Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pete Doherty injects heroin into passed out woman

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    although he was injecting a girl who looked unconscious, to me it didnt look like heroin. You could see he was injecting heroin into himself as it was brown in the syringe, but the stuff he was injecting into the girl was clear. Maybe he was injecting her with speed or coke to try and revive her?
    Just a thought, and it doesnt make it much better - obviously would be better to call an ambulance, but junkies worlds arent the same as non-junkies worlds.
    He should be banged up, No normal man would get away with this! He'll see that he cant sing his way out of prison then with his fame!
    Until he wants to sort his life out, no one can help him. Until he stops hanging around with sad groupies and assorted hangers on who collude with and encourage his self destruction, he ain't got a chance. Poor sod. :(

Having said though, his music is derivative third rate shite and he seems to enjoy playing up to the foolish notion of the wasted junkie artist/rock'n'roller. Pathetic really.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Until he wants to sort his life out, no one can help him. Until he stops hanging around with sad groupies and assorted hangers on who collude with and encourage his self destruction, he ain't got a chance. Poor sod. :(
    i agree with that actually.
    The vast vast majority of people have absolutely NO IDEA how hard it is to give up drugs when youre right in the deep end, especially if its a whole lifestyle, all your friends do it, plus all he gets is positive attention all the time anyway and his girlfriends practically a junkie too without the needles (so far). I dont see him getting out of this one alive, no matter how many rehabilitation orders or prison sentances he gets.

I have no idea about his music. Never heard anything by the libertines or babyshambles, yet funny how I know so much about the guy!
    Maybe using the same career strategy that worked so well for Kurt Cobain.
    the difference being that Nirvana had some good tunes.
    Kermit wrote:
    Blair has put me £15,000 in debt to him, has put me and my family in danger with his murderous foreign policy, and then forces me to pay him £8,000 a year to fund his regime.

:eek2: How?
    Who moved this to entertainment? Why?
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Who moved this to entertainment? Why?

I don't know, Babyshambles are about as entertaining as watching your gran do karaoke.

Andy, he nicks half of what I earn. Bastard.
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't know, Babyshambles are about as entertaining as watching your gran do karaoke.

They're actually not that bad - I think so anyway.
    Kermit wrote:

It's especially funny given the thread title. Sounds like a right entertaining laugh :nervous:
    Randomgirl wrote:
    It's especially funny given the thread title. Sounds like a right entertaining laugh :nervous:

Sounds like a Sun headline to me tbh. Maybe if people didn't get their knickers in a twist so much about Pete Doherty then the press wouldn't print stuff about him and people wouldn't get their knickers in a twist. See how that works? :rolleyes:
    MattMatt wrote:
    OK so the story is from the the Sun, but there are pictures showing him doing it too.

When is this guy going to be locked away for good!

Is there anyone out there who actually likes him?

And everything in The Sun is true... :rolleyes:
    is there two threads running on this subject ...cos i swear i made a reply in it?
    is there two threads running on this subject ...cos i swear i made a reply in it?

Yep in P&D --> http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=98412
    Renzo wrote:
    The man really is a cunt. Overhyped and talentless. If any of his bands had been really really massive maybe i could see the interest, but they havnt. The Libertines were alright but they wernt exactly the biggest band on the planet. Babyshambles are just shite. Let him overdose on his own away from the media headlines and have it be done with.

Potentially the stupidest post I've read on here, well done.

It's stated in some paper that he´s just removing the needle from her arm. She apparantly injected herself. Sounds more logical, why would he want to inject an unconscious girl. You can see from the pic that the chair is on the ground. She obviously took a hit and proceeded to fall off it, with the pin in her arm.

Just looking at the pic you can see her arm is above her heart and she has no tourniquet on, peter is experienced enough to know that rule. And the paper says shes unconscious yet her knee is in the air and they’ve covered her eyes. They’ve happily printed pictures of people with pete before and never covered anyones eyes, why now, what have that got to hide?

It’s like The Sun swallowed an AS-Level Sociology textbook and spat out all the really obvious ways the media influences the public section in one article. Regardless of whether the story even approaches the truth, it’s a textbook case of media manipulation.

The word is that the sun broke into his flat and stole the photos along with other personal possessions. I really hope they've shot themselves in the foot this time.
    I am not all that bothered about this. He probably didnt jab her with the needle, but then again, who cares, he is a twat. I know thats not a crime, but he is a twat, he is talentless and his music is as shit as it gets. He is the biggest laughing stock in his genre of music at the moment. And i doubt anyone who is more of a twat will come along anytime soon.
    subject13 wrote:
    I am not all that bothered about this. He probably didnt jab her with the needle, but then again, who cares, he is a twat. I know thats not a crime, but he is a twat, he is talentless and his music is as shit as it gets. He is the biggest laughing stock in his genre of music at the moment. And i doubt anyone who is more of a twat will come along anytime soon.
    he is far from talentless or he wouldn't be making the money he makes.
    he reminds me of the gallagher brothers ...bad press all the time for their behaviour.
    what do people expect these guys to be like?
    it's not just rock n roll ...it's also the fact heres some ordinary joe making millions and recieving adoration and press attention ...they aint supposed to be einstiens ...just lads of the street.
    cheers ...did i get confused or what!
    subject13 wrote:

he may be many things but talentless he aint. And what exactly is his genre, his music ranges from punk rock to pop to ska to reggae. Have a listen to these and then tell me his music is "as shit as it gets"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G3NlD5egWg&search=pete%20doherty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j9AZdXt1zc&search=pete%20doherty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zE5ukMAfCY&search=pete%20doherty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNXw7_8yAJ0&search=pete%20doherty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IMm-kJrcc4&search=pete%20doherty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj8Pilv7Dq8&search=pete%20doherty
    Well, I've heard his music now.

Totally ambivalent to it. No reason to hate it, no reason to love. Ah well.
    his music ranges from...
    Boring to boring I'd say, and the lead singer has a range that would make a tuning fork jealous!
    Ok, i listened to his music again, sounds exactly the same as it always does.
    He is in that genre of modern british bands. Only his has nothing unique about it.
    Compared to the gallagher brothers? Well Liam maybe, all he had was a voice, but to Noel? I think not. Noel was a real talent, and although most of those 20 minute guitar solos were cocaine fuelled at least he isnt such a twat.

Doherty is just a waste of space and a waste of effort. Money he makes??? The guy is as broke as they come. If he wasnt such a sell out with news stories about his "Illness" with drugs he wouldnt have any money ever since he always gets too wrecked to ever perform. Has anyone seen him live? What a fucking waste of a night!!! Seriously, just dont!
    subject13 wrote:
    Ok, i listened to his music again, sounds exactly the same as it always does.
    He is in that genre of modern british bands. Only his has nothing unique about it.
    Compared to the gallagher brothers? Well Liam maybe, all he had was a voice, but to Noel? I think not. Noel was a real talent, and although most of those 20 minute guitar solos were cocaine fuelled at least he isnt such a twat.

Doherty is just a waste of space and a waste of effort. Money he makes??? The guy is as broke as they come. If he wasnt such a sell out with news stories about his "Illness" with drugs he wouldnt have any money ever since he always gets too wrecked to ever perform. Has anyone seen him live? What a fucking waste of a night!!! Seriously, just dont!

Actually noel and pete are similiar in ways. They both had a brilliant first album and every album after has been after has been a bit dissappointing. I'm not the biggest oasis fan much prefer petes music, so I don't know much about oasis demos but pete has released tons of demos onto the interent and the quality of most of them are amazin, theres tons of brilliant songs waiting to be recorded for an album.

You really are talking out of your arse when you say theres nothing unique about him. For a start its his uniqueness that makes most people hate him as a person. And his music is most certainly unique. In an age where drab indie guitar rock such as the kaiser chiefs and hard fi rule, babyshambles are a breath of fresh air. Petes able to mix loads of different styles effortlessly.

And I've seen him live 3 times. I'll admit on large stages babyshambles are always shit for some reason, the mike for a start always seems to be turned down too low, but in small venues they are amazing. I think pete only enjoys playing to small crowds which actually like his music rather than to large crowds looking for a car crash. The 3 times I've seen him hes turned up on time and they've played great sets. In terms of energy and passion for his music alone theres no one better IMHO.

But at the end of the day people have different music tastes and if you don't like him you don't like him, but it would be a shame if people wrote off his music on the basis of what they think of him as a person.
    What? Oasis has more then one good Album, and i dont think Doherty first Album was theat great.

He doesnt turn the microphone down, he sings in a whisper live, he always does that, its his gimmick for live shows.

Large or small stage, i wasnt impressed at anytime by his live shows.

Demos on the net i can not comment on.

Unique? He is the most un-original guy out there. He is Mr Predictable as far as his music, look and behaviour goes. I can not no matter what get into anything he does because it is so, unimpressive. I heard his music before i ever heard his name, thought it was ok at first, but gradually its just become so similar to everything else he has already done, i decided to give up on it.
    so were Oasis as it goes
    who cares I`ll listen to it later maybe. The guy still has a serious drugs problem and will probably end up dead real soon. Whether hes a good musician or not is neither here nor there. music is art, and art is subjective.
    subject13 wrote:
    What? Oasis has more then one good Album, and i dont think Doherty first Album was theat great.

He doesnt turn the microphone down, he sings in a whisper live, he always does that, its his gimmick for live shows.

Large or small stage, i wasnt impressed at anytime by his live shows.

Demos on the net i can not comment on.

Unique? He is the most un-original guy out there. He is Mr Predictable as far as his music, look and behaviour goes. I can not no matter what get into anything he does because it is so, unimpressive. I heard his music before i ever heard his name, thought it was ok at first, but gradually its just become so similar to everything else he has already done, i decided to give up on it.

This is getting boring, I say petes talented you say he's not, I say his music is unique and say why I think so, you say no its not. I don't for one minute think you paid to see him in a small venue after what you said about his music and I don't think anyone else will either. Lets cut to the chase- you're saying the exact opposite of what I say cause you think hes a twat.
    Nah, I think Liam Gallagher is a twat but at least they do some decent songs- or did do, anyway.

Pete Doherty is nothing, its third-rate derivative shite as Blagsta says. It's plastic rock with a bit of plastic derivative bad boy press driving sales. It's not awful, its just nothing.

But someobody must like it. Personally I'd much rather sit and listen to someone like Nick Cave- a man with real talent- but the world would be boring if everyone had good taste.
    Kermit wrote:
    Nah, I think Liam Gallagher is a twat but at least they do some decent songs- or did do, anyway.

Pete Doherty is nothing, its third-rate derivative shite as Blagsta says. It's plastic rock with a bit of plastic derivative bad boy press driving sales. It's not awful, its just nothing.

But someobody must like it. Personally I'd much rather sit and listen to someone like Nick Cave- a man with real talent- but the world would be boring if everyone had good taste.

Yeah cause everyone who doesn't have the same taste in music as you has poor taste, what a moron.
This discussion has been closed.