Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

doom and gloom.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    anyone fancy an end of the world party?

Anyone bringing some drinks?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I got a plan to save the world...but it means having to kill billions of people!

We get our scientists to create a unique targetted bio-weapon, then we use it to kill the undesirable elements of society. Thats got to be about 5 out of the 6 billion people who populate the planet right?

It will kill off and eat the flesh of its victims, then we dont have to worry about the body pile up. It could kill the dumb, weak, fat and ugly, leaving a utopian society of goodlooking smart people...like all of us. lol

Too extreme just to save the environment? or not extreme enough?
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    I got a plan to save the world...but it means having to kill billions of people!

We get our scientists to create a unique targetted bio-weapon, then we use it to kill the undesirable elements of society. Thats got to be about 5 out of the 6 billion people who populate the planet right?

It will kill off and eat the flesh of its victims, then we dont have to worry about the body pile up. It could kill the dumb, weak, fat and ugly, leaving a eutopian society of goodlooking smart people...like all of us. lol

Do a search on google for Dr Pianka. He recently advocated getting rid of 90% of the world's population, to rapturous applause from his students.

Scary stuff.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    To save the environment now, we have to devolve back to cavemen. That'dbe stupid.

Personally, I say, roll on the Arcology research! (Great idea tbh.) If we no longer have to be dependant on the outside world and can live in huge self-contained buildings, then we're fine, eh?

Who NEEDS Mother Earth anymore if we can make these things? ;) I've thought about it... and had some ideas... but I don't know alot about it really. I'd need do do millions of degrees in engerniering, architecture, sciences, etc.

But it seems do-able. We can recycle air on the space station... so a bigger scale... but as well as that, you could fill the top 25% of the structure with plants, and vary the light and dark conditions on alternate floors. (Bear in mind the size of this - each building would probably contain the population of London if we were to make them feisable). London in a building. Hmm.

It would cost alot - but can you put a price on the survival of our race?
  • Options
    Utopia is a fable.

First we have to do a thorough and full genetic reconstruction of the human race.
    Then form a central world government.
    Then we can do the moon bubble thing and send all the incarcarated population of the world there to work on turning the moon into a living environment and give them a chance to re-evaluate life.

Oh hell, who will give a shit anyway.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:

It will kill off and eat the flesh of its victims, then we dont have to worry about the body pile up. It could kill the dumb, weak, fat and ugly, leaving a utopian society of goodlooking smart people...like all of us. lol

Ever seen twelve monkeys?

We do the same but erradicate the human race in totality and live this planet to the animals that do respect it...
  • Options
    how about erradicating pessimists?
  • Options
    minimi38 wrote:
    how about erradicating pessimists?

everyone include pessimists too... at least my way there is no descrimination, every one is treated the same... :D
  • Options
    Why would we want to leave it to the animals though? I am all for keeping them and letting them have their way alone and unharmed, but i want to live too.
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    Why would we want to leave it to the animals though? I am all for keeping them and letting them have their way alone and unharmed, but i want to live too.

Hey you suggested it, I just made it so there is no descrimination, me my plan was to go and build us a new planet that we might respect after having spending so muh effort into it...
  • Options
    Who was it who said:
    earth is nothing more than a big ball of rock thats there to be turned into weath by the coldest, meanest predators that walked its surface; humans

?
  • Options
    erradicate the human race in totality and live this planet to the animals that do respect it...
    there'd be no point to the planet then ...all those beaches being ignored ...no one to wonder at the stars ...shit everywhere.
  • Options
    there'd be no point to the planet then ...all those beaches being ignored ...no one to wonder at the stars ...shit everywhere.
    Dogs are fascinated by each others butts. I wonder what goes through their head doing that activity...maybe they're all smart and have it sorted, who knows.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Dogs are fascinated by each others butts. I wonder what goes through their head doing that activity...maybe they're all smart and have it sorted, who knows.
    i think it's safe to pressume they know nowt ...and i would imagine it's a very nasty smell that goes through their heads.
  • Options
    i think it's safe to pressume they know nowt ...and i would imagine it's a very nasty smell that goes through their heads.

True enough, dogs are dumb fucks. What's in the human brain that separates itself from all other animals, magic potion?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    True enough, dogs are dumb fucks. What's in the human brain that separates itself from all other animals, magic potion?
    an awful lot of wiring mate and some seriously unique features.
    theres around twenty thousand miles of connecting fibre or wiring ...around one hundred billion connections and ...the ability to appreciate music and art ...and above all else ...the power to create ...and destroy.
    no other creature comes near us.
  • Options
    Dogs are smart, dont diss dogs, you dog haters! Bunch of anti-dog nazis!
  • Options
    ...and the thing that truly seperates us is ...choice.
  • Options

Ok so if we are so needed on this planet why do we destroy it and doom ourselves at the same time?

Or is for you this planet human property and if human didn't existed nothing should be able to live on it?
  • Options
    ...and the thing that truly seperates us is ...choice.

Choice is nice to have when we can make the right one and I think if we have doom ourselves as you said we keep making the wrong ones...
  • Options
    Choice is nice to have when we can make the right one and I think if we have doom ourselves as you said we keep making the wrong ones...
    no other creature has choice ...we seem to make very bad decisions indeed.
    but who is this we i wonder?
    the choice to do the right thing is available to all of us most of the time.

i realy don't see the point in a beautiful world ...without inteligence.
  • Options
    Everyone in this thread needs a nice liberal dose of anti-depressants...

...provided by your favourite multinationals of course...
  • Options
    no other creature has choice ...we seem to make very bad decisions indeed.
    but who is this we i wonder?
    the choice to do the right thing is available to all of us most of the time.

i realy don't see the point in a beautiful world ...without inteligence.

How can you say we are the only one that are intelligent... some animals are clever enough to build themself a place to live, to teach their children how to hunt for food, to communicate with each other, to work as a group... and they do all of that without destroying the environment...

we is you, me and the all human race, it would be too easy to put everything on the back of politicians and industries... why do they fuck everything up, because we let them do it... we are all responsible...
  • Options
    minimi38...not much for the environment? I used to be an industrialist too.
  • Options
    How can you say we are the only one that are intelligent... some animals are clever enough to build themself a place to live, to teach their children how to hunt for food, to communicate with each other, to work as a group... and they do all of that without destroying the environment...

ants do all that and more but they have no choice but to do what they are programmed to or die.
    we have choice.
    free will ...
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    minimi38...not much for the environment? I used to be an industrialist too.

i like trees and animals...... when they made into useful products. It makes me happy the tree that used to be my chest of draws was put to good use and that a horse was made into the glue to stick the draws together.

im joking
  • Options
    ants do all that and more but they have no choice but to do what they are programmed to or die.
    we have choice.
    free will ...

ok ants do, but don't you think the animals kingdom is not just ants?

Some animals choose where to reproduce, where to live, and no one force them... animals can make wrong choices too that like us can cost them their life... the only difference is they do not destroy the planet by doing so...

for example a bird can choose a tree instead of an other to create a home to host eggs, they do choose it, noone force them there and sometimes if they haven't analyse or made the right choice it can end up wit the egg falling on the floor or being eaten by a predator...

In some animal that live in packs, some leave the pack, bu their own choice, maybe because they are curious... curiosity show reflexion and intelligence...

ants are the worse example you could find as they work like all countries work, under a politcian, a queen...
  • Options
    ok ants do, but don't you think the animals kingdom is not just ants?

Some animals choose where to reproduce, where to live, and no one force them... animals can make wrong choices too that like us can cost them their life... the only difference is they do not destroy the planet by doing so...

for example a bird can choose a tree instead of an other to create a home to host eggs, they do choose it, noone force them there and sometimes if they haven't analyse or made the right choice it can end up wit the egg falling on the floor or being eaten by a predator...

In some animal that live in packs, some leave the pack, bu their own choice, maybe because they are curious... curiosity show reflexion and intelligence...

ants are the worse example you could find as they work like all countries work, under a politcian, a queen...
    birds have to build the nest they are programmed to build and no other.
    many birds build a bewildering variety of nests ...but a starling can never build an eagles nest ...a blackbird cannot build the nest of a lesser spotted oojy ma gig.
    they are pre programmed.
    have you ever seen a birds nest with a telescope in it ...and a bird ...mapping the stars?
    is their any species of bird ...that can choose what it's going to do when it gets all growed up?
  • Options
    birds have to build the nest they are programmed to build and no other.
    many birds build a bewildering variety of nests ...but a starling can never build an eagles nest ...a blackbird cannot build the nest of a lesser spotted oojy ma gig.
    they are pre programmed.

And we are not pre-programmed?

Why would a starling build an eagle nest when it doesn't need to?

Can a poor man have a rich house build?

It's not because animals build what they need instead of building for their comfort that they do not have a choice...

And if even if they couldn't build an other bird nest, they still have the CHOICE where to build it, so it is still a choice...

It's not because so animals are not able to do some things that they don't have any choice at all...
  • Options
    And we are not pre-programmed?

Why would a starling build an eagle nest when it doesn't need to?

Can a poor man have a rich house build?

It's not because animals build what they need instead of building for their comfort that they do not have a choice...

And if even if they couldn't build an other bird nest, they still have the CHOICE where to build it, so it is still a choice...

It's not because so animals are not able to do some things that they don't have any choice at all...
    they have inbuilt pre programmed instinct ...and thats it.
    they have limited learning abilities.
    you can teach a chimp to ride a bike ...you can't teach a chimp how to dream one up ...draw the design and manufacture it.
    yoou can teach a dog to lead a blind man but you can't teach a dog how to make a blind mans cane.
    yes we do have some hard wiring or pre programmed stuff ...breathing sweating having a crap suckling walking etc ...even astonishingly ...a pre progged language mechanism.
    you don't teach your children a language ...you teach them the odd words ...amazingly their littl brains are observing and listening and absorbing the language around them ...any language they are exposed to ...the brain teaches itself a language!
    but aside from the preprogramming we have free will ...choice.