, its their fault, and I am entitled to hope against hope that there is some divine retribution.

I just don't understand all the hatred for a pathetic little smackhead. It's rather sad.

:chin:

Good point there old bean...i'll get me coat...
    He should have been banged up ages ago. How many times can this bloke go to court and walk out afterwards?! Those rehabilitation orders obviously aren't helping him are they.
This discussion has been closed.