Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

doom and gloom.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry mate but all this find another planet i find to be the ultimate in false hope.
    all the other planets are either dead or out of reach.

well apprantly there would be a way to recreate an atmosphere on Mars whish would mean we could evantually use it to live one... It wouldn't be an easy task tho and of course I am not sure at 100% it could be done now, but if so then Mars is reachable... imo evertyhing is possible we just haven't find the way of doing it yet...
  • Options
    well apprantly there would be a way to recreate an atmosphere on Mars whish would mean we could evantually use it to live one... It wouldn't be an easy task tho and of course I am not sure at 100% it could be done now, but if so then Mars is reachable... imo evertyhing is possible we just haven't find the way of doing it yet...
    would you be happy living on a rock ...in a bubble ...while we waited for the worms and ANTS and slugs and grass and trees and etc etc to develop?
    and what kind of atmosphere?
    being in a different proximity to the sun would mean a very different habitat to the one we currently enjoy.
    sounds like a last ditch attempt to get a small handful of humans to survive ...endure ...not live ....
  • Options
    would you be happy living on a rock ...in a bubble ...while we waited for the worms and ANTS and slugs and grass and trees and etc etc to develop?
    and what kind of atmosphere?
    being in a different proximity to the sun would mean a very different habitat to the one we currently enjoy.
    sounds like a last ditch attempt to get a small handful of humans to survive ...endure ...not live ....

I will be more than happy to live on a rock, I would rather live on a rock alone than continue to see our beautiful planet being destroyed by us... I would rather see slowly grow life than see life slowly dying...
    There is water on mars (ice), heat it up and you get a brand new atmosphere... That easy...
    Being closer to the sun will allow us to use solar panel more effeciently (safe power) and the new atmosphere should protect us quite nicely...

Also being on mars will mean our research for other planets would be easier as we don't have to depart from earth but mars...
  • Options
    I agree with what you are all saying, but it is hardly likely to happen in our lifetime is it!?
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    I agree with what you are all saying, but it is hardly likely to happen in our lifetime is it!?
    oh dear,you seem to have missed the point.
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    oh dear,you seem to have missed the point.

Which was?
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Which was?
    are you planning to have kids?
  • Options
    I will be more than happy to live on a rock,
    Also being on mars will mean our research for other planets would be easier as we don't have to depart from earth but mars...
    how would it be easier?

how long would it take for mars to go from this extreme to this ...?

vlpan127ke.jpg

firsta8rc.jpg
  • Options
    mrrollsmeadow9qt.jpg

this is what keeps us alive.
    would mars ever look like this ...no.

i find it quite scary that people have now reached a point where even planets are disposable.
  • Options
    how would it be easier?

vlpan127ke.jpg

firsta8rc.jpg
    oi,what you doin snooping round my house?. :D
  • Options
    not sure why governments are always brung into these discussions.
    has there ever been a nice sensible government? no.

all thats bad in this world ...all thats failing ...is to easily thrown on the governments shoulders ...why?
    i know ...and you know ...we have no faith in them ...so how come we are always looking to ...a next benign government to help us out.
    we are the problem ...you and me.

You need to think of a government as thousands of people instead of a select few, bro!!
    We elect the governing bodies, and they should be working for us.

Also, never said it was the governments fault for anything....
    And I am definitely not looking for anyone to help me.
    And also, I am not the problem.

See I do my bit, I recycle, I save electricity, I try not to accelerate too fast of the line, i volunteer for Oxfam and the UN, and once I get enough contacts and experience I plan to get involved in some form of governing and try to influence change.

I realize what state this world is in, and probably more than you, but i am actually being positive and trying to do something about it.

Cheer up, bro, it's our world to fuck up, it's our world to heal!
    It's all about attitude....

Peace.
  • Options
    how would it be easier?

vlpan127ke.jpg

firsta8rc.jpg

You are just showing in the second picture what is the reason of this planet destruction... Our own comfort... At least my way we will have gain what we have and respect it instead of taking it for granted and fucking it up...
  • Options
    I will be more than happy to live on a rock, I would rather live on a rock alone than continue to see our beautiful planet being destroyed by us... I would rather see slowly grow life than see life slowly dying...
    There is water on mars (ice), heat it up and you get a brand new atmosphere... That easy...
    Being closer to the sun will allow us to use solar panel more effeciently (safe power) and the new atmosphere should protect us quite nicely...

mars is actually further from the sun, but otherwise i agree with you :)

george bush is a fuck up along with all the other corporations that have way more money than they deserve. As was said earlier, a central joint effort will never happen as whoever undercuts/disagrees with plans will benefit.
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    mars is actually further from the sun

Yep, based myself on what rolly said instead of remembering the facts...
  • Options
    Yep, based myself on what rolly said instead of remembering the facts...
    not sure what you mean by that ...
    one good thing about mars ...when you manufacture your solar pannels which create a serious ammount of pollution ...thee won't be any oceans to poison ...no rivers to poison ...no soil to contaminate. :D
  • Options
    not sure what you mean by that ...
    one good thing about mars ...when you manufacture your solar pannels which create a serious ammount of pollution ...thee won't be any oceans to poison ...no rivers to poison ...no soil to contaminate. :D

See it aint that bad up there :p

Or could just build them on earth and bring the up there...
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    You need to think of a government as thousands of people instead of a select few, bro!!
    We elect the governing bodies, and they should be working for us.

Also, never said it was the governments fault for anything....
    And I am definitely not looking for anyone to help me.
    And also, I am not the problem.

See I do my bit, I recycle, I save electricity, I try not to accelerate too fast of the line, i volunteer for Oxfam and the UN, and once I get enough contacts and experience I plan to get involved in some form of governing and try to influence change.

I realize what state this world is in, and probably more than you, but i am actually being positive and trying to do something about it.

Cheer up, bro, it's our world to fuck up, it's our world to heal!
    It's all about attitude....

Peace.
    all good stuff mate ...it's nice to know someone has ambitions in your direction.
    any ideas about how we are going to repair our atmosphere ...prevent the now unpreventable global warming?
    any ideas how we are going to deal with dwindling resources ...including water and food?
  • Options
    all good stuff mate ...it's nice to know someone has ambitions in your direction.
    any ideas about how we are going to repair our atmosphere ...prevent the now unpreventable global warming?
    any ideas how we are going to deal with dwindling resources ...including water and food?

If I knew all that, I'd be a millionaire, bro!! ;)
  • Options
    have you rolly?
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    If I knew all that, I'd be a millionaire, bro!! ;)
    a bloke i know say's "bro" all the time....but he sells dodgy stuff.

doesnt mean anything,just reminds me of him is all. :D
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    have you rolly?
    no ...it's why it's called the doom and gloom thread!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    Out of financial and social reasons (mainly the structure of the welfare state) then we do, if we want to be able to retire and be taken care of as it is functioning now.

Indeed.

Otherwise, it'll all go tits up. I suppose though, Immigration might help balance it out?

Either way... Global Warming is going to play a big part in my generation... should be fun to watch the apocalypse! :hyper: Bet I could sell videos of it happening on ebay for LOADS!
  • Options
    Santee Claus is your friend!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    turlough wrote:
    Santee Claus is your friend!

fun2.gif
    marx.gif

...?
  • Options

It's called Terraforming and we are way off that sort of technology, we havent even walked on mars yet, let alone playing with it to make it habital.

Read Terraforming
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    It's called Terraforming and we are way off that sort of technology, we havent even walked on mars yet, let alone playing with it to make it habital.

Read Terraforming

Never said it was going to be easy or that we could do it now, was only pointing that it is possible, earth is not going to die within the next 10 years... we still have tme... technology evolve faster than ever... and technically we don't even need to walk on Mars to start the process... thanks for the link btw...
  • Options
    Could terraform the moon. Build a huge dome around it, pump it full of air and then put nutriants and water in the gound, grow plants. Coul use it as a test case for Mars...of course i doubt we could do it with Russia's space programme and since the USA are not launching any rockets at th emoment, is way off in the future.
  • Options
    Why is everyone giving up on Earth?
    We still haven't explored living underwater, in the sky or under ground....
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Why is everyone giving up on Earth?
    We still haven't explored living underwater, in the sky or under ground....

True, but we have fucked it up already and imo unless we Kill All Humans, this planet is doomed... Even if the peopl were ready to make sacrifice to save earth, industries will not... The only solution would be to become the biggest industry on this planet and make sure the rest of them do care about saving this planet... working on it...
  • Options
    anyone fancy an end of the world party?