Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

doom and gloom.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why would a starling build an eagle nest when it doesn't need to?

it would never have the opportunity to WANT to ...
  • Options
    they have inbuilt pre programmed instinct ...and thats it.
    they have limited learning abilities.
    you can teach a chimp to ride a bike ...you can't teach a chimp how to dream one up ...draw the design and manufacture it.
    yoou can teach a dog to lead a blind man but you can't teach a dog how to make a blind mans cane.
    yes we do have some hard wiring or pre programmed stuff ...breathing sweating having a crap suckling walking etc ...even astonishingly ...a pre progged language mechanism.
    you don't teach your children a language ...you teach them the odd words ...amazingly their littl brains are observing and listening and absorbing the language around them ...any language they are exposed to ...the brain teaches itself a language!
    but aside from the preprogramming we have free will ...choice.

Ok, tell me that how could a dog do a can without hands and why in hell would it want to do so? They don't need any do they and if they don't have the body to do one thing it is not realted in any way with choice... If they had hands maybe they could and would... you can teach a dog, but not every dog, why cos some just don't want to obey, doesn't that sow free will...

Some even do skateboarding... like here... look at him go, don't you think he is enjoying himself and when his master call him he choose to come back on the skateboard instead of running... and some even manage to talk... like here... :D

And dog can choice to either eat a bone now or save it for later by buring it into the ground even so they are pet and get feed everyday...

Btw animals do communicate and their little brain, ever smaller than babies ones, learn the language too, it's not because we don't understand their language that they don't have any...

Some animals can ever reproduce sound they hear or even our language when it is not that easy the other way around...

Also why would any animals need a telescope or want to map the stars and what tell you some don't map the stars...

And now you are saying we are preprogrammed too and have choice too, which I said for animals too, or do you think a bird is preprogrammed to do a nest in a specific tree? No they don't, therefor they still have a choice...

Some animals even commit suicide, doesn't that show free will when normally we think they all go by instinct and they do everything for survival...
  • Options
    Ok, tell me that how could a dog do a can without hands and why in hell would it want to do so? They don't need any do they and if they don't have the body to do one thing it is not realted in any way with choice... If they had hands maybe they could and would...
    and what tell you some don't map the stars...

:lol: so all these poor creatures are feeling realy pissed off and frustrated cos they haven't grown hands!
    being as inteligent as a human and having free will must be hell ...if your stuck in a dogs body ...mind you some of the women i've been ...never mind.
    dogs in space! oh they can't ...they haven't got any hands ....

hands have more connections to the brain than any other part of the body.
    an amazing tool that helps us manipulte our environments to the enth degree ...or caress a crying baby ...play a musical instrument do fine embroidery or micro surgery ...

sorry mate but ...if you see the animal kingdom being any where near the likes of man ...you have a lower opinion of mankind than i ...which shows when you say the mass suicide or killing of the entire human race ...would be of benefit ...
    do you know of any other creature on this planet that knows ...we live in a spiral galaxy ...on the outer edge of one of its arms ...meaning we can look out and study a huge ammount of universe ...any further up the arm would prevent us looking out.
    who can comprehend these things?
  • Options
    and you mentioned ants.
    ants live in a very ordered system indeedy.
    it has been suggested that a colony actualy make up one entity.

and will they ever change the way they are governed ...no.
    why?
    cos they cannot dream of things that could be ...they don't have free will.
    they have no choice.
  • Options
    so....
    humans have free will????
    we are not governed by the world we live in?
    we are not preprogrammed to kill each other?
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    we are not governed by the world we live in?
    our potential and our limits are unknown.
    and the second question sounds like you burnt your lips on your crack pipe.
  • Options
    our potential and our limits are unknown.
    and the second question sounds like you burnt your lips on your crack pipe.

See that's the problem, a lot of people are hampered by their fear of being so powerful that they can actually do anything they want!!

Instead they settle for rhetoric and bullshit!!

You didn't answer the second question.
  • Options
    and you mentioned ants.
    ants live in a very ordered system indeedy.
    it has been suggested that a colony actualy make up one entity.

and will they ever change the way they are governed ...no.
    why?
    cos they cannot dream of things that could be ...they don't have free will.
    they have no choice.
    ants are propper communists,i'd quite like to be an ant.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:

No. I believe the basic "programming" of humans is to survive and reproduce, same as any other animal.

We kill each other because we want stuff, and need to kill to get it.
    Be it killing someone for their mobile to gaining geopolicitical control of a region, it's the same thing.
  • Options
    No. I believe the basic "programming" of humans is to survive and reproduce, same as any other animal.

We kill each other because we want stuff, and need to kill to get it.
    Be it killing someone for their mobile to gaining geopolicitical control of a region, it's the same thing.
    robbing a mobile phone is the same as invading a country?
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    robbing a mobile phone is the same as invading a country?

Different scale, but the same principle.
  • Options
    Different scale, but the same principle.
    do you think we have grown up a bit nowdays though? or have we learnt nothing?

do you support imperialism?

is there another way?
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    do you think we have grown up a bit nowdays though? or have we learnt nothing?

do you support imperialism?

is there another way?

We've learned that we can get our way through violence. It mightn't work as well on the street, but who's going to arrest a nation with nukes?

I don't directly support imperialism. I probably do indirectly, because I want a comfortable life.

Possibly. It'll be interesting to see Sweden wean itself off oil.
  • Options
    :lol: so all these poor creatures are feeling realy pissed off and frustrated cos they haven't grown hands!
    being as inteligent as a human and having free will must be hell ...if your stuck in a dogs body ...mind you some of the women i've been ...never mind.

:lol:
    dogs in space! oh they can't ...they haven't got any hands ....

Dogs could actually go in space, no need of any hands for that, they can just let humans build rocket for them... Hey, we even pick up their shit, who is the smartest on that one... :D
    hands have more connections to the brain than any other part of the body.
    an amazing tool that helps us manipulte our environments to the enth degree ...or caress a crying baby ...play a musical instrument do fine embroidery or micro surgery ...

Ok, but why would dogs needs hand... to create weapons... technology that destroy the environment... play music... animals without the humankind and hands will survive for longer than us with our magical hands and brain... hands are useful to wank so I admit... but dogs and others find a way to do so...
    sorry mate but ...if you see the animal kingdom being any where near the likes of man ...you have a lower opinion of mankind than i ...which shows when you say the mass suicide or killing of the entire human race ...would be of benefit ...

How can you say I have a lower opinion of mankind than you when you keep repeating we are responsible for our own destruction and that we doom ourselves... I don't see how mankind can be greater than any others by doing such... being more intelligent doesn't mean being better, it's just mean being more intelligent... if we are doom anyway why does it matter if mankind is erradicate... it will be one way or a other... my way at least there will be creatures that will still be living on this planet instead of being doomed with us all...

And my first suggestion was to create a new planet we could live on and not to erradicated human race, but if people suggest to kill only some, I say kill them all otherwise it is discrimination... and the humankind doesn't like that... it's not politically correct or something... even so it always existed and will always exists...

Also the point was to say that animals can have choices too and nowhere i have stated than animals were as intelligent as human, they are less, but by being less intelligent they don't destroy this planet for comfort and only do what is needed for them to live and reproduce... But it is not because they are less intelligent that any form of life is more important than an other... humankind intelligence indeed bring us a lot of knowledge, but it also give us vices and many other things that lead us to our own destruction...
    do you know of any other creature on this planet that knows ...we live in a spiral galaxy ...on the outer edge of one of its arms ...meaning we can look out and study a huge ammount of universe ...any further up the arm would prevent us looking out.
    who can comprehend these things?

How can you be so sure they don't... Do we have even find every single creature on this planet... no we didn't... And even if they don't, you don't believe we could live on an other planet, so what's the point of knowing all of that anyway... and yes i know their is some advantage of knowing all of that that help us in our everyday life, but if you don't think it can save us, it's is kind of useless in a long term innit...
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    ants are propper communists,i'd quite like to be an ant.

sigworthy
  • Options
    We've learned that we can get our way through violence. It mightn't work as well on the street, but who's going to arrest a nation with nukes?

I don't directly support imperialism. I probably do indirectly, because I want a comfortable life.

Possibly. It'll be interesting to see Sweden wean itself off oil.
    do you think a world order enforced by the west could eventually be a good thing, considering that you an me don't do too bad from our so called "democracy"?.

i mean lets face it,this is what we have, this is what we are.would'nt it be logical to just continue as we are in the hope we may end up sorting it all out?

its not like we have a say anyway is it?

doom and gloom perhaps,but what if this is the only way? if we are to save the plannet then we need money and power to do that.
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    sigworthy
    what?
  • Options
    Mad Mac wrote:
    do you think a world order enforced by the west could eventually be a good thing, considering that you an me don't do too bad from our so called "democracy"?.

i mean lets face it,this is what we have, this is what we are.would'nt it be logical to just continue as we are in the hope we may end up sorting it all out?

its not like we have a say anyway is it?

doom and gloom perhaps,but what if this is the only way? if we are to save the plannet then we need money and power to do that.

It'd be good for us, probably, but not the rest of them. The whole world couldn't live like us, as there's not enough to go round.

I don't think we'll save the planet, because it doesn't need saving. All we want to do is live comfortably, and I think we will.

The poor countries will still be in the shit, though.
  • Options
    i haven't said i don't believe we can go and live on another planet.
    i don't believe any significant number will be able to for a very long while or stay any significant length of time. for a very very long while.
  • Options
    I wonder what nature thought when man cut through it to build roads, skyscrapers, built over it with bridges. I genuinely do wonder what they think when they see us jumping into our cars, on our mobile phones, smoking our cigarettes, they know rightly these things don't grow on trees so where do they come from?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I wonder what nature thought when man cut through it to build roads, skyscrapers, built over it with bridges. I genuinely do wonder what they think when they see us jumping into our cars, on our mobile phones, smoking our cigarettes, they know rightly these things don't grow on trees so where do they come from?
    what do they think!
    very very little.
    "hey i like the new mini" ...thinks the dog ...i don't think so.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I wonder what nature thought when man cut through it to build roads, skyscrapers, built over it with bridges. come from?
    whats is this thinking nature?
  • Options
    whats is this thinking nature?

Don't you think nature isn't observing what man's doing to it?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Don't you think nature isn't observing what man's doing to it?
    who is this nature?
    do you mean do i think the earth is watching us and thinking to itself ...i'll get the bastards ...i'll get 'em alright?
  • Options
    who is this nature?
    do you mean do i think the earth is watching us and thinking to itself ...i'll get the bastards ...i'll get 'em alright?

It doesn't think in the conventional sense but it knows rightly. It feels pain.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It doesn't think in the conventional sense but it knows rightly. It feels pain.
    it?
    three times you mentioned it ...
    what is it ...where is it ...this it that feels and knows ...knowing would imply personality of some kind?
  • Options
    it?
    three times you mentioned it ...
    what is it ...where is it ...this it that feels and knows ...knowing would imply personality of some kind?

Yeh, the animals and the trees and grass themselves all make up nature. It's a life force.
  • Options
    obi.wan.lg.jpg
  • Options
    what do they think!
    very very little.
    "hey i like the new mini" ...thinks the dog ...i don't think so.
    so? How does that prove lack of intelligence.
    All the things you say are down to superiority and intelligence are mainly down to what happens when weve got so much time on our hands, we dont even have to worry about survival anymore. Pondering about the universe, mapping the stars, coveting your friends new mini, its all TIMEWASTING. dya think the little pygmy bushman in the desert gives a shit about it anymore than your pet dog? doesnt mean hes less evolved than us either, its just culture and society.
    Dogs have their own favourite things that they enjoy and generally arent interested in stuff like astronomy or dreaming up bicycles and canes for blind humans for sure.
  • Options
    i haven't said i don't believe we can go and live on another planet.
    i don't believe any significant number will be able to for a very long while or stay any significant length of time. for a very very long while.

If you say we are doom, it means we are due to die and you said building Mars to be able to live one was not interesting because it was just a rock... How can you be sure we are 100% doom, if you believe we can go and use an other planet too... If you believe we can, then we are not really doom are we... you said there was no solution for it when going to live on Mars is one... I have never say it was possible in a short time frame either, but that is is possible and that it might be a way for us to survive... Also tbh if it happends you can be sure that the middle class, bottom class and people living in less developed countries will be left to die on earth and that only upper class will be allowed to go live over there... Frankly I think the process could go faster than we think, unfortunatly countries are morons and do not work togeher as a team...